T Nation

Hcg-Induced Hypogonadism

So I have low normal t and I was fine prior to using hcg like an idiot for a test boost in the gym thinking it was safer then steroids (go ahead bash me) well I believe I permanently damaged my hpta and made my body lh dependant leading to a low t condition I’ve had labs done prior to hcg my lh was 8 and I had normal t after and when I crashed my lh sits at 2 and I have 400 total t with a free t of 5.5 thing is I only used 250iu every other day for 2 weeks.

Please read the sticky on HPTA restart sticky. Though at only two weeks you may luck out and the body will recover (age is a big factor as well as the short duration of use). Also I would reference FSH over LH for labs as LH has a very short half life and varies greatly. FSH has a longer half life and give a much clearer picture of the action or in action of the pituitary gland. Please read the stickies and then if you still have questions complete the form and reply in this thread and post full labs with ranges. Good Luck and happy reading Sir!

This was 4 months ago so I’m probably fucked im 26 docs told me I’d recover naturally but seem not to be lh ove a 4 month period went as follows 2.9-7.6-2.0 my fsh was tested 2 weeks ago came back at 5.5 I’m having varicocele surgery the. They are gonna try a reset maybe 2 weeks of hcg followed by clomid nolva or clomid by itself I’ll probably throw in aromasin myself because docs are dumb

Considering your dose of HCG is consistent the first step of proposed restart protocols on this forum, I doubt it would shut you down for months, if at all. Maybe indirectly if you increased T which increases conversion to E2, the high E2 feedback could potentially shut you down but cant see it being catastrophic. Also I believe LH and FSH is difficult to get accurate tests on, but I’ll leave it for more experienced people on here to confirm

more info

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

KSman you’ve seen my labs I felt fine tried hcg mono for 2 weeks 250 iu eod and over the past 4 months I’ve felt like shit and my total t is 400 and my free t is low at 5.5 to 8 with 9.6 being the lowest number lh and fsh are there but at the low level lik beteween 2 and 5 maybe i caude desensitization

KSman did you ever read my last post