T Nation

Headaches Coming off HOT-ROX

Well the first time I thought my headaches just coincidentally coincided with me stopping my HOT-ROX regimen, but now it’s happened again. I was taking HOT-ROX for 6-8 weeks and when I stopped I started to get headaches whenever my heart rate would go up (running up stairs, carrying boxes at work, lifting, etc), and they lasted for about a week and a half, and are now gone.

Anyone know what could cause this and if the only solution would be to not start taking it again? I was taking the full 2 pills twice a day dose, and had no side effects while actually taking the supp, just when I stopped taking it. Any thoughts?

i two seem to get ill for 3-4 days when i come off them. kinda like withdrawl symtoms.

i was also takeing two a day.

Hmmmm, elevated blood pressure perhaps?

Maybe reduce the dose to 1 cap, 2x a day next time keep tabs on blood pressure during use.

i dont get it when i exercise… just a fly like feeling for 3-4 days after… then im fine.

what frequency were you taking them?

2x2?
3x1?

[quote]stefanmi wrote:
… I was taking the full 2 pills twice a day dose…[/quote]

Same here.

I believe it’s due to the caffeine “withdrawal” when you stop taking them. Plus the fact that some of the other ingredients act as an anti-depressant, and when you stop taking them, you get withdrawal symptoms.

Same thing happens to me…it seems like it’s probably caffeine withdrawal or some such. I only use HRX as a pre-workout stimulant anymore.

Try tapering your dose down over the course of 1-2 weeks to avoid any symptoms attributed to suddenly stopping the product.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
stefanmi wrote:
… I was taking the full 2 pills twice a day dose…

[/quote]

Strike Two.

I guess I need some more sleep.

I’ve had success recently using Rhodiola Rosea when coming off stims (HOT-ROX Extreme).

No headaches or any other negative effects – and I’m someone who’s sensitive to caffeine.

Its good to know i’m not the only one. It could be the caffeine, like several of you said, because I never ever drink coffee or tea, the only caffeine I ever get is from a diet soda and that’s pretty unusual. And never being exposed to caffeine would make me sensitive to it, or so one would assume.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
I’ve had success recently using Rhodiola Rosea when coming off stims (HOT-ROX Extreme).

No headaches or any other negative effects – and I’m someone who’s sensitive to caffeine.[/quote]

wow, never thought of that one.
props.

ditto on the caffeine withdrawal, thats all it is.