HCG Monotherapy - 30 M

My TRT Doctor has had me on HCG monotherapy.

I started 6’3 250 25% bodyfat 30 years old

After about 6 months of 1000IU of HCG 3x a week along with Arimidex three times a week,1mg EOD, I feel better. More alert, better libido, and an overall better mood. These were all things that I was lacking for quite a bit. My starting T level was around 400 ng/dl and went up to over 1100ng/dl with E went up a bit too, I am not 100% sure of the numbers and I am waiting on my doctor to send over my paperwork once received I will update.

The low down is I feel better, but I am gaining weight I’ve put on about 20lbs. My body composition has stayed roughly the same, but I am getting heavier.

My doctor won’t put me on testosterone because of my age, mostly due to the fact I might want to have kids in the future. I don’t he’s playing the what if game I guess.

My question is what can be done about the weight gain? Are there any performance benefits? I do train quite a bit and so far I can’t say I’ve felt anything, and lastly, is HCG Monotherapy sustainable?

After reading the new guy stickies I am still not so sure. Thanks!

Your age … you are young or old?

Want kids, so assume younger.

If you follow the protocol T+AI+hCG as described in the protocol for injections sticky, your fertility should not be at risk.

Your weight gain can be from low thyroid function and/or elevated estradiol.

Higher doses of hCG can lead to high E2 levels. If you inject T and also inject 250iu hCG SC EOD, your testes will be fine.

See the advice for new guys sticky as well and note the first paragraph there.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your age … you are young or old?

Want kids, so assume younger.

If you follow the protocol T+AI+hCG as described in the protocol for injections sticky, your fertility should not be at risk.

Your weight gain can be from low thyroid function and/or elevated estradiol.

Higher doses of hCG can lead to high E2 levels. If you inject T and also inject 250iu hCG SC EOD, your testes will be fine.

See the advice for new guys sticky as well and note the first paragraph there.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I was tested for thyroid issues but was told it was okay. I now know to ask in what range it was in. I think there is something to it also because I don’t have much of an appitite. When training the hardest part is eating the right amount of good because I’m never hungry, I’ve got to force it.

Check oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.
Your history of using iodized salt is a major factor.

I got my numbers from the doctor and my T levels came down to 678 ng/dl from 1100 ng/dl but my E2 numbers went from a 42 pg/ml to a 22 pg/ml I also lost 8 lbs.

My thyroid is at the higher end of optimal specs so that’s all good, I was also able to verify myself by doing some of the tests in the thyroid sticky. However, I need to up my iodized salt intake to keep it there.

Aside from my T levels dropping everything else seems good. I am slightly concerned about the levels dropping so low so. I am going back to get another test in a couple weeks if nothing changes or it doesn’t go back up he will introduce some test to help.

[quote]yz449f wrote:
I got my numbers from the doctor and my T levels came down to 678 ng/dl from 1100 ng/dl but my E2 numbers went from a 42 pg/ml to a 22 pg/ml I also lost 8 lbs.

My thyroid is at the higher end of optimal specs so that’s all good, I was also able to verify myself by doing some of the tests in the thyroid sticky. However, I need to up my iodized salt intake to keep it there.

Aside from my T levels dropping everything else seems good. I am slightly concerned about the levels dropping so low so. I am going back to get another test in a couple weeks if nothing changes or it doesn’t go back up he will introduce some test to help.[/quote]

Why? 678 is a perfectly healthy number.

Please post thyroid numbers and ranges, not your conclusions.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Please post thyroid numbers and ranges, not your conclusions.[/quote]

2.1 mu/dl

The range that was on the paperwork was what is on the thyroid sticky .05-5

That would be TSH and TSH=2.1 is too high. Should be closer to 1.0

Check oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.
This is the best overall measure of thyroid function.

Your history of using iodized salt is a major factor.

TSH should be nearer to 1.0, the ranges include many with problems.
T3, T4, fT3, fT4 should be mid range or a bit higher.

Please do not ignore these points.