T Nation

He Should Have Gotten Life!

"Jessica Lunsford Killer Sentenced to Die
By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer
3 hours ago

INVERNESS, Fla. - A convicted sex offender was sentenced Friday to death for kidnapping 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford, raping her and burying her alive in his yard.

John Evander Couey looked straight ahead as Circuit Judge Ric Howard told him he should be executed for the 2005 crimes that led to new laws in many states cracking down on convicted sex offenders.

Sheriff’s deputies hustled the handcuffed inmate out of the crowded courtroom."

Where’s the sympathy for this poor misfortunate soul? He had a rough childhood and was teased in school! He was BORN this way, to do this awful thing. There’s no such thing as free will. He can’t be held accountable — its all someone else’s fault!!!

Trolling again?

Dead or alive, as long as he is never in a position to harm anyone else, that is what is important.

I’m certainly not going to shed any tears for this scumbag, that’s for sure.

HH. You are a very strange man…

Still, it’s always nice to see a post where you haven’t advocated burning the nest :wink:

Oh, and absolutely shocking!

[quote]1-packlondoner wrote:
HH. You are a very strange man…

Still, it’s always nice to see a post where you haven’t advocated burning the nest :wink:

Oh, and absolutely shocking![/quote]

We hear so much prattle about how everyone’s a victim, they couldn’t help it when they did whatever, well, let’s be consistent.

This man was forced, forced mind you, to make this little girl crawl into two garbage bags. Then, while she was clutching her little toy dolphin, he shovelled the dirt on top of her. But its not his fault! There’s no free will, no one has any choices.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Trolling again?

Dead or alive, as long as he is never in a position to harm anyone else, that is what is important.

I’m certainly not going to shed any tears for this scumbag, that’s for sure.[/quote]

Not trolling at all, Vroomy. Just looking to see if those who believe in witholding judgment, those who want to stay above the fray and never take a position (who’s that sound like?) are consistent in their beliefs.

Afterall, we all know that there’s no such thing as free will.

Is there anyone that is really opposed to this guy forfeiting his life for this crime?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Where’s the sympathy for this poor misfortunate soul? He had a rough childhood and was teased in school! He was BORN this way, to do this awful thing. There’s no such thing as free will. He can’t be held accountable — its all someone else’s fault!!!
[/quote]
HH, I think you purposely oversimplify to draw out the anti-death penalty nuts like myself.

Is it possible to be just without resorting to taking the life of an other individual?

Let’s not even discuss the possibility of this person’s guilt or innocence based on perceived mental health–let us assume he is guilty by definition.

I don’t think many, if any, violent criminals are mentally stable to begin with–what other reason would someone behave in such brutal ways? It must be because they are evil doers. It certainly is a simpler answer that doesn’t cause us to have to think much. Case closed.

This does not mean we should not hold people responsible for their actions; and indeed we have a responsibility to make sure he or those like him do not commit these crimes more than once.

Now answer this honest question: is this guy “right in the head” or is he and those like him completely normal with just deep rooted perversions? I think we need to keep people like him alive for science–but that is me–wanting to know why.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Is there anyone that is really opposed to this guy forfeiting his life for this crime?

[/quote]

Sure, me.

The death penallty costs more than life time imprisonment and I do not trust government with that kind of power.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
This man was forced, forced mind you, to make this little girl crawl into two garbage bags. Then, while she was clutching her little toy dolphin, he shovelled the dirt on top of her. But its not his fault! There’s no free will, no one has any choices.
[/quote]
Of course it is his fault. Who else’s fault could it be? Even mentally handicapped persons act with “free will” though they may not understand the consequence of their actions–I don’t believe this was the case in this circumstance. Even in the event of external coercion he still is at fault because we have to assume that he knows right from wrong.

This doesn’t mean there aren’t deeper issues at hand than just evil. Do you agree with that?

How about the prisoners using the courts to prolong their lives, protesting the death penalty because it is cruel and unusual punishment? They don’t like it because it may cause them some pain before they go. The suit started because untrained technicians missed a guy’s vein when administering the lethal injection.

How painful can it be? A needle in one arm, the drug paralyzes you. A needle in another, the drug stops your heart. The prisoner is unconscious when he dies. Can’t hurt that much. Not as much as hanging or the electric chair.

If ever a case called for the death penalty it is this one. I’d support the sentence being carried out immediately.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Not trolling at all, Vroomy. Just looking to see if those who believe in witholding judgment, those who want to stay above the fray and never take a position (who’s that sound like?) are consistent in their beliefs.
[/quote]

I think you are busy making up a fictional stance so that you can knock it down.

Does that type of thing qualify as playing with yourself?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
This man was forced, forced mind you, to make this little girl crawl into two garbage bags. Then, while she was clutching her little toy dolphin, he shovelled the dirt on top of her. But its not his fault! There’s no free will, no one has any choices.

Of course it is his fault. Who else’s fault could it be? [/quote]

Society’s. An individual’s actions are completely determined by his societal background and what he ate for dinner the previous night. There is no ‘mind’ or ‘free will’. The judgments you make are determined by others. The ‘mind’ is a myth.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Not trolling at all, Vroomy. Just looking to see if those who believe in witholding judgment, those who want to stay above the fray and never take a position (who’s that sound like?) are consistent in their beliefs.

I think you are busy making up a fictional stance so that you can knock it down.

Does that type of thing qualify as playing with yourself?[/quote]

LOL! Good one…

I’m simply taking the modern and sophisticated stance.

Examples: Gang members in cities that rape and plunder are the real victims, victimized by the evil society that forgot them and only pays people for production and achievement. Homeless people who dropped out of school, use drugs, have baby after baby, deserve all the help we can give them, since our brutal society chooses to not pay someone who has no education and is a crack-whore.

So, the guy who murdered that little girl should be treated as a victim of our sinister society for all the suffering he has done. He deserves our care and understanding — especially if he’s retarded. Retarded people are never responsible for their actions.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
An individual’s actions are completely determined by his societal background and what he ate for dinner the previous night.
[/quote]

Like that one time I ate some really bad oysters and forgot to return my library books…yeah we’ve all been there. It’s just not fair. I still refuse to pay my fines because it is societies fault.

when I look at really good porn and I’m alone im compelled to masturbate, but its not my fault i have no free will my penis tells me what to do =[.

Dumb thread.

Although some of us are opposed to the death penalty, for reasons of both morality and efficiency. I think it should be legal solely for treason (Aldrich Ames and Jonathan Pollard should have gotten the same treatment as the Rosenbergs).

[quote]orion wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Is there anyone that is really opposed to this guy forfeiting his life for this crime?

Sure, me.

The death penallty costs more than life time imprisonment and I do not trust government with that kind of power.

[/quote]

It does? How so and how much so?

LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME. PUT HIM THROUGH EVERYTHING SHE WENT THROUGH THEN KILL HIM AND RECESITATE HIM AND REPEAT THE PROCESS OVER AND OVER.OR IF THEY JUST HANG THESE SICK FUCKS FROM A POLE IT MAY MAKE PEOPLE THINK TWICE.

[quote]billy martin wrote:
LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME. PUT HIM THROUGH EVERYTHING SHE WENT THROUGH THEN KILL HIM AND RECESITATE HIM AND REPEAT THE PROCESS OVER AND OVER.OR IF THEY JUST HANG THESE SICK FUCKS FROM A POLE IT MAY MAKE PEOPLE THINK TWICE.[/quote]

agreed…this sick fuck deserves to be sent to the front of the death row line