Health-Related Reasons To Get Jacked And Lean

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

I’m also with Edevus… usually sleep pretty shitty after squat and dead days, even if I feel like falling asleep where I stand in the gym.[/quote]

Maybe you are not eating enough.

Just a thought not being an ass or you know like Greg[/quote]

I’m eating 3600-4000 kcal a day (I weigh 170lb now). Not my situation.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

I’m also with Edevus… usually sleep pretty shitty after squat and dead days, even if I feel like falling asleep where I stand in the gym.[/quote]

I’m eating 3600-4000 kcal a day (I weigh 170lb now). Not my situation.[/quote]

Maybe you are not eating enough. Double that amount on DL/Squat days and tell me how you sleep.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

Maybe you are not eating enough. Double that amount on DL/Squat days and tell me how you sleep. [/quote]

I will do that, doctor.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

Maybe you are not eating enough. Double that amount on DL/Squat days and tell me how you sleep. [/quote]

I will do that, doctor.

[/quote]

Strangely a little personal story when I am not getting enough calories I have sleep disturbance. So its worth a try, not like you have to eat 8000 kcal all the time, but on heavy DL/Squat days give it a try.

This weekend I can try to eat as much as I can and do deadlifts in the morning.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

I will do that, doctor.

[/quote]

Strangely a little personal story when I am not getting enough calories I have sleep disturbance. So its worth a try, not like you have to eat 8000 kcal all the time, but on heavy DL/Squat days give it a try.[/quote]
AAS?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

I will do that, doctor.

[/quote]

Strangely a little personal story when I am not getting enough calories I have sleep disturbance. So its worth a try, not like you have to eat 8000 kcal all the time, but on heavy DL/Squat days give it a try.[/quote]
AAS?[/quote]

Not clear on that question HG.

If you dont know my history I was 22 years old 5’10" and weighed 305 pounds, was married working 7 14 hour shifts a week to support my child and wife. Anyway through diet and excercise lost 115 pounds.

So I tend to be very funny about food, I tend to eat in short bursts.

Example I will workout in the morning, drink a surge, eat protein and breakfast at 8 and the eat a big lunch. There are times when I will not eat dinner, for various reasons and if I dont I tend to not sleep well. If I am hardcore dieting its even worse.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Interesting list OP.

I will do that, doctor.

[/quote]

AAS?[/quote]

Not clear on that question HG.

If you dont know my history I was 22 years old 5’10" and weighed 305 pounds, was married working 7 14 hour shifts a week to support my child and wife. Anyway through diet and excercise lost 115 pounds.

So I tend to be very funny about food, I tend to eat in short bursts.

Example I will workout in the morning, drink a surge, eat protein and breakfast at 8 and the eat a big lunch. There are times when I will not eat dinner, for various reasons and if I dont I tend to not sleep well. If I am hardcore dieting its even worse. [/quote]
It was just sarcasm, I’m busted.

That is genuinly a “cool story bro”. I like any story where people overcome themselves. The little engine that could was my favorite as a whipper snapper. And my favorite movie in like the last 5 years was The Kings Speech.

No sarcasm.

I weighed 305 too.

Although, I did that on purpose.

Should have probably kept that under 280 at the most back then.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I weighed 305 too.

Should have probably kept that under 280 at the most back then. [/quote]

Lol but Doc I was drinking 6-8 Dr Peppers a day (not diet) for the caffeine and sugar. NOT lifting at all for those 2 years after HS.

When are wearing 52w X 30in levis you literally are wearing special needs pants.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I weighed 305 too.

Lol but Doc I was drinking 6-8 Dr Peppers a day (not diet) for the caffeine and sugar. NOT lifting at all for those 2 years after HS.

When are wearing 52w X 30in levis you literally are wearing special needs pants. [/quote]Holy fuck, dude! You should have entered a before and after contest for some supp company.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I weighed 305 too.

When are wearing 52w X 30in levis you literally are wearing special needs pants. [/quote]Holy fuck, dude! You should have entered a before and after contest for some supp company.
[/quote]

I caught my X wife in multiple affairs with the Navy, my best friend was going into the Army Reserves. I made him a deal when he got back I would weigh 205 and I would get a divorce and him and I could find an apartment. Back in the day this was a few years prior to Muscle Media and Bill Philips contest. So I had lost all that weight and was down to size 34 jeans etc, then that contest came out. I did it of course and got down to like 6% BF at 185 lbs.

But going from 305 to 185 I could have won.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I weighed 305 too.

[/quote]

I caught my X wife in multiple affairs with the Navy, my best friend was going into the Army Reserves. I made him a deal when he got back I would weigh 205 and I would get a divorce and him and I could find an apartment. Back in the day this was a few years prior to Muscle Media and Bill Philips contest. So I had lost all that weight and was down to size 34 jeans etc, then that contest came out. I did it of course and got down to like 6% BF at 185 lbs.

But going from 305 to 185 I could have won. [/quote]
Damn, man. I’m sorry about the first wife. You were in the Navy or you are making a skank joke? Serious question cuz interpretation number two is hilarious if intended.

I have no idea what a Muscle Media or a Bill Phillips is but that is quite a transformation for sure.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I weighed 305 too.

[/quote]

Damn, man. I’m sorry about the first wife. You were in the Navy or you are making a skank joke? Serious question cuz interpretation number two is hilarious if intended.

I have no idea what a Muscle Media or a Bill Phillips is but that is quite a transformation for sure.[/quote]

Was not in the Navy, Naval station Ingleside outside of Corpus, where I graduated HS. So my X was always looking for love and she found a lot of Navy guys.

Fate I would not have found the love of my life and treat her like the princes she is if I had not suffered with my first wife.

Muscle Media was owned by Bill Phillips one of his writers was TC, TNation is a spin off from Muscle Media.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I weighed 305 too.

[/quote]

I have no idea what a Muscle Media or a Bill Phillips is but that is quite a transformation for sure.[/quote]

Was not in the Navy, Naval station Ingleside outside of Corpus, where I graduated HS. So my X was always looking for love and she found a lot of Navy guys.

Fate I would not have found the love of my life and treat her like the princes she is if I had not suffered with my first wife.

Muscle Media was owned by Bill Phillips one of his writers was TC, TNation is a spin off from Muscle Media.[/quote]
Oh, I see. I’ve actually been to ingleside. There is a fantastic mexican lunch buffet on the main drag and Live Oak Park is pretty nice. Also Corey’s in Aransas Pass. I would be a fat bastard too if I lived there.

It’s amazing how experience shapes life. I’ve been learning that lately. Balls are still numero uno, however.

^ Hospital in Aransas Pass I worked at from 18 to 33 years old, also a local Dr there in Aransas was the family practice I worked at for 3 years.

Parked many a time in HS in Live Oak park.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Hospital in Aransas Pass I worked at from 18 to 33 years old, also a local Dr there in Aransas was the family practice I worked at for 3 years.

Parked many a time in HS in Live Oak park.[/quote]
Haha, did you park behind the pond? I saw adults driving off down some of the trails mid-day. They kept looking around like a couple of chickens on the loose first though. I thought about interrupting them for “lolcats”. Didn’t do it.

[quote]big nurse wrote:
Well i was thinking…

That if suddenly overnight the population of the USA and the Uk went health mad and all started walking/running and lifting weights then we would have an immediate health crisis when most of them have MI’s, the ones that don’t will be lined up outside the A&E dept with every orthopaedic problem known to medicine !!.

About 10 years after that then you and me both would be out of a job !!.

Actually we could then be the old farts that sit on the porch reminiscing about the good old days of post pump psychosis, sternal breakdowns and that cute junior doctor !!.

Where the benefits would really be (aside from the approximately £500 milion saved fro our ‘health’ budget would be an older generation that dien’t fall over as much-and when they did that they wouldn’t injure themselves as badly.

Just imagine–actual disease preventive exercise that actually worked and an entirely healthy population !.[/quote]

hahaha I’m far more likely to squat 500 before that ever happens