Heads Up

As long as we are being all dental, do you have a toothpaste and toothbrush you recommend?

I want to know what 9 out of 10 bodybuilding dentists recommend.

Can i ask a none dental, yet still medical question?

yes? great thanks

Between 0:39 - 0:46 WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING THE DOCTOR PULLS OUT?

I need to read more about this, whateverthefuck it is.

Thank you

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I just visited the dentist for the first time in over 10 years. They wanted to x-ray my mouth and I told them it’s not necessary, as I have no issues. They were adamant and I finally gave in. And as I had already known, it wasn’t necessary. The dentist and hygienist were both amazed at my awesome teeth and told me I had the mouth of a 15 year old. They were amazed at my gum health and whiteness of my teeth. I told them I’m an obsessive flosser and often rinse with peroxide after brushing 2x per day.

Old Navy has shitty styles for the past 2 years.

I agree I look funny, but I don’t stink… usually.

[/quote]

You rinse with peroxide?

I didn’t know people actually did that. I thought it was a wive’s tale.[/quote]

Wives tales also include brushing your teeth 2x a day and flossing your teeth.[/quote]

Most people I know just use Listerine or a fluoride mouthwash. Who the heck uses peroxide besides ID? Seriously.
[/quote]

Listerine is bullshit. So is fluoride mouthwash. What a sham… a useless market created by the industry. I haven’t even used a fluoride toothpaste in God knows how long.

Peroxide is cheap and effective. Laziness and poor diet/living practices are at the root of poor oral health. The only 2 tiny cavities I’ve ever had were when I was 19 years old… at a time when I wasn’t practicing what I preached here.

Common sense.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

often rinse with peroxide after brushing 2x per day.

[/quote]

My idiot friend with absolutely no qualification to be making statements like this said that practice will mess up the natural ‘fauna’ of your mouthal bacteria.

Or was it flora? I can never remember.[/quote]

Drinking alcohol, smoking, and using any number of dental/oral products on the market could conceivably disrupt natural flora. It’s not like it never rejuvenates with good healthy dietary habits.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Listerine is bullshit.
[/quote]

blasphemy

You heathen, how dare you speak such ill will?

I need to find a dentist here in PA. I had an awesome dentist in Chicago. They were awesome about letting you know when your next check up was and they were really gentle. It was an all women’s practice, which I didn’t know until my friend who recommended them told me. They did say I needed my two veneers replaced…would cost about $1500 each and it’s not covered by insurance…

I love Old Navy. Not people that are old in the Navy…but you know.

Iron dwarf- just straight up peroxide? Do you mix it with water? how long to swish?

sorry, that is all.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Can i ask a none dental, yet still medical question?

yes? great thanks

Between 0:39 - 0:46 WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING THE DOCTOR PULLS OUT?

I need to read more about this, whateverthefuck it is.

Thank you

[/quote]

That would be the lovely bot fly larvae.

One of my worst nightmares…

and how did you find that video? haha… yuck!

edit: I couldn’t finish watching that zit popping video. good lord. D:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
I love Old Navy. Not people that are old in the Navy…but you know.

Iron dwarf- just straight up peroxide? Do you mix it with water? how long to swish?

sorry, that is all. [/quote]

Hey MiMD

Yes, straight up. I pour a cap-ful into my mouth and lightly swish around. Then I let it stay in my mouth until it foams up completely, so that when I spit it out, it’s just a white foam and no clear liquid.

Then I rinse with water.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

But what about that sale at Old Navy???

[/quote]

Why would anyone want to dress like and old sailor, no matter how cheap it can be done, matey?[/quote]

Maybe because their moisture wicking shirts are about the same quality as those sold by Under Armour but with this sale are going for only 7 bucks a piece?

This where I get a lot of my workout gear. Their shorts are decent too.
[/quote]

I ordered a jacket from the the other week for 54.50 then after I got it they promptly lowered the price to 49.50 and put it on sale for 40, shopping fail.

That would be the lovely bot fly larvae.

[/quote]
I’m kinda upset I asked now…

I’m never going outside again.

How in the hell do you get fly larvae in your skin?

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
How in the hell do you get fly larvae in your skin?[/quote]

It’s pretty unnerving how easy it is…

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[/quote]

Okay, then I’m gonna live in a bubble…

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

My brother used to live in Congo and he always had to iron every stitch of clothing that was hung out on a clothesline because flies would lay eggs in the clothes, and the larvae would burrow into your flesh. I’ve heard it’s excruciating.

I heard rinsing with peroxide gives you a hairy tongue (the flora in your mouth get messed up and one grows out of control).

X is the waterpik worth it, or as good as flossing? I ask because some teeth are really really close together and the floss snaps into my gums. Even when I work it between the tight ones very carefully and slowly it still snaps.

Listerine is the shit.

Tartar control Colgate FTW, Aquafresh extreme clean = close second.

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[/quote]

Okay, then I’m gonna live in a bubble…[/quote]

I’ll bring the pepsi. Tell Hungry to grab some pizza on the way home.

I think there is a genetic component to good teeth, every single person in my family (that I can think of or remember) has never had a cavity or tooth problem in general. Of course, that probably goes with everything else.

My ex husband the dentist told me to use Listerine. My current hot dentist told me not to bother. One thing I learned: if you floss first, then brush, right before bed, no bad breath in the morning. Serial. Try it.

sensodyne is the best toothpaste EVA!