HCG - Mono therapy

I’d like to hear experiences of people using HCG mono for extended periods…
From what I have read on here most (who aren’t primary) receive good results for short periods of time.

I was thinking of trying this , but it make’s little sense if it will be affective for a few months only.
I had decent results with Clomid only but couldn’t handle the sides.

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
I’d like to hear experiences of people using HCG mono for extended periods…
From what I have read on here most (who aren’t primary) receive good results for short periods of time.

I was thinking of trying this , but it make’s little sense if it will be affective for a few months only.
I had decent results with Clomid only but couldn’t handle the sides.

[/quote]

I know you followed my Clomid thread for awhile but I also had decent results with clomid but felt like crap.

I’ve since switched to HCG mono and so far so good. Only labs I have are TT of 442 after 2 weeks HCG mono but I thought that was decent considering it had only been 2 weeks.

I know, not long term but I hope for it to be long term.

Thanks Ned…
I just read that , do you plan to start a topic on it ?
How do you feel so far ?

Me , I have tried a restart with clomid and my last pill was Oct 14th…
I feel good cept my LIBIDO is LOW. And I really miss it. I plan on blood work at about 6 months off everything too get a good baseline of not only Test but also things like Thyroid and Adrenal , since while on TEST shots I had less energy than I do now…

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
Thanks Ned…
How do you feel so far ?

I feel good cept my LIBIDO is LOW. And I really miss it. I plan on blood work at about 6 months off everything too get a good baseline of not only Test but also things like Thyroid and Adrenal , since while on TEST shots I had less energy than I do now… [/quote]

I feel Good so far. WAY better than while on clomid and about equal to TRT. I think this will continue to improve as my body gets used to producing itself again. HCG has to be a way better answer than Test if your body is capable since it stimulates other hormones as well.

[quote]Ned wrote:

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
Thanks Ned…
How do you feel so far ?

I feel good cept my LIBIDO is LOW. And I really miss it. I plan on blood work at about 6 months off everything too get a good baseline of not only Test but also things like Thyroid and Adrenal , since while on TEST shots I had less energy than I do now… [/quote]

I feel Good so far. WAY better than while on clomid and about equal to TRT. I think this will continue to improve as my body gets used to producing itself again. HCG has to be a way better answer than Test if your body is capable since it stimulates other hormones as well.[/quote]

What is your protocol ?

[quote]Macmathews wrote:

[quote]Ned wrote:

[quote]Macmathews wrote:
Thanks Ned…
How do you feel so far ?

I feel Good so far. WAY better than while on clomid and about equal to TRT. I think this will continue to improve as my body gets used to producing itself again. HCG has to be a way better answer than Test if your body is capable since it stimulates other hormones as well.[/quote]

What is your protocol ?[/quote]

500IU EOD. The doc prescribed 1500IU EOD but from what I read that is way to much and I didn’t want to have to deal with the intratestical E2 that Ksman always speaks of.

The key is to take just enough to get the desired effect. I had the same levels at 500IU ED and 125IU ED. Getting some blood work done after a month or so at 250IU MWF.

Not a lot of response to this topic…
Dhickey k how long have you been on ?

I just ordered my script for HCG monotherapy from Freedom Fertility. My doc prescribed 3,000 IU three times per week. After I become fertile, I will go back to TRT with a small amount of HCG. I have been on TRT for thirteen years with gels for a little more than eleven of those years. I will be following this thread and will likely share my experience with HCG monotherapy.

There are these problems with high dose hCG:

• many will get high E2 levels from T–>E2 inside the testes that cannot be managed with anastrozole
  • LH receptors can become desensitized … then what?

High dose SERMs have same problems as above.

Nolvadex does the same as clomid, but does not have the nasty side effect that some guys get from clomid.

Do not combine hCG with a SERM.

Try 250iu hCG SC EOD and be patient. That is a ~ replacement dose for normal levels of LH.

[quote]KSman wrote:
There are these problems with high dose hCG:

• many will get high E2 levels from T–>E2 inside the testes that cannot be managed with anastrozole
  • LH receptors can become desensitized … then what? [/quote]

I’ve heard this can happen, but then I’ve also come across guys who did pretty well on high dose HCG for up to a year. I guess I will have to see. It is a concern though.

[quote]KSman wrote:

Try 250iu hCG SC EOD and be patient. That is a ~ replacement dose for normal levels of LH.[/quote]

With TRT? My doc has a friend of mine doing that with one tube of Testim per day. I asked him about TRT plus low dose HCG but he said for fertility and considering when I want to start trying for a kid, August of this year, he said this prescription is the way to go.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

Try 250iu hCG SC EOD and be patient. That is a ~ replacement dose for normal levels of LH.[/quote]

With TRT? My doc has a friend of mine doing that with one tube of Testim per day. I asked him about TRT plus low dose HCG but he said for fertility and considering when I want to start trying for a kid, August of this year, he said this prescription is the way to go. [/quote]

While I cannot be sure what KSman was meaning, Yes he usually recommends 250EOD along with TRT.

hCG will prevent testicular failure and fertility is often good. Clomid and Nolvadex are foreign substances, hCG is a human hormone.

Well guys, I hate to say it but I’ve gotten ED issues while on HCG. This also happened on clomid.

I had a feeling this was happening and the wife was finally home last night and feeling a little frisky. I got the job done…Barely. Took for ever to obtain an erection and it didn’t last.

I just ran to the hospital at lunch and ordered e2 and Free T tests using their self pay option.

I hopefully will have results tomorrow.

Elevated E2?

[quote]KSman wrote:
hCG will prevent testicular failure and fertility is often good. Clomid and Nolvadex are foreign substances, hCG is a human hormone.
[/quote]

…though also a foreign substance to male bodies. Not that it probably matters, but just saying. :slight_smile:

[quote]catfish74 wrote:
Elevated E2?[/quote]

Ill let you know what the blood work tells.

I really dont have the feeling of high e2. I usually feel bloated as shit when E2 starts to creep up. My sleep has been spotty at best though and that also seems to go with high e2 for me.

I will let you fellas know what turns up.

I tried to do HCG monotherapy. I got to the mid-400’s on T(a 50% increase), but E2 started to creep up on me. Even though I was originally thought to be a secondary, that was not strictly the case. 125 mg/ week of Cyp has made all the difference in the world. I still do 600 iu/week of HCG to keep my testes alive, but getting the T is a big deal.

Got a couple labs back today.

Free Testosterone 188 Range:46-244
Estradiol 36 Range 10-44

This is on 500IU HCG EOD monotherapy.

I have more labs scheduled for later this week.

This is the highest Free T value i’ve ever had. Free T on 100mg Test cyp was always in the 120 range.

Thoughts?