-describe body and facial hair: Light facial, leg/arm. Normal chest/groin.
-describe where you carry fat and how changed: Face and stomach. Much more concentrated in stomach.
- Current body fat is 28% via Dexa-scan. Much higher over the past few years, despite diet and training regimen not changing. I am fairly strong (500LB DL, 330BP, 450SQT)
-health conditions [history]:
Sleep apnea (DX Jan 2013), treated with CPAP, used to have to take naps, now never do and a significant improvement in daytime wakefulness/energy
Hypothyroidism (DX Jan 2013), treated with T3 mono-therapy at first to resolve RT3 issues, now on mix of T3/T4. Excellent results, no longer cold all the time and improved energy levels.
- Severe fatigue
- Severe muscle loss (lost about 40 lbs of body weight, gained fat)
- Loss of morning erections/ began having ED
- Cold all the time
- Severe anxiety
- Brain fog/focus issues
Symptoms (current Dec 2015)
- Brain fog/focus issues
- No morning erections / low quality of erections
- Lack of sex drive / drive in general
- Trouble losing fat, gaining muscle despite dialled in nutrition and training
- Thinning of outer eyebrows
- Never feel rested upon waking, hardest part of my day is waking up. Once up, I am fine for the rest of the day.
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
- T3 25MCG 2X/day, T4 50MCG 1x/day
- HCG 250 IU SC EOD
- Anastrozole 1/2MG EOD
- Ritalin, only for a few weeks in college, low dose
- Was regularly sick with bronchitis in HS/college and was prescribed antibiotics and steriods on multiple occasions
- No starvation diets in past
- Current diet is 35% Protein / 35% Fat / 30% Carbs
-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]
- 4-5 days a week basic power lifting.
- 2 days a week cardio/cross-fit
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? NO
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
- Regular in early HS
- Stopped in early college (age 18-19)
Temp Charting: (Will report with broader sample soon)
8AM - 97.4
12PM - 97.5
3PM - 98.4
LABS: attached image, also here: http://prntscr.com/9iwa4f
Likely experienced head trauma in HS/college due to football (at least one known concussions), accident with airbag deployment
Hypothyroidism through at least two prior generations in my family
Any loss of peripheral vision or headaches? : No
Regular use of iodized salt
High stress levels over the last four years due to work (work at a tech company, 70 hour weeks are the norm for me)
Currently working with a doctor very knowledgeable in TRT and open to suggested protocols, SC T injections, etc. Different thyroid doc, also fairly knowledgeable and will pretty much prescribe anything I want / any tests requested
Money is no issue, willing to drop as much cash out of pocket as needed, can travel to any area of the country for treatment
Currently working on:
Will be requesting full work up in the next few weeks, including all thyroid labs. Need to confirm that cortisol and RT3 issues are fully resolved. Plan to have blood work and saliva testing completed.
Currently about two months in to HCG mono-therapy, plan is to see if testosterone issues are resolved, if not full HRT is planned.
Summary of journey:
Jan 2010: beginning of severe fatigue, other symptoms. Bloodwork shows low cortisol, thyroid issue, low T, high E. Run around from numerous docs, kept switching until I got one that atleast acknowledged I had a thyroid issue
End 2012: Proper thyroid tests run, find a doctor that is somewhat knowledgeable in thyroid issue, begin T3 monotherapy
Jan 2013: Thyroid issues start being resolved, diagnosed with sleep apnea. Significant improvement in fatigue issues.
Aug 2015: Thyroid issues under control. Still experiencing sex drive/body composition issues, 70% on fatigue issues. Tests show low T levels.
Oct 2015: Begin HCG monotherapy with adex.
Nov 2015: HCG therapy shows testicals still produce, still experiencing erection/sex drive issues. No significant improvement.
Are there any long term benefits to sticking with HCG mono-therapy instead of adding in test as well? If I have to inject for life, would sure love to get into the top of the range.
Biggest concern is fertility (age 27, no children), however I cannot see how adding in test while continuing HCG would put me any more at risk.
Thank you all for everything, especially KSMAN.