T Nation

HCG Question

Hey guys, thx for the replies in advance…

I have posted before and I got great information from some of you, thanks!

I’m planning a basic cycle, just T. CYP 12 weeks 500 mg each week, Adex 0.5 EOD and PCT of Nolva 4 weeks 40,40,20,20…

Quick stats, rugby player in my country, 6’0 250lbs, 14-15% bf, never used juice before…

Goals: modest weight gain of 5-10lbs, solid, with minimum water retention (is summer in this part of the world), and most important keep those gains…

I have been researching ALOT about HCG, and kind of confused about it…def want it to help me rcover faster not to have side effects…so my first question would be with this simple cycle, is it still necessary HCG, or will I have the risk of gettig some side effects like gyno.etc…

Second and last question, which would be the best protocol, I’ve read in some forums that is better to take a break of it after 3 or 4 weeks of use and then use until end of cycle right before PCT… 250 IU 2 days a week…or will be better using it since week 3 all the way until end of cycle, before PCT without any break in between…

Thanks!

I think the side effects like gyno you’re seeing in research is from an increase in test production and not directly from hcg. The only really troubling potential side effect of hcg seems to be desensitization of the leydig cells, generally from high doses. If you’re interested in keeping your boys around and recovering better than you don’t need very much, like 250 2xw or e3d. The hcg simulates the LH and FSH that your body will no longer produce when there is a bunch of extra test floating around.

Hcg is nice to have but it’s not a must.

[quote]incredulous wrote:
I think the side effects like gyno you’re seeing in research is from an increase in test production and not directly from hcg. The only really troubling potential side effect of hcg seems to be desensitization of the leydig cells, generally from high doses. If you’re interested in keeping your boys around and recovering better than you don’t need very much, like 250 2xw or e3d. The hcg simulates the LH and FSH that your body will no longer produce when there is a bunch of extra test floating around. [/quote]

Thx for the fast reply…so 250 iu 2xw from week 3 to 12 is good or right before PCT (week 14)? no breaks in between to avoid any risk of the desensitization of the leyding cells?

[quote]muscle_rugby wrote:

[quote]incredulous wrote:
I think the side effects like gyno you’re seeing in research is from an increase in test production and not directly from hcg. The only really troubling potential side effect of hcg seems to be desensitization of the leydig cells, generally from high doses. If you’re interested in keeping your boys around and recovering better than you don’t need very much, like 250 2xw or e3d. The hcg simulates the LH and FSH that your body will no longer produce when there is a bunch of extra test floating around. [/quote]

Thx for the fast reply…so 250 iu 2xw from week 3 to 12 is good or right before PCT (week 14)? no breaks in between to avoid any risk of the desensitization of the leyding cells?[/quote]

Lot of debate where to take Hcg during cycle or blast high amounts towards the end, stopping a few days before PCT starts. It’s more a common to use Hcg Throughout the cycle. I’d use it week 3- 4-5 Days before PCT starts.

Your pituitary will stop sending your balls the “do work” command immediately when you start in on some test (technically your hypothalamus will stop telling your pituitary to tell your balls). People generally say to start NO LATER than the third week if you want to keep your testes active through the cycle. It takes a few weeks for the cells to atrophy but they stop working really quickly. Your best bet is to start as soon as you can. High doses will certainly wake them up, and I’m sure that’s better than nothing, but if you run consistent smaller doses than your balls won’t ever know that your hpta was shut down for three months.

From what I gather, you should stop shortly before pct. Opinions vary here but you basically want no extra junk in your system when you start in on your pct drugs.

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Hcg is nice to have but it’s not a must.[/quote]

As you know, I disagree. It is not a must for SOME (MOST?) people. But running a cycle without it is akin to driving your car around without liability insurance, IMO. You may be a great driver, but you can never expect the unexpected, and if things don’t go the way you planned, you could find yourself facing bankruptcy.

If you are not sure how you react, I would ALWAYS advise to err on the side of caution. Consider the HCG a $40 insurance policy to potentially save yourself a lifetime of medical bills & pain and suffering.

250 iu 2-3x/week, beginning as early as possible and continuing until 4-5 days before you begin PCT.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

As you know, I disagree. It is not a must for SOME (MOST?) people. But running a cycle without it is akin to driving your car around without liability insurance, IMO. You may be a great driver, but you can never expect the unexpected, and if things don’t go the way you planned, you could find yourself facing bankruptcy.

If you are not sure how you react, I would ALWAYS advise to err on the side of caution. Consider the HCG a $40 insurance policy to potentially save yourself a lifetime of medical bills & pain and suffering.

250 iu 2-3x/week, beginning as early as possible and continuing until 4-5 days before you begin PCT.[/quote]

I definitely agree, I’ve cycled with it and without it and now I won’t cycle without it

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:

250 iu 2-3x/week, beginning as early as possible and continuing until 4-5 days before you begin PCT.[/quote]

I definitely agree, I’ve cycled with it and without it and now I won’t cycle without it[/quote]

I must agree too, the hCG gave me a lot of reassurance, it really is a lot like driving with and without insurance, great analogy.

You’re probably not going to need the hcg unless your boys shrink and you want it for aesthetic purposes and/or to help them come back and recover quicker when you PCT. With that said, I think hcg is best (unless you need it for your balls of course) used by people who choose to blast and cruise to stimulate sperm production and help prevent sterility from prolonged gear usage. In regards to ancillaries like arimidex also, stay away from them unless you start getting estrogenic sides, or unless you wanna just stay dry. This is my opinion from experience and also the opinion of many others.

It’s my first cycle with HCG. My balls only shrunk a little on cycle before, but now they’ve remained totally full sized. And when going off, I do see a difference when the balls “come back”. Now that they’re not gone at all, I do expect a much faster recovery, though I’m not there and haven’t done it yet.

Since when going off I do Prisoner’s 50+50mg Mast/Test stasis for 4-6 weeks, than a taper, I do wonder if I should run HCG through the first weeks of the stasis as my balls could shut off even at those small amounts.

Nice bonus too: it seems my balls are more sensitive to the girls taking care of them :slight_smile:

[quote]JLederach wrote:
You’re probably not going to need the hcg unless your boys shrink and you want it for aesthetic purposes and/or to help them come back and recover quicker when you PCT. With that said, I think hcg is best (unless you need it for your balls of course) used by people who choose to blast and cruise to stimulate sperm production and help prevent sterility from prolonged gear usage. In regards to ancillaries like arimidex also, stay away from them unless you start getting estrogenic sides, or unless you wanna just stay dry. This is my opinion from experience and also the opinion of many others.[/quote]

Do you really not experience estrogenic sides any time that you use test? Provided that you are using above a TRT dose of course.

I don’t see how it’s possible to not experience sides when your e2 drastically shoots up.