Head Pain During Leg Workout

Hey guys, Yesterday and my leg work out last week I had to stop because of an extreme headache.
I worked up to heavy singles both times, but the pain came to me during high volume leg press. Some people online said it might be from holding my breath. Im not sure if i was being that i was so focused on the lift.

Also, sometimes when i squat heavy i get red marks aroudn my neck and traps, what is that from, should i go see a doctor. thanks for any advice

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Hey guys, Yesterday and my leg work out last week I had to stop because of an extreme headache.
I worked up to heavy singles both times, but the pain came to me during high volume leg press. Some people online said it might be from holding my breath. Im not sure if i was being that i was so focused on the lift.

Also, sometimes when i squat heavy i get red marks aroudn my neck and traps, what is that from, should i go see a doctor. thanks for any advice[/quote]

I had the same problem with leg press, and when I asked in the BOI Maiden said that it might be from pressing my head too hard against the headrest. Incidentally I haven’t leg pressed since, but it might be a point worth considering along with the breathing.

Red marks are probably from the bar being heavy. Headache probably from the blood pressure being raised and lowered quickly after, or possibly your head against/being rattled by the leg press back.