Heal that Hunchback

Should the routines for healing ones kyphosis(?) be done in isolation for a beginner or can they be teamed up with general routine?

In particular i have done a week of heal that hunch back http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459846

and i want to start WS4SB.

Cheers

Whatkind of results do you really think you are going to have after 1 week?

If you have an imbalance like that dedicate yourself to fixing it. Otherwise change your name to Quasi Motto (sp)

Quasimodo, one word. :slight_smile:

what i meant was should i continue doing the heal that hunch back routine in isolation before i start doing a normal program, or can i do both at the same time ?

[quote]lookaplane wrote:
what i meant was should i continue doing the heal that hunch back routine in isolation before i start doing a normal program, or can i do both at the same time ?

[/quote]

No, only one at a time.

A “normal” program will put more stress on your internal rotators, which is not what you want to do at this point.

BTW: The only time that you should get on a “normal program” is once you’ve fixed your posture (assuming it’s as bad as you think it is).

When will that happen? I’m guessing months instead of weeks. And what you do outside the gym is very important as well. Sitting and walking with correct posture is extremely tiring at first.

thanks dude for the advice

I don’t think you have to drop everything for too long, but I’d definitely focus on fixing things until you see some significant progress. After that integrate some of the things you want to do. I’ve had similar problems and what helped the most was soft tissue work. Good luck, I’ve been there and it is hard to stay dedicated on just fixing stuff all the time.