HCG Only Came with Sodium Chloride

product is called ZyhCG hp 5k

Came with little vial of powder form 5000 iu hcg
and a 2ml amp of sodium chloride

Do I need the bacteriostatic water? It did not come with it in the box.

I thought it would come with the bact water and I would be able to inject the bottle with the powder in it with the solution and refrigerate it but that vial the powder comes in is small, How many ml’s of solution do you think it can hold?

If it came with 2ml of solution then my guess is that it can hold—wait for it—2ml of solution.

Don’t overthink it my man.

I don’t give advice on here since I’m just another person on a forum. But a point for your consideration, your question is spot on. Congrats.

This product, if the water included only contains sodium chloride, is set up for only single use. For fertility, 5000 IU at a time, no problem. For a guy looking at 500-1000 IU week, you would be using this vial for 5-10 weeks. Drawing out of the same bottle for 5-10 weeks without bacteriostat added to the water is a no-no, especially given the injection practices some guys mention on here.

Again you may want to consider buying a bottle of bacteriostatic water (0.9 % benzyl alcohol) and reconstitute your hCG with that. Now you are following safe best practice. Protect your health.

How long does it last once it’s opened? Hospira recommends that once a vial open you have up to 28 days to use it. After 28 days the vial needs to be discarded. Sterile water for injection without benzyl alcohol added (single-dose vials) should be discarded after one single use. Sterile Water for injection is single-dose sterile water that does not contain any Bacteriostatic, antimicrobial agents, and added buffers.Store: 20° to 25°C (68 to 77°F) Not for use in neonates. See package label for additional warnings and precautions prior to use. Not recommended on neonates because on the toxicity of the preservative benzyl alcohol. Bacteriostatic water.

Also, I’ve never had an issue using a 10,000 IU hCG bottle for up to 4 months. So the 28 day disclaimer has a lot of contingency baked in. Sort of like when you go to your drug store and they repackage your liothyronine and tell you on the bottle that there is a 1 year expiration date when in reality the actual manufacturer bottle has a 3 year expiration date :-).

The single use direction for sterile water preparations I would heed. I understand it’s hard to determine which directions are safety critical vs which ones are designed to increase sales unless you understand the kinetics/action of benzyl alcohol. Happy reading.

Post-script: my link was removed but you get the idea.

There is a medlab supply website that carries bacteriostatic water and sealed sterile 10cc bottles. Really their water is a little pricey but they have the bottles you can dilute into and once you calculate shipping on two separate orders from two different sites trying to pay less for the water it isn’t worth making separate orders. If you decide to make an order then I would only order one water because it does have an expiration and depending on how long between your HCG usages it will probably be a risk not worth taking trying to use the same bottle. However do order a few of the sealed viles because you will need a new one for every cycle that you run HCG. The viles are not to bad only like $1 or close depending on how many you order.