95-5
105-3
112.5-3x3

KB swings
50-3x10

ss with

push ups
3x15

I haven’t done push ups in months and months since I’ve been having a shoulder problem. Since I seem to be on the mend, I thought I’d throw some back in. Even just doing 15 was harder than expected.

Followed by a 4km walk.

Week 13 - day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
175-3
200-2x3
220-2x2
190-6

Added my belt on the second set of 220. I used my tighter knee sleeves and that was exciting. Over the weekend we walked close to 30km. The weather was beautiful. The result of all the extra walking was calves that were lit up like crazy. Even the tops of my feet and the fronts of my shins ached. When you pull tighter than normal SBD sleeves over that mess it makes it really exciting. I could have just put my regular ones on but I was determined. We got through squats at record time. It may have been more like cardio.

Bench
45-10
100-4x5

CG T-Bench (found a like to this in another posters log and really like it as an assistance. I also did a bunch of sets of 10 of this on Saturday while I was stripping the paint off a door in the basement)

65-10
75-15
85-10

superset with plate rows
35-20
45-2x20

Then we walked 3 km :smile:

1 Like

Week 13- day 2

Sumo deadlift
135-2x5
225-3
245-1
267.5-1 add belt

BB rows
135-3x8

SSB squat
50-5
140-5
155-3x5

plate raises
25-3x16

superset with

weighted crunches
30-3x12

I also did a plank for time just because. 2 minutes was harder than thought I was was left with a painful charlie horse in my left oblique when I bent over. I get this pretty regularly when I pull off tight knee sleeves. It’s the combination of bending over and pulling away simultaneously. It’s painful af and kind of gross. I can almost feel the muscles bunching and seizing through my skin and reminds me of when I was pregnant and could feel my baby kicking. The baby wasn’t gross but this is. Mostly I get my husband to pull my knee sleeves off in order to avoid it but getting it after a plank was an unpleasant surprise.

Then we went for a 3km walk.

Week 13 - day 3

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
155-4x4

Bench
45-10
95-5
105-2
115-3
95-2x5

Leg raise
3x10

RDL
135-3x20

I’m glad this was a fairly fast and easy day. Good Friday was mostly hours of house cleaning and food prep for tomorrow’s family dinner. I think I over extended on my planned menu and pre-made a bunch of items I’ve never done before. Most of them I’m looking forward to like the goat cheese scalloped potatoes. I bought a 10lb ham and decided to do it in the slow cooker to free up oven space but it was too big for the pot because of the bone. I ended up cutting it into several large chunks that then were forced into the slow cooker. I was still left with one chunk that just wouldn’t wedge in. We had that for dinner tonight. No one will no it’s less than pristine status once it’s all carved up.

We also walked about 7 km between the morning dog walk and the evening one.

Week 14 - day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
165-5
190-3
205-2 add belt
225-2
190-6

Bench
45-10
95-5x5
110-1

I benched a bit on Sunday as well while I folded laundry. It was a few sets at 95.

CG T-Bench
85-3x8

superset with

t bar row
45-10
55-10
65-10

Followed by a 5km walk with the dog while Frank watched the Leafs win game three.

Easter dinner turned out really well but was a crap ton of work. I got a 10lb ham for under $10 at our local grocery store. The have random crazy sales. I did it in the slow cooker. I couldn’t fit it in properly because of the size and had to cut it in chunks and it still couldn’t all go in. Regardless, It turned out nicely. Just about anything in a slow cooker is nice.

Week 14 - day 2

deadlift
135-2x5
205-5x2

BB rows
135-3x8

SSB squat
50-10
125-5x5 I did these with no knee sleeves in deadlift slippers. No sleeves felt really odd, like my knees don’t know what to do.

Band face pulls
3x15

Bar roll outs
3x10

Followed by a 5km dog walk.

I’m thinking about switching to 5/3/1 after this meet. I’ve been looking at the numbers and running it through my head. It doesn’t seem like enough benching or squatting in one week but my numbers haven’t been going anywhere so it’s time to change things up a bit.

Week 14 - day 3

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
155-4x4

I was legless today. Light weights felt harder than they should.

Bench
45-10
97.5-3
105-2
115-2x1 These were both done with commands. I have to remember that there is no start command. I did my own lift off.
95-6 The first rep I tried with a soft hand off. Lift it and immediately start the lift. It was easy at a light weight but I don’t want to switch how I do things. Normally, when waiting for the start command I get tighter, grip tighter and turn on mentally. I think changing to a soft hand off would through me off a bit.

Good mornings
95-3x10

Leg raises
3x10

Followed by a 3km walk. I slowed my pace down quite a bit. I’ve been pushing up the speed and I think that’s what’s frying my legs. With the meet just over a week away, I’m dial ling the walking way back. My weight seems good. I was 131.5 this morning. I just have to stay here.

Week 15 - pre meet deload day 1

Squat
45-10
135-5
165-3x3

Bench
45-10
85-3x3

That is all.

Week 15 - pre meet deload day 2 (Thursday night)

Squat
45-10
140-3x3

Bench
45-10
70-3x3
95-1
110-1

That’s it till the meet.

I registered for the 60kg weight class. I’ve never lifted above 60kg. When I started I was at 56 but often weighed in 54-55. I then consciously moved up to 60. When the new weight classes came in, I was at 63 but light. Then I went between 57 and 63. This is all to say I’m a bit worried about making weight this time. On the bright side, this is my first 24hr weigh in and I’m taking full advantage. I’ll weigh in tomorrow morning and have pizza for dinner.

Meet results

This was my first 24 hour weigh in. I was going to weigh in just before the meet since that’s what I’m used to but because we had nothing pressing on Saturday, I decided to weigh in Saturday morning. Because of that, I could make more of an effort to cut because of the additional recovery time. Friday night I sat in the tub for over and hour and had a few fingers of whiskey before bed. Straight liquor makes me blow of water like crazy.

I was 59.1 Saturday morning and spent all day Saturday eating. It was awesome. We had pizza for dinner. I fully expected to be huge Sunday morning but was a disappointing 60.9kg.

It was a small meet, masters only. It went like this

Squat - They used an ER rack rather than a monolift which was nice because I already had my rack heights from other meets. However, they used a 33mm squat bar which threw me off a bit. It was a first for me.
102.5 good
107.5 no good. This annoyed me. I was coming up with the bar and the spotters suddenly just grabbed it.
107.5 good.

I got over the the incident on the second because it was just an open, fun meet, and I’m pretty sure I couldn’t have gotten 110.

Bench - This was interesting because I was able to have Frank lift me off
50 good
52.5 good
55 - no lift despite really freaking fast press commands

Deadlift
135-good
142.5 - good
150 no lift

150 would have been a PR. I thought I might have gotten it because they used a deadlift bar. However, my back was fried.

I did win a best lifter prize and have my first drug test. The best lifter prize was about $200 in supplements which was a nice surprise. The test was at the end when I had no pee left. I went to the bathroom between every attempt. I sat at the head table and drank water until I could pee again.

Overall, the meet was well run and a lot of fun. The organizers did a great job and did a few things that I liked and may incorporate if I ever decide to run another meet.

Squat - 107.5

Deadlift - 142.5 I took full advantage of not having to wear a t-shirt to deadlift.

2 Likes

Post Meet Recovery Week - day 1

This week will be a lot of playing around with assistance exercises we plan to incorporate into our next cycle.

Step ups
bar-10/side
95-2x10/side

Jump squats
bar-10
65-2x10
I found these very taxing

Bulgarian split squats
bw-3x10/side
I’ll add weight on these when I can balance

Back raises
bw-3x10
We did these on our bench and sat on the back of each others legs

Landmine twists
bar-3x20

A lot of this was seeing what we like and what is logistically feasible in our basement gym given the overhead clearance issues. The ceiling is only 7’ and there is pipes running from the boiler.

Finished with a 3km dog walk.

Post Meet Recovery Week - Day 2

Today was mostly about bench assistance.

Spoto press
45-10
65-3x10

Neck Press
45-10
65-2x10

JM Press
45-10
55-2x10
These felt similar to neck presses. Not the same but a variation

Single arm dumb bell bench
17-3x8/side
I started with 25 but my left shoulder wasn’t loving it. I could feel the decreased mobility on that side in how low I could bring the dumb bell. I think I’ll keep this in but may go even lighter for higher reps.

Fall outs
3x10
I haven’t done these in a long time since our strap broke. I just ended up using a set of ratchet straps I had with my tools. They worked just fine.

I finished with a 5.5km walk with the dog.

Post meet deload - day 3

Zerchers
bar-10
95-3x10

Double paused sumo deadlift
135-3x10

BB hip thrust
135-3x10

Single arm dumbell overhead press
17-3x10

Monday is the start of 5/3/1 and the start of a new log.

1 Like

Great lifting at that meet, well done.

Well, hello there.

Great seeing the vids of your lifting and looking forward to seeing what your training looks like leading up to your next meet.

Thanks. It was fun to try a different federation.

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully the results will be a bit better than the last two. They weren’t terrible but meh kind of covers the results. :slight_smile:

Awesome work!! :heart_eyes:

This is the end of this log. I’m starting a new one to document the results of changing to 5/3/1. The new log is here. I seen you at the bar on Friday night - Ouroboro_s