Headhunter

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
dannyrat wrote:
That’s like saying ‘What does an African look like?’

Agreed. Pretty silly. Here’s an African.[/quote]

Oooooh, FW De Klerk! That picture is practically illegal under the current government in South Africa!

And I heard an interesting quote about white Africans (European descendants born in Africa): Just because a dog is born in a barn, doesn’t make it a horse!

I still like to think of myself as African though.

[quote]Ren wrote:
And I heard an interesting quote about white Africans (European descendants born in Africa): Just because a dog is born in a barn, doesn’t make it a horse!
[/quote]

That’s good! I’m putting that one next to my favorite Tyler Durdenism: “sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!”

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Ren wrote:

That’s good! I’m putting that one next to my favorite Tyler Durdenism: “sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!”

[/quote]

That’s a good one too.

Ren, I don’t know if you have any plans to become naturalized as a U.S. citizen, but if you do, I would pay money to see the looks of confusion and righteous indignation on people’s faces when you tell them, quite correctly, that you are an “African-American.”

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Ren, I don’t know if you have any plans to become naturalized as a U.S. citizen, but if you do, I would pay money to see the looks of confusion and righteous indignation on people’s faces when you tell them, quite correctly, that you are an “African-American.”[/quote]

Yeah, I tried that once, people weren’t too impressed. Funny thing is my black friends think its hilarious, but some white people get very offended.

And yes, I will become naturalized, T-minus 3.5 years!

What you said is true Varqanir- you have knowledge. I know about that ethiopian (‘sioptic’ if i recall correctly) thing. That’s deep but not really anything to do with malcolm.

Just a few things so you can add to that.

Maybe you need to look up ‘archetype’, i know what i mean.

I agree with your point about ethnic diversity under the title of the nation. In North Africa there were ‘arabic’ brown people for a long time (all near the middle-east), so that region had been affected. Ren can be african, or american, or whatever he wants, i have no beef with that. My mistake for using a shit analogy, i just didn’t want to say ‘negro’. I just was making a small ancillary point.

Just because some women don’t have breasts, or wear manly clothes, or are in the army, or whatever, doesn’t mean we don’t generally perceive the archetype of woman as feminine.

And if you know who and what malcolm was, you will know what i mean about disrespect from headhunter.

It’s really up to you what you argue about, but it seems no-one on here actually cares about what malcolm was about, so i’m just going to back off and chill. Explore pluralism as you wish

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
And if you know who and what malcolm was, you will know what i mean about disrespect from headhunter.
[/quote]

Some of us do know what Malcolm represented. It’s just that many of us on here feel that, unless we have some time to kill from boredom, giving Headhunter any attention is just not worth it. He is insane and thrives on creating stupid controversies. That’s why he switched to that avatar. Creating this thread feeds into what he wants.

I admit that I am guilty of feeding the fossil as well. For the most part, it’s because I want to see just how far he will go. On some occasions, it is to see just how much shit he is truly capable of spewing. So far, it appears to be limitless.

*EDIT - Damn it! I fed him again!

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
dannyrat wrote:

Some of us do know what Malcolm represented. It’s just that many of us on here feel that, unless we have some time to kill from boredom, giving Headhunter any attention is just not worth it. He is insane and thrives on creating stupid controversies. That’s why he switched to that avatar. Creating this thread feeds into what he wants.

I admit that I am guilty of feeding the fossil as well. For the most part, it’s because I want to see just how far he will go. On some occasions, it is to see just how much shit he is truly capable of spewing. So far, it appears to be limitless.

*EDIT - Damn it! I fed him again![/quote]

‘Detroit Red’ would beat your ass for saying all this, Al!! :wink:

You guys don’t understand Malcolm at all. You are looking at him as a revolutionary and NOT as a philosopher. What was his philosophy of life, gents?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:
dannyrat wrote:

*EDIT - Damn it! I fed him again!

‘Detroit Red’ would beat your ass for saying all this, Al!! :wink:
[/quote]

What are you rambling about, nutboy? Beat my ass for saying that you are an attention whore? Malcolm believed in speaking the truth and calling things what they are. I would hardly believe he would be offended for me speaking the truth. The truth is, you are an attention whore.

You have no idea if anyone one here understands Malcolm, you just think you know more than you do. (Hint: Reading the “Autobiography of Malcolm X” does not make you an expert.)

However, just for shits and giggles, why don’t you enlighten all of us that you think don’t know about his philosophy of life? I am actually willing to give you a chance to do so, free of wisecracks and insults.

[quote]dannyrat wrote:

Maybe you need to look up ‘archetype’, i know what i mean.

[/quote]

I imagine you know what you think you mean.

However, an archetype is a model or a typical example of something as it actually exists.

A stereotype, on the other hand, is the perceived image of a person, thing, or group. It is usually oversimplified, and as such, not always correct.

The assertion that “Africans have black skin and curly hair” is an example not of an archetype, but of a stereotype, and one that is, in large part, false.

I know why you chose that picture as your avatar, Headhunter. You like the emotion in it. The person in the picture, Malcolm, is secondary but a nice twist. Sure to make somebody irritated.

[quote]ALDurr wrote:

However, just for shits and giggles, why don’t you enlighten all of us that you think don’t know about his philosophy of life? I am actually willing to give you a chance to do so, free of wisecracks and insults.
[/quote]

Malcolm X’s philosophy was simple but beautiful: get off your ass and change the world YOURSELF! He knew that the libs were devestating the black community. He embraced black nationalism. Quit waiting for a hand out! Here’s a great quote:

“MALCOLM X: When the black man in this country awakens, becomes intellectually mature and able to think for himself, you will then see that the only way he will become independent and recognized as a human being on the basis of equality with all other human beings, he has to have what they have and he has to be doing for himself what others are doing for themselves so the first step is to awaken him to this and that is where the religion of Islam makes him morally more able to rise above the evils and the vices of an immoral society and the political, economic, and social philosophy of black nationalism instills within him the racial dignity and the incentive and the confidence that he needs to stand on his own feet and take a stand for himself.”

THAT’S a MAN speaking.

[quote]karva wrote:
I know why you chose that picture as your avatar, Headhunter. You like the emotion in it. The person in the picture, Malcolm, is secondary but a nice twist. Sure to make somebody irritated.[/quote]

Yeah, its a great shot…but I truly do admire this great man! His passion for justice was second-to-none!!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Judaism being a religion, after all, not an ethnicity.
[/quote]

Judaism is a religion, but “Jewishness” or being a Jew is both an ethnic and religious designation. One may be ethnically Jewish while believing in a religion other than Judaism, or no religion at all. One may also be an adherent of Judaism without being ethnically Jewish.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Malcolm X’s philosophy was simple but beautiful: get off your ass and change the world YOURSELF! He knew that the libs were devestating the black community. He embraced black nationalism. Quit waiting for a hand out! Here’s a great quote:

“MALCOLM X: When the black man in this country awakens, becomes intellectually mature and able to think for himself, you will then see that the only way he will become independent and recognized as a human being on the basis of equality with all other human beings, he has to have what they have and he has to be doing for himself what others are doing for themselves so the first step is to awaken him to this and that is where the religion of Islam makes him morally more able to rise above the evils and the vices of an immoral society and the political, economic, and social philosophy of black nationalism instills within him the racial dignity and the incentive and the confidence that he needs to stand on his own feet and take a stand for himself.”

THAT’S a MAN speaking.
[/quote]

I would have given you some credit for at least making the attempt to understand his philosophy, but then you did exactly what I expected you to do. You mixed his message with your own political ideology and hatred. You are now trying to pass that off as something you are about. Truly sad, really.

The liberals and the policies that you have such a hard-on of hate for weren’t even a factor in the black community at the time that Malcolm was alive. Don’t hand me that shit about FDR and the New Deal either. All that crap was geared to benefiting poor whites in this country. Black people were still riding the back of the bus, using separate sub-par facilities and being lynched. Those New Deal policies didn’t do anything for black community during Malcolm’s time. I have WAY too many family members (I am only 1 generation removed from them) that were adults during that time for you to try to argue with me about this either.

You know absolutely NOTHING about the black community, past or present, so you need to stop acting like you are such an expert. You are a 50-something, white male from Ohio that was only about 10-12 years old when Malcolm was killed. You have no clue what things were affecting the black community then, and only a FOX news version of what affects the black community now. Give it a rest.

Had you made a real attempt at explaining his philosophy, free of your own political agenda, I wouldn’t have written the previous paragraphs. But you just could help yourself.

Malcolm did believe in self-reliance, but so does the entire Nation of Islam that you hate so much. That is a core belief in the Nation of Islam. You will never truly understand Malcolm and his philosophy because the very thing that is the core and essence of it is the very thing that you have demonstrated willful ignorance of and hatred, fear, loathing and intolerance towards. It was his deep religious beliefs. His ISLAMIC religion. It was what helped him in prison, sustained him when he first got out and changed him after his pilgrimage to Mecca. He was a Muslim, the very group of people that you have demonstrated on this board to have a problem with.

His pilgrimage to Mecca made him realize that he had to let go of all the hate and accept all people as brothers. Your intense hatred of liberals and other groups that you fear will never allow you to truly understand him. You will just continue to cut-and-paste quotes, mix those with your warped viewpoint and act like a fanboy.

I’m curious, are you really like this? Or is this just some internet persona you like to put on for fun?

Never mind, don’t answer it. In fact, don’t even respond. You, once again, have made a mockery of what could have been a decent discussion.

[quote]ALDurr wrote:

The liberals and the policies that you have such a hard-on of hate for weren’t even a factor in the black community at the time that Malcolm was alive. Don’t hand me that shit about FDR and the New Deal either. All that crap was geared to benefiting poor whites in this country. Black people were still riding the back of the bus, using separate sub-par facilities and being lynched. Those New Deal policies didn’t do anything for black community during Malcolm’s time. I have WAY too many family members (I am only 1 generation removed from them) that were adults during that time for you to try to argue with me about this either.

Ummm…Dems took over Congress in 1954, Al. Kennedy in '61. Malcolm X denounced black libs for trying to cut deals with the white man.

You know absolutely NOTHING about the black community, past or present, so you need to stop acting like you are such an expert. You are a 50-something, white male from Ohio that was only about 10-12 years old when Malcolm was killed. You have no clue what things were affecting the black community then, and only a FOX news version of what affects the black community now. Give it a rest.

Had you made a real attempt at explaining his philosophy, free of your own political agenda, I wouldn’t have written the previous paragraphs. But you just could help yourself.

Malcolm did believe in self-reliance, but so does the entire Nation of Islam that you hate so much. [/quote]

Where in the FLAMING HELL did I say that I hate the Nation of Islam? Al, put the pipe down and point that one out to me.

True, I think that Islam is a destructive religion ultimately, because you have to give up your consciousness to Allah. Why does that mean I hate it? Naming facts is not hate, AL.

You seem to think that objectivity and objective justice are somehow ‘evil’. Questioning someone’s personal life is racist. Criticizing black voters is racist. You have a demented view of reality.

Objectivism is not your enemy Al. Objective reality can be ignored but only at your peril.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

Judaism is a religion, but “Jewishness” or being a Jew is both an ethnic and religious designation. One may be ethnically Jewish while believing in a religion other than Judaism, or no religion at all. One may also be an adherent of Judaism without being ethnically Jewish.[/quote]

Damn it, Neph, can’t a guy skew the facts a little to support his argument anymore? Haha. Yeah, I knew someone was going to call me on that. Mazel tov.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Varqanir wrote:

Judaism is a religion, but “Jewishness” or being a Jew is both an ethnic and religious designation. One may be ethnically Jewish while believing in a religion other than Judaism, or no religion at all. One may also be an adherent of Judaism without being ethnically Jewish.[/quote]

THANK YOU. It’s suprising how so many people don’t get this…

I’m a Jew. But I’m an atheist as well. I feel like I’m part of the Jewish community, though I hold no religious ties to judaism.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ALDurr wrote:

Ummm…Dems took over Congress in 1954, Al. Kennedy in '61. Malcolm X denounced black libs for trying to cut deals with the white man.

Malcolm did believe in self-reliance, but so does the entire Nation of Islam that you hate so much.

Where in the FLAMING HELL did I say that I hate the Nation of Islam? Al, put the pipe down and point that one out to me.

True, I think that Islam is a destructive religion ultimately, because you have to give up your consciousness to Allah. Why does that mean I hate it? Naming facts is not hate, AL.
[/quote]

Want me to paralell what your doing right now?

I don’t hate Christianity. I just think that it’s detestable history and disgusting Bible, which as a Christian one must submit too, make it ultimatly detetable and a terrible force in the universe. Naming the facts is not hate Head.

(Not my thoughts. Strictly a paralell).

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Want me to paralell what your doing right now?

I don’t hate Christianity. I just think that it’s detestable history and disgusting Bible, which as a Christian one must submit too, make it ultimatly detetable and a terrible force in the universe. Naming the facts is not hate Head.

(Not my thoughts. Strictly a paralell).
[/quote]

First, learn to spell.

Next, the basic premise of Islam is ‘surrender of self’. You can’t build a rational society on one where people have given up their rationality.

Christianity no longer does anything like this.

I believe that Malcolm X would have recognized this contradiction between Islam and his goals, and would have kicked it to the curb.