T Nation

Head Throbbing

After a heavy set of dips, my head starting throbbing like it never has before. I took a medication and it calmed. That was yesterday, and I still have an obscure headache and it recently was throbbing again, but it’s calmed now.

What the hell is going on? Could I have an aneurysm or something of that nature? I’m going to get a CAT scan on my head soon.

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
After a heavy set of dips, my head starting throbbing like it never has before. I took a medication and it calmed. That was yesterday, and I still have an obscure headache and it recently was throbbing again, but it’s calmed now.

What the hell is going on? Could I have an aneurysm or something of that nature? I’m going to get a CAT scan on my head soon.[/quote]

A CAT scan because of a headache…really? An aneurysm…really? I’m no doctor, I guess it could be tumor or something, maybe an aneurysm. However, sometimes a lifter doesn’t breathe correctly, or sometimes they might ‘drive’ their head back while lifting. I see guys pushing off the leg-press with their heads all the time. The combination can create one hell of a headache! It does usually occur while working high rep. stuff, but I’ve seen and done it myself a time or two going heavy. Of course how much harm could a CAT scan do?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:

What the hell is going on? Could I have an aneurysm or something of that nature? I’m going to get a CAT scan on my head soon.[/quote]

A CAT scan because of a headache…really? An aneurysm…really? I’m no doctor, I guess it could be tumor or something, maybe an aneurysm. However, sometimes a lifter doesn’t breathe correctly, or sometimes they might ‘drive’ their head back while lifting. I see guys pushing off the leg-press with their heads all the time. The combination can create one hell of a headache! It does usually occur while working high rep. stuff, but I’ve seen and done it myself a time or two going heavy. Of course how much harm could a CAT scan do?
[/quote]

You’re probably right, but you just never know. I’ve never had anything like it before. Might check it out sometime next week.

I’ve had problems as well with a pounding head at the gym when I wasn’t properly hydrated. Make sure you’re getting plenty of water, especially if you drank heavy the night before, had a lot of coffee that morning, etc… And as BlueCollar said, proper breathing can be an issue too.

Casey

[quote]cre8vmynd82 wrote:
I’ve had problems as well with a pounding head at the gym when I wasn’t properly hydrated. Make sure you’re getting plenty of water, especially if you drank heavy the night before, had a lot of coffee that morning, etc… And as BlueCollar said, proper breathing can be an issue too.

Casey[/quote]

That’s a good idea. I haven’t been drinking as much water as I usually am, so I will.