T Nation

Health Advice from Unhealthy People

Warning, slight rant.

Seems like I am always getting health advice from the least healthy of people.

You need to cut out refined sugars - from a smoker

You should eat 6 small meals a day - overweight and

You should drink a ton of water - overweight

you drink too much milk - two overweight guys

you eat too much - overweight guys who are grabbing a piece of pie while at the same time trying to limit calories to under 1500 yet having about 3500 because 2000 of them are sweets due to uncontrolable cravings

/rant

the unhealthier the person the more they seem to know about healthy living.

its like the dumber a person is the higher grades they get, right? wait, what?

That’s what annoys me about doctors and nurses, etc. Overweight and telling people about their problems. No wonder this country has an epidemic of obesity.

I agree… but just kindly point out to them that you have it under control… It’d be nice to point AT them and mention that they’re in no place to be doling out advice though… :slight_smile:

The thing that really gets me is when someone is in a health profession but they are overweight and out of shape.

CRAP I hope I dont fall into this category…Here is a good one, how about a fat nutritionists? Whats up with that!!!

It’s hard to swallow when you get information from those kinds of people. A lot of times it’s like trying to believe a trainer who does not have physically have the results of what he preaches on display. To be objective sometimes with overweight people I find that they are well researched regardless of what they ingest which is a will issue.

Oh I forgot another one.

When I got my life insurance I was again…192lbs. According to BMI I am a nearly obese, yet somehow I wear size 32 pants?

Best part was the fat insurance agent telling me I was going to be charged more because of that and the fat nurse telling me I was nearly obese. When I say fat in this case, I mean 300 lbs., size 46" waist fat…

Yet, the last time I got a physical, I think I was around 189, and the nurse started the scale at 160. I just laughed.

(FWIW I consider myself a fatass but that’s because I am not happy being average. but to get called a fatass by a true fat ass is just mind boggling)

I had to get a physical for school, and the nurse told me I was near morbidly obese for my age (I’m 16 5’11", 208 pounds at 11% bodyfat…) and she was heavier than I was…

Other than the stupid advice, can these people not look? I’m obviously healthy, you can tell that just by looking at me. And they still play the BMI card on me every fucking time.

For years my father-in-law used to get on me about eating medium rare red meat. He later died of lung cancer from years of smoking.

One of the top cardiologists in Philly is a 300 lb chainsmoker. wtf?

Just kill them in their sleep and eat their bodies to dispose of any and all evidence. Make sure you boil the eyes first though.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Just kill them in their sleep and eat their bodies to dispose of any and all evidence. Make sure you boil the eyes first though.[/quote]

To much gristle.

[quote]VibeAlive wrote:
It’d be nice to point AT them and mention that they’re in no place to be doling out advice though… :)[/quote]

This is the correct response.

Hopefully, their shame will prevent them from doing this shit in the future.

Most of you people are far too nice.

Why does it matter who says it? If it’s true, it’s true. They may be hypocrite, but what they say isn’t automatically invalidated just because of the person who said it.

Hitler was a vegetarian and didn’t smoke. It does not mean that vegetarianism and abstaining from smoking is bad.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
Why does it matter who says it? If it’s true, it’s true. They may be hypocrite, but what they say isn’t automatically invalidated just because of the person who said it.

Hitler was a vegetarian and didn’t smoke. It does not mean that vegetarianism and abstaining from smoking is bad. [/quote]

Vegetarianism IS bad.

Very very bad.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

Hitler was a vegetarian and didn’t smoke. It does not mean that vegetarianism and abstaining from smoking is bad.

Vegetarianism IS bad.

Very very bad.[/quote]

x2

Are herbovoires food?

[quote]thr_wedge wrote:
Makavali wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

Vegetarianism IS bad.

Very very bad.

x2

Are herbovoires food? [/quote]

Does a bear shit in the woods?

[quote]stumpy wrote:
thr_wedge wrote:
Makavali wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

Vegetarianism IS bad.

Very very bad.

x2

Are herbovoires food?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

[/quote]

Yes and then the bear eats it