T Nation

HCG Monotherapy 1 Year Later

Thought I would give a short update as it might be useful for someone out there.

Been on HCG monotherapy for a year now and the results are great.

Had blood work done last week at 9am.

Testosterone 42 nmol ( 5 -32)
E2 <50 ( <160)
Free Testosterone 943 pmol (270-864)
SHBG 41 (14-71)
FAI 102.4

I have been taking 250IU 3 per week for a total of 750IU weekly. My Letro dosage was .625mg E4D but I have been missing doses so it is more like I take .625mg 1x per week. Which is okay as E2 is lower than optimal I might even cut out my letro as it seems like managing my E2 on HCG is pretty easy and may not need anything.

I knew my test levels would be good before I got the results. I feel good, libido is good and no muscle weakness that I used to experience.

I don’t think 750iu is an issue with LH desensitization so will continue on this protocol and have blood checks once every 6 months.

So I think in the right circumstance HCG monotherapy can definitely work and work well!

I am wondering if I could get away with 170iu 3x per week for a total of 500iu weekly?

Interesting results…what was your protocol before switching to mono?

Wow, amazing results. I guess that will work with well functioning balls. Curious, what were your numbers prior to any TRT therapy?

My experience with Hcg monotherapy is positive, but confusing. I rotate: one month of Hcg montherapy followed by one month of Androgel monotherapy and back. I’ve been doing this for about seven months now; the confusing bit is that I got stronger results during the first Hcg cycle than in more recent ones.

Briefly:

1ST CYCLE
Hcg: 167 IU/day
AI: Letro 0.875 mg/week
T: 1110 (348 ? 1197)
E2: 31.9 (7.6 ? 42.6)

MOST RECENT CYCLE
Hcg: 333.4 IU/day
AI: Letro 1.3mg/week
T: 1041 (348-1197)
E2: 22.3 (7.6 ? 42.6)

So, double the dose now yields less (not significantly less, but still) T production.

Is it LH desensitization? Unlikely. I’m only on Hcg one month at a time before a full month break, plus half a year ago was the first time I ever touched Hcg.

Is it simply the fact that the gonads reach a limit above which they cannot produce more (in my case, apparently around 1000 T)? I think this is also unlikely. For anyone who has watched Rich Piana’s vids on Hcg, he stops gear completely and takes a truckload of Hcg; he says he never loses size or libido, or otherwise experiences any withdrawal symptoms. So his T level is presumably through the rough, leading me to believe that more Hcg generally doesn’t tap out until it’s really high.

Any thoughts on the above much appreciated.

[quote]catfish74 wrote:
Interesting results…what was your protocol before switching to mono?[/quote]

I did not have any protocol really. Just had positive results from trial runs on Tamoxifen and Clomid. So gave HCG a shot for long term.

[quote]Igs wrote:
Wow, amazing results. I guess that will work with well functioning balls. Curious, what were your numbers prior to any TRT therapy?[/quote]

Prior to starting my HCG protocol I was in the vicinity of 10 - 14nmol on most of my tests. So I was in the so called range but on the low end of the scale.

[quote]NeverAlone wrote:
My experience with Hcg monotherapy is positive, but confusing. I rotate: one month of Hcg montherapy followed by one month of Androgel monotherapy and back. I’ve been doing this for about seven months now; the confusing bit is that I got stronger results during the first Hcg cycle than in more recent ones.

Briefly:

1ST CYCLE
Hcg: 167 IU/day
AI: Letro 0.875 mg/week
T: 1110 (348 ? 1197)
E2: 31.9 (7.6 ? 42.6)

MOST RECENT CYCLE
Hcg: 333.4 IU/day
AI: Letro 1.3mg/week
T: 1041 (348-1197)
E2: 22.3 (7.6 ? 42.6)

So, double the dose now yields less (not significantly less, but still) T production.

Is it LH desensitization? Unlikely. I’m only on Hcg one month at a time before a full month break, plus half a year ago was the first time I ever touched Hcg.

Is it simply the fact that the gonads reach a limit above which they cannot produce more (in my case, apparently around 1000 T)? I think this is also unlikely. For anyone who has watched Rich Piana’s vids on Hcg, he stops gear completely and takes a truckload of Hcg; he says he never loses size or libido, or otherwise experiences any withdrawal symptoms. So his T level is presumably through the rough, leading me to believe that more Hcg generally doesn’t tap out until it’s really high.

Any thoughts on the above much appreciated.[/quote]

Pretty much shows that more is not always better. Your test results look very similar they are only 60 difference which is hardly anything. So you would probably have similar results on 750IU HCG instead of 1200 IU as in your first cycle.

My question is why would you do this? E2 is tougher to control, travel is a pain because you have to keep HCG cooled and results vary with the potency of the HCG. If Androxal EVER gets approved now that would be a different story.

[quote]brentf13 wrote:
My question is why would you do this? E2 is tougher to control, travel is a pain because you have to keep HCG cooled and results vary with the potency of the HCG. If Androxal EVER gets approved now that would be a different story. [/quote]

Not sure I understand? So better to feel miserable than inject sun c 3x a week?

Travel is not an issue do hardly any. If I do just take it when I arrive no big deal. Certainly better than injecting test if it works for me. E2 has been no issue don’t really need an AI.

are you planning on staying on hcg for your entire life?

how are strength and muscle gains in the gym?