Head of Climate Research Steps Down

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,578486,00.html

The director of the embattled Climatic Research Unit (CRU) in the United Kingdom is stepping down pending an investigation into allegations that he overstated the case for man-made climate change.

In a statement posted to its Web site, the University of East Anglia says Phil Jones will relinquish his position until the completion of an independent review into allegations that he worked to alter the way in which global temperature data was presented.

Professor Jones said, “What is most important is that CRU continues its world leading research with as little interruption and diversion as possible. After a good deal of consideration I have decided that the best way to achieve this is by stepping aside from the Director’s role during the course of the independent review and am grateful to the University for agreeing to this. The Review process will have my full support.”

Details of the independent review will be releasd in the next few days, according to the statement.

Matt Dempsey, spokesman for Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., thinks more is still to come from the scandal coming to be known as Climategate. â??It certainly shows that thereâ??s more to the investigation and thereâ??s more to come, and weâ??re only at the beginning stages of learning about climate-gate," he told FoxNews.com.

Dempsey added that Inhofe plans to request a hearing on the topic formally from Enivornment and Public Works Committee Chairwoman Barbara Boxer in a letter later today.

Jones’s biography page, published on the CRU’s servers, notes his research interest “in instrumental climate change, palæoclimatology, detection of climate change and the extension of riverflow records in the UK using long rainfall records. I am principally known for the time series of hemispheric and global surface temperatures, which I update on a monthly basis. I have numerous research papers over the last 20 years and these are available in the CRU Publications List.”

The controversy spun from a collection of e-mails stolen from the CRU and leaked onto the Internet. The e-mails were seized upon by some skeptics of man-made climate change as proof that scientists are manipulating the data about its extent. And the trustworthiness of the scientific community’s global warming data pool is being called into question as the scandal over doctored data continues to unfold.

The loss of the data prevents other scientists from checking it to determine whether, in fact, there has been a long-term rise in global temperatures during the past century and a half.

“They are making scientific progress more difficult now,” says Willie Soon, a physicist, astronomer and climate researcher at the solar and stellar physics division of the Harvard University-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. “This is a shameful, dark day for science,” he said in an interview with FoxNews.com.

He should resign in disgrace. So should Mann at Penn State. Their scam tarnishes their profession and institutions. If they don’t resign they should be relieved until they can be dismissed.

Finally the hoax is seeing the light of day.

[quote]hedo wrote:
He should resign in disgrace. So should Mann at Penn State. Their scam tarnishes their profession and institutions. If they don’t resign they should be relieved until they can be dismissed.

Finally the hoax is seeing the light of day.[/quote]

It’s obvious they have been set up. If you can’t see that you just don’t care about the planet. You don’t care about mother earth. Gaia, smite these infidels off the face of your beloved surface. I’m telling Captain Planet on you two.

V

LOL! Funny how this is distinctly absent from the liberal media…shocking.

The Daily show is now covering this.

Hey look, CNN the story is big enough that CNN could no longer sweep it under the run, but boy do they try to soften it.

Hippies everywhere are crying in their tofu. Fuck them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/03/researcher-reportedly-threatens-sue-nasa-climate-data/

Uh-oh, is the house of cards going to start collapsing?

Where are all the global warming asshats? I want to see a fight god dammit!

V

Does this mean a mass repeal of all the legislating bullshit they passed?

NOPE.

It just may continue business as usual.

It is a fact that the planet goes through cycles of heating and cooling, and that this particular cycle for unknown reasons is alot hotter than past ones. The sad part is, now everyone is calling it a hoax when it is simply that there isn’t enough evidence to make a decision yet.

Heard this morning that Mann is distancing himself from Jones. Jones will likely do the same. Additionally Hansen, one of the creators of the myth, is possibly the man who leaked the data.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Not for nothing I hear Houston is expecting snow early in the season. Global warming fuck yeah.

This couldn’t have come at a better time either. Just in time for Copenhagen.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Not necessarily. This will quickly blow over. It will be made to be. Too much infrastructure was layed out for this to go silently.

They will be made out to be quacks, dismissed, the institutes will apologize and there will be a flood of new and old “legitimized” data and the agenda will flow as planned. Oh and the public has been asleep for a long long loooonnngggggg time.

EDIT:

Gore was just reported as having canceled the Copenhagen event.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]

Not necessarily. This will quickly blow over. It will be made to be. Too much infrastructure was layed out for this to go silently.

They will be made out to be quacks, dismissed, the institutes will apologize and there will be a flood of new and old “legitimized” data and the agenda will flow as planned. Oh and the public has been asleep for a long long loooonnngggggg time.

EDIT:

Gore was just reported as having canceled the Copenhagen event. [/quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/03/al-gore-cancels-climate-lecture-copenhagen/

hah!

I wonder if he could get his Nobel prize stripped.

Rasmussen reports don’t seem to think the emails have had a large impact on public opinion. I’ll be interested in a repeat of this survey after a little time passes.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Rasmussen reports don’t seem to think the emails have had a large impact on public opinion. I’ll be interested in a repeat of this survey after a little time passes.[/quote]

The society at large has changed so much in America i don;t think anything will happen. After a delay it will be business as usual.

Everybody’s lying about global warming except Dick Cheney. It’s all a big conspiracy.

You know what nobody lied about, though? How we have to invade Iraq to get those stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Now that was worthwhile. Because otherwise, the smoking gun may come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Good work guys, you’re batting one thousand!

[quote]K2000 wrote:
Everybody’s lying about global warming except Dick Cheney. It’s all a big conspiracy.

You know what nobody lied about, though? How we have to invade Iraq to get those stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Now that was worthwhile. Because otherwise, the smoking gun may come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Good work guys, you’re batting one thousand![/quote]

Are you even trying to make a point or are you just doing what you accuse other people of doing?

Those people “enhanced” data.

They deleted the raw data.

Their hockey stick graph rested on flawed statistical methods.

We know all of this from their own emails.

They dragged NYT journalists into it and from what I hear that is quite an influental news paper.

They are one of the key players of the IPCC.

The earth has remained at the same temperature for a decade now.

So your conclusion is that we should implement cap and trade anyway, which would cost trillions of dollars and millions of lifes in the poorest nations and would probably still not work because India, Chinca, Russia and Brazil have more pressing problems?

Get real.