T Nation

Healthier in Ten Years

17 April 2018

Agile 8 + 10 jumps

Paused Bench: 170x5, 195x5, 215x5, 170x5x5
Chest-Supported Row: 50 reps
Back Extension: 100 reps
Barbell Curl: 45 lbs x 50 reps

I was talking to my brother about weight gaining strategies for one of my friends, and I had an A+ idea: HJOPBAD (modeled after GOMAD). I immediately googled this to see if any other fools had this idea. One man wrote a poemish thing about his experiences:

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day…

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you begin to hate – and hate is a strong word, so I use it carefully – you begin to hate peanut butter. At that point, you have 25 jars left.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, a hard boiled egg with nothing on it can taste like a feast.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you get used to the stares as you walk down the street with your spoon.

When you eat jar of peanut butter a day, you even get used to smelling like peanut butter all the time… but no one else does.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you need more sleep because your body needs more time to process the extra fat in your system. And by process, I mean store.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you start to count your days by jars, not days, because jars, not days, are what you’re trying to survive.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you’re always depressed in the morning because it means the beginning of a new jar.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you’re also always depressed in the evening because you haven’t finished your jar yet, which means you’ll have to stay up late finishing what you hate.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, food stops sounding appealing.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you feel bloated… and sodium overdose.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, you notice all those peanut allergies you never thought you had, like acne and itchiness and muscle stiffness… or maybe again, that’s just sodium overdose.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, the color and texture of what comes out during your bathroom breaks look just like what goes in during your lunch breaks.

When you eat a jar of peanut butter a day, YOU NEED HELP!

Your body changes, your mind changes, and – most of all – the way you think about peanut butter forever changes. But it’s totally awesome, when you eat a jar of peanut butter a day.

19 April 2018

Agile 8 + 10 jumps

Press: 115x5x5
Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 235x5, 275x5
Chin-Ups: 12,10,10
Hanging Leg Raise: 10,8,7

Exercise Bike: 20 minutes HIIT

Are you eating a jar of peanut butter a day? Maybe buy smaller jars. :joy:

Lifts going well? Where are we at in the cycle?

Hell no I’m not eating a jar of a day. I’m already on my way to a rotund chef’s midsection, so that would fuck me up.

Lifts are going reasonably well. Just chugging away slow and steady. I’m on week 3 of 5’s PRO.

I’m honestly thinking about cutting some fat off. I’ve never been lean before in my life. I was always kind of chubby, so I’ve not experienced the awesomeness of being lean. Thus, on my next cycle, I’m thinking about cutting a bit.

Btw your lifts have been doing well. I’ve been following. Hammy seems to be doing well too.

If and when you decide to lean out, have a plan.
You’ll lose strength and muscles in the quest for leanness.
But it’s kind of cool to be lean, but you’ll have to live in the counting calories all the time, looking at cake and sweets and you’ll say no thanks because you want to see those abs and defined muscles.
So have a plan give it a predefined time, and be happy with were you get in that time, build back some muscles before next leaning out phase.

Yea, I’ve given the diet, timeline, and goals some thought. I’m sitting at 200 lbs bodyweight now and can see my upper abs under good lighting. However, I definitely have a healthy layer of fat. Judging by how I look right now, I would probably be pretty shredded around 170-175. Here is what I’m thinking with regard to the diet:

Breakfast Shake
Triple Berry Blend
Protein Powder
Genesis (greens supplement)
Peanut Butter

Snack
Protein Powder
Ground Flaxseed

Lunch
Pumpkin Seeds
Bush’s Black Beans
Whole Grain Pasta
Marinara Sauce
(Optional) Salad with spinach, mushroom, pepper, tomato, cucumber, and carrots

Dinner
Seitan
Sweet Potatoes
Kale

Each meal is 50 grams of protein. The totals are:

Calories: 2298
Protein: 205
Carbs: 258
Fat: 56

Training program would be something similar to what I’m doing now (perhaps with a little less volume).

@mortdk @losthog

What do you guys think?

Looks great man! Give yourself some time to adjust to the new calories and know it may take some tweaking here and there.