Health Care Reform in t minus....

approximately 3 1/2 hours. This feels almost as good as Nov. 4, 2008.

No one can understand what you are saying, please remove the presidential ballsack from your mouth.

The passage of the House bill would then invite reconciliation. Reconcilaition will be protracted trench warfare with the public backlash at its back. More CBO scoring will come out. The debate on health care is really just warming up.

At least your precious abortion is out of the bill. Kill’em on your own dime.

God…the older im getting the more I hate people.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
The passage of the House bill would then invite reconciliation. Reconcilaition will be protracted trench warfare with the public backlash at its back. More CBO scoring will come out. The debate on health care is really just warming up.[/quote]

public backlash?

need I again remind you of what the Republican party thinks of public backlash?:

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
approximately 3 1/2 hours. This feels almost as good as Nov. 4, 2008.

[/quote]

Yes it does, I’m excited. Its far from complete and has flaws but its a good start.

[quote]pat wrote:
At least your precious abortion is out of the bill. Kill’em on your own dime.[/quote]

I personally am for retroactive abortions:)

[quote]pat wrote:
At least your precious abortion is out of the bill. Kill’em on your own dime.[/quote]

No, not a word of the Senate bill is being changed. If passed by the House and signed by the President, it is law.

An Executive Order does not supersede law, but rather the other way around.

YAY!!! WE DID IT! THANKS, T-MEN! WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! THANK YOU GWB FOR SAYING MISSION ACCOMPLISHED IN THE SPRING OF 2003! THANK YOU TO REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS REAGAN THROUGH GWB AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR WRECKING OUR ECONOMY! WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU EITHER! NOW WE’RE GONNA PARTY LIKE’S IT 1999!

^has a lot of growing up to do

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
YAY!!! WE DID IT! THANKS, T-MEN! WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! THANK YOU GWB FOR SAYING MISSION ACCOMPLISHED IN THE SPRING OF 2003! THANK YOU TO REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS REAGAN THROUGH GWB AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY FOR WRECKING OUR ECONOMY! WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU EITHER! NOW WE’RE GONNA PARTY LIKE’S IT 1999!

[/quote]
You are in for the most heartbreakingly rude awakening in the history of the human race. So sad.

This is truly a great day for authority-loving Americans.

Incidentally, is anyone who was fundamentally against the bill but thought it would be strategically advantageous for it to pass (so as to destroy the Democratic Party forever, or some such reason) now happy that it passed?

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Incidentally, is anyone who was fundamentally against the bill but thought it would be strategically advantageous for it to pass (so as to destroy the Democratic Party forever, or some such reason) now happy that it passed?[/quote]
Yes. I wasn’t vehemently against all of it, but if I was a Dem or Republican in the House I would have voted no. Anyways, yes, on two counts: 1) I’m tired of hearing about fucking health care, and 2) give this thing a few years and I would love to see the huge backlash against it so those supporting could realize just how fucking wrong they were.

Obama is a fucking idiot.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Incidentally, is anyone who was fundamentally against the bill but thought it would be strategically advantageous for it to pass (so as to destroy the Democratic Party forever, or some such reason) now happy that it passed?[/quote]
No. I said in a post last week, that if they pass it they win. People don’t seem to grasp that once these tyrants have control of every single aspect of their life because how it will be portrayed as effecting their health elections don’t matter anymore. Purely academic waste of time.

Hey Bolt, doesn’t the SCOTUS have original jurisdiction when Idaho sues the fedgov?

mike

Thefederalist, You have no clue as to what you are talking about. The Surge in Iraq worked, and Iraq just elected their first parliament. This “healthcare” issue is nothing more than the means for the government to inject itself into everyday life. There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of Doctors who are planning on leaving their practices. The idea that the government is capable of doing anything well is preposterous.

The government is the largest consumer, and destroyer, of capital and does not produce anything. If you had any clue as to the history and ideals of Classical Liberalism you would, maybe, understand that for a person to utilize their individual liberty they must be free to make their own choices. This bill removes your choice and then places it in the hands of the IRS. This does not appeal to me, and I will not adhere to these laws and am more than willing to go to jail for my freedom.

I wish to be left alone to make my choices and not have my hand held by the nanny state that so many people seem to be cheering for. They do not comprehend that rationing of services is unavoidable and we can not fund this program without increasing taxes, or a Value added national sales tax, and reducing benefits. This bill will essentially eliminate the middle class, and leave us with a political elite, HUGE unions, and an enormous federal government.

The final straw will be when we start hearing about reductions in the defense budget to pay for the ever expanding waist line of our federal programs. Once this happens then the European United States will have fully been realized and we will be more vulnerable than ever and no longer be a global force for anything. It may take 10 years to get there, but the Statist’s goal is just that.

[quote]itisfinished wrote:
Thefederalist, You have no clue as to what you are talking about. The Surge in Iraq worked, and Iraq just elected their first parliament. This “healthcare” issue is nothing more than the means for the government to inject itself into everyday life. There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS, of Doctors who are planning on leaving their practices. The idea that the government is capable of doing anything well is preposterous.

The government is the largest consumer, and destroyer, of capital and does not produce anything. If you had any clue as to the history and ideals of Classical Liberalism you would, maybe, understand that for a person to utilize their individual liberty they must be free to make their own choices. This bill removes your choice and then places it in the hands of the IRS. This does not appeal to me, and I will not adhere to these laws and am more than willing to go to jail for my freedom.

I wish to be left alone to make my choices and not have my hand held by the nanny state that so many people seem to be cheering for. They do not comprehend that rationing of services is unavoidable and we can not fund this program without increasing taxes, or a Value added national sales tax, and reducing benefits. This bill will essentially eliminate the middle class, and leave us with a political elite, HUGE unions, and an enormous federal government.

The final straw will be when we start hearing about reductions in the defense budget to pay for the ever expanding waist line of our federal programs. Once this happens then the European United States will have fully been realized and we will be more vulnerable than ever and no longer be a global force for anything. It may take 10 years to get there, but the Statist’s goal is just that. [/quote]

This would be true if our national debt wasn’t already completely out of control.

Within 10 years our private sector won’t be able to fund gov entitlements and the interest on the debt. Creditors will cut us off, the printing presses will fire up, and on comes massive inflation.

That is when the proverbial shit will hit the fan.