He-Man The Movie

[quote]unbending wrote:
I wonder if Markus Ruhl can act?[/quote]

Oh hellz yeah!!!

Or Gunter, since he’s been in BeerFest!

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Nope, never noticed Triple H in the Blade movies. Which one did he play in?
[/quote]

Blade Trinity…

Hmmm Jelena Abbou…nice…that fitness image was the shit.

I’ll say Phil Heath/Toney Freeman as Skeletor…

analog_kid wrote:
IMO, he still isn’t big enough for the roll. You really need a guy that is jacked for this character. Triple H wouldn’t be bad. We need another Arnold.

Well, he’s still bigger than any so-called actors I can think of, and he can act unlike most bb or wrestlers.
[/quote]

Because I am sure that the director of He-Man will have an oscar in mind.

mike

ok so not everyone liked my suggestion of triple h. How about pudinowski?

why not mike o hearn he has actually done some acting and low budget movies

[quote]baretta wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
IMO, he still isn’t big enough for the roll. You really need a guy that is jacked for this character. Triple H wouldn’t be bad. We need another Arnold.

Well, he’s still bigger than any so-called actors I can think of, and he can act unlike most bb or wrestlers.

One thing that contributed to make the first He-Man movie so loosy was Dolph’s acting. And no amount of plot, CGI and supporting crew can outperform a super bad lead role. I don’t have any idea of Triple H’s acting skills, but if they are anything like The Rock, we’re headed to a repeat of the 1987’s flop

Jesus fucking christ, please ban all wrestlers from making movies…ever…period…without exception. Have you seen the shit that was blade trinity with triple fuck nuts in it?

I’d rather watch christian bale from the machinist play He-man that some puffy roid bag with the acting skills of a cabbage doing his “special Move” on the bad guys.[/quote]

Personally, I think the Rock is a pretty damn good actor, who keeps getting absolute shit for roles. He’d do good in this one, he played a gay dude in Be Cool, so we know he can pull off He-Mans (self-described) “fabulous attitude”.

Either way, this movie is probably going to be awful. Unless they do it as a campy throwback to an old cartoon at least. They’re gonna ruin it by trying to take He-Man, a corny cartoon, and make it deep and serious. But hell, if they can do it with Transformers…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Personally, I think the Rock is a pretty damn good actor, who keeps getting absolute shit for roles. He’d do good in this one, he played a gay dude in Be Cool, so we know he can pull off He-Mans (self-described) “fabulous attitude”.[/quote]

Haven’t seen it, but I’ll take your word for it. I just abhorre Scorpion King…

What they did with Transformers remain to be seen. I’m not yet convinced they did a good job with it just by the trailers.

As for the He Man movie, I agree with you. They should do it in the serie’s style if they are to do it at all. Doing it otherwise would be to invite the '87 flop

As for the He Man movie, I agree with you. They should do it in the serie’s style if they are to do it at all. Doing it otherwise would be to invite the '87 flop

[/quote]

I think the 87 film flopped because it was based almost entirely on earth rather than in Eternia. That and the fact that Dolph Lundgren is barely capable of reading his lines, much less showing any emotion/feeling while delivering them.

The producers compounded that problem by casting a fantastic actor (Frank Langella) as Skeletor, which made Lundgren look absolutely pathetic anytime he shared a scene with the primary villian of the piece.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Personally, I think the Rock is a pretty damn good actor, who keeps getting absolute shit for roles. [/quote]

I don’t know if I’d classify him as a damn good actor, but I agree that he is a competent actor. He does a good job with the typical action flick sarcastic tough guy role, and though I thought his performance in ‘Be Cool’ was mediocre at best, at least he had the stones to try something outside of his comfort zone.

He is the only one of the former WWE guys who has shown any promise as an actor.

Here’s how we solve the He-man movie situation:

CGI!!!

Just like they did with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, just make it animated.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/a/c/acb10-motu_nav__cover.jpg

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Here’s how we solve the He-man movie situation:

CGI!!!

Just like they did with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, just make it animated.[/quote]

There were parents when I was a little kid (while limited) complaining that He-Man was overly masculine and his muscularity needed to be toned down for fear of causing little boys to run to drugs. That was one reason the updated cartoon they came out with years later (the one that never caught on) reduced He-Man’s muscularity by nearly 50% making him just barely larger than average.

That is why any attempt at this movie at all will suck today. Can you imagine the uproar if they truly glorified someone with enough muscle to pull it off the right way based on the original series?

Based on Hollywood’s recent movie performance, this is how He-Man will look in the new movie.

I’ll wait for the television release…since I don’t watch tv.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Based on Hollywood’s recent movie performance, this is how He-Man will look in the new movie[/quote]

That dude is a freakin’ monster!!!

He’s got to be juicin’ his ass off.

What about Kevin Levrone? Last I heard he was big into becoming an actor.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
any attempt at this movie at all will suck today[/quote]

Agreed. I may have been <10 years old when I last saw the original, but I liked it!

I also agree with the people who said that Roddy Piper did a fantastic job in “They Live”. One of my favourite movies for a long time.

[quote]xb100 wrote:
What about Kevin Levrone? Last I heard he was big into becoming an actor.[/quote]

The last I heard, he was making a comeback to bodybuilding.

I’m amazed that nobody yet mentioned Jay Cutler.

My vote still goes to Triple H…

[quote]florin wrote:
I’m amazed that nobody yet mentioned Jay Cutler.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually think Jay or Gunter would fill the role (visually) the best. Both are massive, blonde, and Jay even has that big superhero chin.

Unfortunately, unless one of those guys has some serious acting credentials they probably won’t play the part. He-Man’s not like the Hulk, where all he has to do is look physically imposing and go around smashing stuff (although he does do this as well). He would still need to act, even when in character.

There is no one currently in Hollywood who can fill this role. Butler looked fine as Leonidas (a spartan), but there is no way that he could bulk up to He-Man’s size in time for the role. The same is true of Bale, Gosling, etc…etc…etc…

I actually found an article that said the director of this movie wanted Brad Pitt to play the role. GAG. I was actually thinking about posting him on this thread as a joke, and then I found out that it could actually happen. What is the world coming to when directors look at Brad Pitt and think “yeah, he could play He-Man.”

Maybe if Pitt went “on”, got a great nutritionist, and spent a few years in the gym, he might be able to get to a respectable size for the role. But we all know that’s not gonna happen.

I second the statement “we need another Arnold”.

I think we should get Jackass to be He-man.