He-Man The Movie

Not sure if anyone is actually interested in them making this movie but I saw this article and thought I’d share.

Ryan Gosling though? I like the guys acting but come on

Oh yeah. He-Man. Definitely.

“Actor Channing Tatum might be best known to audiences as a shirtless young man, baring his muscular physique for the pages of Abercrombie & Fitch catalogues”

This is rediculous. None of these guys could play He-Man. They all weight a buck-O-5. Except for Steve Austin, and yeah, he’s a bit old for the role.

Maybe Christian Bale could put on an additional 50 lbs from what he was in Batman?

I hate to say it but…Ryan Reynolds?

They’re remaking the He-man movie?

The 80s one wasn’t that bad, and probably will have had much better casting

Maybe they are looking for the actor to play the role of the person who the “prince” is before morphing into He-Man? As I recall the prince was a teenager9young adult) that morphed into He-Man.

This thread has been done. First time around, someone suggested Triple H. I second that.

Hope it’ll make me forget the trash that featured Dolph Lundgren. Didn’t like the movie at all, but looking at their list of potential actors I do have to say although he can’t act if his life depended on it, Dolph Lundgren had the physique for the job.

For what it’s worth, Gerard Butler would be a great cast for He-Man. He has the mass and shreddedness needed, plus he’s a talented actor. If 300 did something, it’s showing the movie industry that “hyoge” isn’t 150 soaking wet with abs showing.

I think the message bears repeating, especially in a serie known for the amount of muscles both good and bad guys sported.

Case in point

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Hope it’ll make me forget the trash that featured Dolph Lundgren. Didn’t like the movie at all, but looking at their list of potential actors I do have to say although he can’t act if his life depended on it, Dolph Lundgren had the physique for the job.

For what it’s worth, Gerard Butler would be a great cast for He-Man. He has the mass and shreddedness needed, plus he’s a talented actor. If 300 did something, it’s showing the movie industry that “hyoge” isn’t 150 soaking wet with abs showing.

I think the message bears repeating, especially in a serie known for the amount of muscles both good and bad guys sported.[/quote]

IMO, he still isn’t big enough for the roll. You really need a guy that is jacked for this character. Triple H wouldn’t be bad. We need another Arnold.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
IMO, he still isn’t big enough for the roll. You really need a guy that is jacked for this character. Triple H wouldn’t be bad. We need another Arnold.

[/quote]

Well, he’s still bigger than any so-called actors I can think of, and he can act unlike most bb or wrestlers.

One thing that contributed to make the first He-Man movie so loosy was Dolph’s acting. And no amount of plot, CGI and supporting crew can outperform a super bad lead role. I don’t have any idea of Triple H’s acting skills, but if they are anything like The Rock, we’re headed to a repeat of the 1987’s flop

analog_kid wrote:

Well, he’s still bigger than any so-called actors I can think of, and he can act unlike most bb or wrestlers.

One thing that contributed to make the first He-Man movie so loosy was Dolph’s acting. And no amount of plot, CGI and supporting crew can outperform a super bad lead role. I don’t have any idea of Triple H’s acting skills, but if they are anything like The Rock, we’re headed to a repeat of the 1987’s flop

[/quote]

Jesus fucking christ, please ban all wrestlers from making movies…ever…period…without exception. Have you seen the shit that was blade trinity with triple fuck nuts in it?

I’d rather watch christian bale from the machinist play He-man that some puffy roid bag with the acting skills of a cabbage doing his “special Move” on the bad guys.

Gunter Schlierkamp! (Or however the hell you spell it…) Absolutely phenomenal in Beerfest! LOL!

[quote]baretta wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Jesus fucking christ, please ban all wrestlers from making movies…ever…period…without exception. Have you seen the shit that was blade trinity with triple fuck nuts in it?

I’d rather watch christian bale from the machinist play He-man that some puffy roid bag with the acting skills of a cabbage doing his “special Move” on the bad guys.[/quote]

Rowdy Roddy Piper was awesome in They Live!

Are you kidding? What about Hulk Hogan, T.I.P??

Thunder In Paradise!!!

Woooo!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
baretta wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

I’d rather watch christian bale from the machinist play He-man that some puffy roid bag with the acting skills of a cabbage doing his “special Move” on the bad guys.

Rowdy Roddy Piper was awesome in They Live![/quote]

I liked “Timmy” re-enacting that role, better.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
baretta wrote:
Zen warrior wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Rowdy Roddy Piper was awesome in They Live![/quote]

Ditto. I love the fight scene from that movie, it just goes on forever!

Oh, and I never saw Triple H in the Blade flick, I guess he sucked?

Now that I think about it, Stone Cold wasn’t bad in the football prison movie with Adam Sandler, not that that is saying much.

Nope, never noticed Triple H in the Blade movies. Which one did he play in?

And so far, I still stand by my recommandation: Gerard Butler his the most qualified actor around. With Bale busy with, and associate with, the Batman franchise, I don’t see anyone else fitting the bill.

Unless they want to make He-Man black, then Micheal Clarke Duncan would be incredible, but he’s a bit too old for that. Still, seeing him in the Master of the Universe movie would lend credit to the movie

On a side note, I’d really like to see Jelena Abbou as Teela. Now that would be something!

Any ideas for a MotU cast? Who’ll be Man-at-arms, king Randor, Skeletor?

Unless they want to make He-Man black, then Micheal Clarke Duncan would be incredible, but he’s a bit too old for that. Still, seeing him in the Master of the Universe movie would lend credit to the movie

On a side note, I’d really like to see Jelena Abbou as Teela. Now that would be something!

Any ideas for a MotU cast? Who’ll be Man-at-arms, king Randor, Skeletor?[/quote]

How about Phil Heath as he-man?

I wonder if Markus Ruhl can act?