He Should Have Gotten Life!

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
In Saudi Arabia, the father of a victim has the right to step forward during the execution and demand the sword. If he botches the swing repeatedly, the pro will finish the job.
I read in a report about SA’s best known Headsman (they wrote he’s famous for his elegant technique, no kidding) that he’s generally reluctant about this right, cause relatives tend to “make it messy”.

I wonder if they do it on purpose!? [/quote]

Sure.

Did you not read Pat36’s post? Now, imagine if Pat was the father of the little girl…

[quote]Some guys here will probably know that I’m against death penalty for reasons Orion already summed up (too costly, too many mistakes) but I give Saudi Arabia props about the Ceremony.
In my ideal state, where there are no judicial mistakes, the (cheap) death penalty would be exactly this: beheading. [/quote]

Between the guillotine and the chair, I’ll take the former everytime.

I am totally opposed to the death penalty, but in this particular case, I’ll have to agree that it’s the easy way out for that murderous scum.

On a side note, who’s in favor for slashing the tires of the guy’s lawyer?

I’m certainly not. I’ll give him the benefit of doubt until proven guilty. There are a lot of guys who’d break apart easily when interrogated two days nonstop by the police. I know one case particularly, where they needed a scapegoat badly and fetched an acquaintance of mine.

It depends. Decapitating is not easy. In fact, depending on the posture of the convict(which I’m not exactly familiar with), it can be very hard. Executioners were often praised for their skills (or sometimes killed when performing shoddy).
If, for example, you only have three strikes before the master takes things into his own hands, I’d rather try to kill him by slashing his neck.

I imagine that if I’d be full of vengeance and hatred burning inside me, the thought that I merely got to cripple and maul him mindlessly like some mad butcher, while second later an expert would finish “my work” for me would be quite unsatisfying. Of course, I hope that I could control my feelings enough and not revert to the mindless barbarism of torture.