Return of the Muskrat

Thank you sir! I had to do well after I saw your bench press success yesterday :muscle:t2::muscle:t2: Your lifts are flying up

PR: wohoo

1 Like

Congrats on the PR

1 Like

14 March 2018

Weighted Chins: 45x5x3
Behind the Neck Press: (45,95,85,75)x10
Tricep Pushdown: 3x8, 1x25
Dumbbell Curl: 15,10,8,25
Side Lateral Raise: 3x15

Exercise Bike: 25 minutes

I went in today to spot my brother and do exercise bike. However, when I crossed the threshold into the hallowed halls of Brodin, a most important realization came to the forefront of my dome. In my quest for pure strength, I had sinfully passed over the muscles that signal that I even lift, bro. Thus, in order to atone for my nefarious negligence, I slapped the shit out of my bis, tris, and yoke.

Have a good Wednesday folks, and may you even lift, bro :muscle:t2:

1 Like

17 March 2018

Press: 110x5, 125x3, 140x10 $ PR $
Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 245x5
Squat: 115x30
Hanging Leg Raises: 5x5
Back Extension: 1x25
Band Pull-Aparts: 2x50

Today was one of the most fun lifts I’ve had in a while. Hit an overhead press PR, did some squat and deadlift, and finished up with a bit of assistance.

I met a guy in there who had a 425 bench press and 245 overhead press at a 255 bodyweight (37 years old). I talked to him a bit, and he said that he had just started a new training program, and his lifts were moving up again after being stalled for a while. I asked him what the program was, and he said 5/3/1. Pretty badass

3 Likes

Yes sir! Nice or set. The way those first few flew up i was beginning to think you would throw it through the roof…

2 Likes

Thanks haha. I laughed out loud at ur comment :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Nice lift man, as Hog said, that was a full blown attack the first reps. I’m gonna do the first 5 reps before my body understands what’s going on.
Congrats on the PR.

1 Like

Haha thanks Mort!

So you are almost done with this what like 3 workouts and a deload…

Yessir just 1 bench session and 2 deload workouts. Technically, I’m training a 2-day 5/3/1 split. I will probably continue with a 2-day split until this semester is over, but that definitely doesn’t preclude me from doing some high rep squats on my bench days.

But damn have I been happy with my progress this cycle. I will probably continue doing the same thing for press, bench, and sumo but switch to high rep stuff for squat. My back has been feeling fine lately with the high rep squats (with light weight), so I’m optimistic

Good thing with high reps is low weight. It is a time to fine tune the technique…it can make or break form.

Yea, I’m just focusing on excellent form and not dive bombing at all. Just nice and controlled. The lower back pump feels great too.

I think the sets of 50 for back extensions have been helping. Also the hanging leg raises.

2 Likes

Made some bomb-ass tofu chili. @simo74 inspired me

4 Likes

Quality, good job

1 Like

20 March 2018

Bench: 165x5, 190x3, 210x10 rep PR
Band Pull-Aparts: 50 reps

Felt like shit today, but I got the reps I wanted. I didn’t want to do too much assistance since I’m going to be playing 2 hours of intramural soccer tonight. I’m happy though. Onto deload week!

3 Likes

Nice work mate, well done on the PR

1 Like

Damn. Soon you’ll be hitting 3 plates.

1 Like

yeah nice PR man

1 Like

25 March 2018

Deload Workout

Press: 105x5, 120x3, 135x1, 150x1
Chin-Ups: 4x5

2 Likes