T Nation

HCG Side Effect: Anxiety/Constant Alertness

Started HCG 250iu x3 per week. Attempting to sort out some sexual side effects I get with even moderate doses of T so I can actually up my dosage of test to a therapeutic level without losing my dick. Also to get my sperm back and my balls to drop back down and stop looking like a 12 year olds.

Anyhoo, I’m 2 pins in and feel like I’ve had 10 cups of coffee. It is unpleasant. In a constant state of worry/alertness sort of way. Will this bullshit subside with time or am I fucked for this treatment option as well?

How can the simple restart of natural ball production cause anxiety?

patience. Let it settle. Protocol changes can be unpleasant.

I read somewhere that HCG can affect the thyroid. Maybe it’s sorta keeping you amped up?

Yessir, I’ll give it a good go. If it hangs on for as long as reasonable.

Christ, that would explain a lot. My thyroid has been borderline hyper my whole life.

I started having similar issues after 2-3 months on HCG after being on T only for about a year. I eventually guess I just got used to the HCG and the issue calmed down. There were times I lowered or skipped a dose of HCG though when I felt anxious already, just to help avoid it. I can’t be 100% sure HCG caused it, but it’s the only thing that changed around the time I started having issues and I had been on the same dose of T for 6+ months at that point I think. I actually had a panic attack from it. I do not recommend repeating my experience.

That’s a wait for sure, you’d think your system would get used to it by the 2 month mark.

I seem to react very quickly to medications. Being wired began the night I started HCG. Not out of the ordinary for me, the day I started TRT was also a noticeable increase in energy within a few hours.

I was thinking maybe since I was on TRT for a year prior and obviously pretty shut down at that point… I always wondered if it took a month or two or whatever before my natural production got going again, which then caused the anxiety issues. I don’t really have another explanation and can’t 100% for sure say it was the HCG, but I went from being super laid back about anything to waking up having full blown panic attacks over nothing

If that is the only change you made to your protocol then it’s mostly likely the HCG. I would give it 30 days and see if things go back to normal. I also started in 250iu 3x weekly, but experienced a lot of acne so I cut it down to 100iu 3x weekly and this cleared my acne. Balls are back to normal and big improvement in sensation during sex. No side affects. HCG is definitely one of those things where you have the find the right dose for yourself.

Good luck

Yes, I’ll push through and see if it lets up. Actually kind of amazing how fast the balls started to come back. Like only a week in.