T Nation

HCG Sodium Chloride - Will it Keep for 2 Weeks?

Got my HCG with sodium chloride (1ml)to mix up. They are 1500IU amps so dosing will be 250IU 3x per week so around 16units on a slin pin per injection.

The problem is 1500IU once mixed up will be enough for 6 injections (2 weeks)

Now I have read so many conflicting stories I have no idea what to believe.

They range from
When mixed with BA it ruins the potency of the HCG
Sodium Chloride is good for weeks and weeks
Sodium chloride is good for about 2 days
HCG must be stored in glass containers ( was thinking of pre filling syringes and having them in the fridge or freezer for that matter)
HCG should not be freezed

etc…

So the question is will I get away with 2 weeks storing the mixed HCG? If syringes are sterile, amps sterile, solvent sterile how can bacteria begin to grow when everything is sterile?

I am not even sure if I can source BA here. I just looked at the disinfectant spray you use instead of swabs. It contains benzododecinium bromide 9.45mg per 1ml, it also contains some lemon scent. I got the crazy idea maybe I could use this instead of the Benzyl Alcohol but I don’t think they are the same substances.

No, no, and no. Mix it all up, fill the syringes, put 'em in the freezer. Takes just a few minutes to thaw sitting out in the open. None of this affects the potency or the shelf life. I (and many others) have test results that prove no difference between fresh and frozen.

Although, I will share a boneheaded move of my own: Ran out of bacteriostatic water so bought some Sterile Water For Injection. Mixed it up and OUCH! This stuff really stings, like a particularly angry wasp. Only later did I google about this effect. First thing I came across was how doulas (mother’s assistant during labor) sometimes inject sterile water in four spots on the woman’s back to distract from THE PAIN OF THE BABY COMING OUT. At least I felt a little better about my level of pain tolerance. 1/4 of passing an actual baby, or something.

[quote]torrential wrote:
No, no, and no. Mix it all up, fill the syringes, put 'em in the freezer. Takes just a few minutes to thaw sitting out in the open. None of this affects the potency or the shelf life. I (and many others) have test results that prove no difference between fresh and frozen.

Although, I will share a boneheaded move of my own: Ran out of bacteriostatic water so bought some Sterile Water For Injection. Mixed it up and OUCH! This stuff really stings, like a particularly angry wasp. Only later did I google about this effect. First thing I came across was how doulas (mother’s assistant during labor) sometimes inject sterile water in four spots on the woman’s back to distract from THE PAIN OF THE BABY COMING OUT. At least I felt a little better about my level of pain tolerance. 1/4 of passing an actual baby, or something.[/quote]

Okay that is positive news, thanks for that. You did mention that you normally use BAC water but I guess if it is frozen it makes no difference whether saline or bac.

Do not freeze, refrigerate. Ice crystallization is thought to damage peptides. But some BB guys think otherwise, which does not mean that they are right.

You can load 16X3 into two syringes. Shoot three times, use an alcohol prep pad to clean the needle, recap and refrigerate.

Because the contents of amps are intended to be reconstituted and the complete contents injected all at once, there is no need for BA water and the drug is not needing a reconstituted storage life.

Never inject anything into your body that is not intended to be an injectable!

Amps are for women who are trying to time egg release for artificial insemination or IVF. Amps are so unsuitable for what you need. You need 5,000 or 10,000 multi dose vials. These should come with BA water.

Add BA water slowly, do not jet water into the vial/amp. Never shake, gently swirl to assist mixing.

Most get 10,000 vials that last 80 days, no issue with that if BA water. You can ignore the expiry information for reconstituted hCG.

You do not want to get reconstituted hCG shipped to you, get it dry.

BA water prevents bacterial growth, sterile or saline solution does not.

BA water is the standard solution for hCG, HGH and other peptides. hCG “kits” come with BA water.

Now you know.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Do not freeze, refrigerate. Ice crystallization is thought to damage peptides. But some BB guys think otherwise, which does not mean that they are right.

You can load 16X3 into two syringes. Shoot three times, use an alcohol prep pad to clean the needle, recap and refrigerate.

Because the contents of amps are intended to be reconstituted and the complete contents injected all at once, there is no need for BA water and the drug is not needing a reconstituted storage life.

Never inject anything into your body that is not intended to be an injectable!

Amps are for women who are trying to time egg release for artificial insemination or IVF. Amps are so unsuitable for what you need. You need 5,000 or 10,000 multi dose vials. These should come with BA water.

Add BA water slowly, do not jet water into the vial/amp. Never shake, gently swirl to assist mixing.

Most get 10,000 vials that last 80 days, no issue with that if BA water. You can ignore the expiry information for reconstituted hCG.

You do not want to get reconstituted hCG shipped to you, get it dry.

BA water prevents bacterial growth, sterile or saline solution does not.

BA water is the standard solution for hCG, HGH and other peptides. hCG “kits” come with BA water.

Now you know.[/quote]

Thanks Ksman for the detailed post. The problem is I was so lucky to even get these and from what I understand I only have options for amps not vials either 1500 or 5000iu.

I will go into the hospital pharmacy to see if they sell BAC water or Benzyl Alcohol so I can make my own. I went into the local pharmacy and they had no idea. Said to try the hospital.

If that fails I will just refrigerate and hope for the best. I assume the worst that can happen is an infection obviously not ideal, I hope I don’t have to deal with it.

As I said I am so lucky to even get these amps I feel like I won the lottery.

What is your opinion on the matter how much of a risk is the 2 weeks?

Risk cannot be quantified. If someone says a low risk, what does that mean if you get an infection.

Infection control:

When you clean the injection side, do not wipe, scrub with the alcohol pad.

If not using BA water, load six syringes and do not load multiple doses as suggested above.

Refrigerate the amps and sterile water, mix with the cold items, load syringes and refrigerate immediately.

Before mixing and loading, wash hands [use bacterial killing soap if you can], wipe the HCG and sterile water containers with an alcohol pad. Do not handle the syringes before or after loading with unwashed hands.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Risk cannot be quantified. If someone says a low risk, what does that mean if you get an infection.

Infection control:

When you clean the injection side, do not wipe, scrub with the alcohol pad.

If not using BA water, load six syringes and do not load multiple doses as suggested above.

Refrigerate the amps and sterile water, mix with the cold items, load syringes and refrigerate immediately.

Before mixing and loading, wash hands [use bacterial killing soap if you can], wipe the HCG and sterile water containers with an alcohol pad. Do not handle the syringes before or after loading with unwashed hands.[/quote]

Awesome post very good for reference.

Well I called a pharmacy which is located inside a hospital. If there was any chance of getting bac water or benzyl alcohol it was here.

The lady I spoke to really had no idea what it is, surprised me a little as a pharmacist I think should know these things. She just kept repeating you cant mix hcg with some home made solution use what is supplied…

I looked on ebay and found a supplier of benzyl alcohol. Bought 50ml it was cheap.

So rather risk an infection even though unlikely I’ll use bac water.

plan on buying some sterile glass containers 50ml. Buy some distilled water or something sterile or make own if need be.

mix the benzyl with sterile water 99ml water 1 ml benzyl and store it or pre fill syringes with 1ml so they are ready to go when needed.

Might just make up bac water on a 3 monthly basis to make sure it is fresh. Apparently the benzyl alcohol should have a shelf life of a year when opened but in real life it is longer. Might just buy the benzyl on a yearly basis.

You can inject some BA into a sterile saline injectable vial. If the BA is industrial grade, that is not good. Typical is 0.9% or .009

Injectables are also highly filtered. The saline injectable will be, the BA?

[quote]KSman wrote:
You can inject some BA into a sterile saline injectable vial. If the BA is industrial grade, that is not good. Typical is 0.9% or .009

Injectables are also highly filtered. The saline injectable will be, the BA?[/quote]

The guy selling it says bodybuilding dissolvent, fragrance preservative.

99.9% pure so I assume it is pure BA. I guess I will buy a filtered needle and draw up the BA like that in case any particles are present.

Would that be the only difference between pharm grade and industrial the filtered process?

I’d hate to not be able to use the BA that I bought.

Not sure what you have. But now you are looking at this carefully.

Okay BA has arrived, bought some sterile water. The plan was to make up 50ml of BAC water.

The only thing now on my mind is that I can’t get any vials with the rubber stopper.

So I just bought some sterile glass containers with a screw on lid. Chemist said once I open it multiple times the sterility is shot.

Basically I wanted to draw out 1ml bac water mix hcg and then draw the hcg into 6 syringes which will be for 2 weeks use. Then repeat.

Will my bac water go off from the opening and closing or is it safe because of the Benzyl Alcohol?

Probably being too anal about this.

What I have been using is:
Hospira Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride water for Injection USP 0.9% 30ml
(This Sterile water Contains the preservative for mixing HCG.) $13.99

The place also stocks sealed Steril vials.

[quote]BrianG8 wrote:
What I have been using is:
Hospira Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride water for Injection USP 0.9% 30ml
(This Sterile water Contains the preservative for mixing HCG.) $13.99

The place also stocks sealed Steril vials.[/quote]

Hey Brian,

that is pretty cool but I just bought some BA to make my own BAC water. 50ml of Benzyl Alcohol only cost me 7 bucks and if it had a shelf life of 100 years it would probably last me that.

I am just wondering if BAC water is open to air when you open and close the bottle will it go off. Or will the BA keep it sterile.

You can just look up a company called mountain side medical. They sell BA water for $3.00 per 10ml via the net…their site says back order until Jan 8th.

Sorry for the ancient bump, but I’m also having the same dilemma in Australia, trying to work out best way of having smaller than 1500iu HCG doses.

OP how did you go with this?

Hi mate,

I just prefil 6 slin syringes and store in alloy foil in fridge.

I bought some benzyl alcohol on internet.

Bought sterile water from chemist those 10ml plastic twist top open ones. I have also sterile 25m glass containers.

So 20ml of sterile water and 0.2ml benzyl alcohol gives you BAC water.

I draw up 1ml of bac water and pop it into the hcg amp. Then draw up .17ml into each slin syringe. Store in alloy foil or alloy foil bag in fridge.

Before each pin i wipe with alcohol pad just to make sure.

Been doing it like this for 4yrs now, no issue.

Mike

Thanks so much for the reply mate! Didn’t think I’d get one!

Thanks for the recipe / instructions. This seems like my most concrete option so far. Curious, did you doc prescribe 250iu twice per week? Mine prescribed 1500iu once every 2 weeks. When I asked about smaller doses he said the reason I can’t is because once mixed, it doesn’t keep.

Any chance you could provide me with a link to where you buy your Benzyl and vials?

I bought my bottles in europe when I was there. But you can get them here too.

I do 250iu m-w-f. Works well and when mixed in bac water it keeps fine!

Just keep it out of light hence the alloy foil or the bag the chemist gives you with the hcg.

I hadblood tests done and the hcg works well no issue mate!

1 Like

Legendary! Sorry if my previous post was confusing, for some reason I wrote “Bag water” instead of benzyl alcohol! Haha

I’m weary about injecting something I’ve bought on the internet. Are there any recommendations for reputable sellers of benzyl alcohol? Perhaps where you get yours from?

I will find out i bought mine from ireland when in europe. Will look and get back to you tomorrow.

1 Like