HCG with TRT - 200mg Test Cyp

Hey T-Nation,

I’m currently on 200MG of Test Cyp per week, once a week. This will be my 3rd week in. My DOC also prescribed me HCG, Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I also have AI but not taking them unless I show symptoms.

Two questions:

• Should I split my Test shots to twice a week to allow more consistency. Rather than once a week? I figure it will keep things a bit more “even”.
    -I’m 37 and we might want to have another kid. I’m cool with starting HCG but I’m unfamiliar with it and wondering if I can split it into two shots instead of Mon/Wed/Friday. Also, what can I expect from this? Will this further increase my test production? Any warnings from the experienced on here?

Thank you!

Split the dose of test. It’s just best practices to even out the distribution.

As far as HCG goes I love it. Been on trt for 26 months and have used HCG the whole time. Like you I’m 37 and may want more kids. Here is what I notice when I take it (this is entirely subjective and based on my experience; your results may vary):

-increased libido within hours of taking it; I’m already pretty ready to go at a moment’s notice, but HCG turns it up to 11
-increased volume of, um, “stuff” when orgasming
-normal sized testes; downside of having balls that aren’t doing anything is atrophy and HCG helps avoid that

I’m an HCG evangelical, but it’s not for everybody. You’ll have to see how it treats you and make a decision—with your doctor—about whether or not it’s right for you.

Thank you @iron_yuppie.

What is your HCG protocol? EOD? Or Twice a week?

I will split the dose out of my Test as suggested. I was thinking the same and seems to be the normal with most.

Twice a week at 500iu each.

We would really need to see some pre-TRT labs, SHBG being the most important for determining a course of action. If say SHBG were <15, my recommendations would be dramatically different.

If you want to have kids, you could add FSH injections together with the HCG which would increase the chances of getting the wife pregnant.

SHBG is a mystery to me, at least in my particular body. I’ve had numbers as high as mid 30’s and as low as 11, without any changes to my protocol causing it.

PRE TRT Numbers 4 weeks ago

Testosterone, Serum 504 ng/dL 264 - 916
Free Testosterone(Direct) 10.4 pg/mL 8.7 - 25.1 01 LH 3.0 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 01
FSH 3.1 mIU/mL 1.5 - 12.4 01
DHEA-Sulfate 230.9 ug/dL 102.6 - 416.3 01
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 45.8 nmol/L 16.5 - 55.9 01
Estradiol 27.6 pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6 01

Twice weekly would be fine, more frequency would lower estrogen if not feeling your best. If you were to pushing for a Total T 800 I would expect to see estrogen minimum in the 50’s, but the question is will Free T be optimal.

I think it would be best to have Total T in the 800’s and estrogen about 35 which can be achieved on EOD dosing. I believe EOD dosing is the optimal choice to keep testosterone high and estrogen around 35.

Are you referencing HCG EOD or Test EOD? Right now I’m doing Test Cyp on Monday and Thursday. Shifting from once a week. Today was my first HCG dose at 330iu and plan to do Mon/Wed/Friday.

I mean Test and HCG EOD.

As far as my awareness goes, there isn’t really much of a difference in terms of injection frequency beyond twice a week when it comes to HCG.

The late Dr. John Crisler advocated daily HCG shots with daily T shots.

Thank you. For the sake of convenience I’m going to EOD HCG and 2x’s a week Test.

I take 250 iu twice a week measured in units, I have no idea how you could take hcg every day based on how small measurements would be for that. Does Dr Crisler mention any good benefits beyond fertility? Or the benefit of daily shots? For me I just take the lowest dose that is deemed effective each week, since I want to know when I change things around I don’t have to worry about multiple factors.