Headaches After Workouts?

i am currently taking a few different supplements and i have just recently been experiencing really bad headaches that start getting bad around the same time i finish my workouts and when i wake up in the morning i still have them they just arent as bad.

I have been taking:

~2000mg of Beta-7 3 times per day 6-8 hours apart
~200mg of Rez-V right when i wake up
~3000mg of BCAA’s during my workouts and 1500mg on non workout
days between meals.
~I usually use a serving of Power Drive before my workouts
~And i take a serving of SURGE right after my workouts.
~4 capsules of Flameout right before bed with a Metabolic Drive
Complete shake.
~sometimes Biotest Superfood in the morning with breakfast.

I think it might be the Beta-7 that has been giving me the headaches, but i am not positive, i have been using it for about 6 weeks and the headaches started about 2 weeks ago and they have been getting worse.

If anyone else has had the same problem or might have any ideas as to what would be causing these headaches i would applicate your thoughts.

Thank you!

Why don’t you just ditch the supps for a little while and see what happens? It could also be exertional headaches, I get those on and off.

[quote]Augie122688 wrote:
i am currently taking a few different supplements and i have just recently been experiencing really bad headaches that start getting bad around the same time i finish my workouts and when i wake up in the morning i still have them they just arent as bad.[/quote]

There are 106 possible reasons for headaches. But right off the bat, I vote for dehydration. Especially since you’re noticing it after workouts (during which you most likely sweat, even if you’re drinking between sets) and when you wake up (I’m guessing you don’t drink anything while asleep.) Migraine-type headaches are a common symptom of dehydration, so I’d look there first.

Really though, in the past few (2-3) weeks, have you changed your training, diet, or lifestyle (more stress/classes/working longer hours, etc)?

If you’ve been taking Beta-7 for 6 weeks, and the headaches only started 2 weeks ago, I can all-but-guarantee you that it isn’t the problem.

And with what’s been written above, if dehydration isn’t the cause, back off on the supplements. Use only one for two to three weeks and see what happens. If you’re okay, a

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

There are 106 possible reasons for headaches. But right off the bat, I vote for dehydration. Especially since you’re noticing it after workouts (during which you most likely sweat, even if you’re drinking between sets) and when you wake up (I’m guessing you don’t drink anything while asleep.) Migraine-type headaches are a common symptom of dehydration, so I’d look there first.[/quote]

i dont think it is dehydration, i start my day with a gallon jug of water and thats usually finished off during my workout around 2-3, then i fill it back up again and i usually finish it by the time i go to bed, if not sooner.

i have. classes started 2 weeks ago and i also started a new training program 2 weeks ago. my entire back and neck feels pretty tense from my workouts, so i was going to go for a massage to see if that helped reduce tension.

my guess was that the headaches were either from the sups or the workouts…they feel like the worst tension headaches i have ever had…i was also thinking about taking the fish oil at a different time of the day and dropping the Metabolic Drive Complete right before i go to bed and seeing if taking ZMA would help reduce tension.

The only reason why i suspected the BETA-7 was because i started it 6 weeks ago, and it says that it takes about 4 weeks to fully kick in. so my theory was that now that it is pretty much kicked in i am experiencing side-effects. but i’m thinking now that is probably not the case.

I still vote for dehydration. The supps you are taking require extra water in your system. Be sure you are drinking enough water throughout the entire day. Too much at one time is far less helpful than an even supply.

The headaches match up with you starting classes, something which can be stressful. You say they are tension headaches, and so the classes may also be a mitigating factor.

thanks folks…i’ll post back when i get this figured out