T Nation

HCG Help with Test E, Anavar 10 Week Cycle

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 180 lbs
Years lifting: 6
Cycles: 2

I know there are a million threads on all of this and Test E, Anavar cycles etc, but I wanted to have a chance to chat with some of the veterans on here and try to get some advice for some particulars. I have been researching for years, I work in the medical field and try to learn as much as I can about this stuff which is why I'm here.

I have previously ran 2 basic Test E cycles at 500mg/wk for 10 weeks with Nolva for PCT, 40/40/20/20. I found that it takes me a minimum of 10-12 weeks to get back full libido and testicular size/function and this time around I want to run HCG. (yes, it's silly that I have not in the past, but hindsight is 20/20) Also, disregard that I only weigh 180 lbs. I have always found that it takes me forever to put on mass and I lose it very quickly, I'm just built to have lean muscle. I do increase the calories as my weight increases etc but just cannot retain mass.

Anyways, the cycle I am looking at doing next is solely for strength purposes and is as follows:

wk 1-10 Test E, 250mg 2x/wk
wk 4-12 HCG
wk 1-6 Anavar, 50mg ED for kick start OR run it wk 5-10 to finish off the cycle (how much will the end result change?)
PCT week 12-16

PCT
I do plan on using Milk Thistle just for the extra precaution with the oral, along with all the bells and whistles like I usually do; Vit C, creatine etc. Keep the cholesterol down, cell volume up etc etc. I also want to run Forma Stanzol with it to help dry up and harden the muscles - I've heard nothing but good and want to try that for 10 weeks, from week week 5-14.

NOLVADEX vs. CLOMID
The question now is Nolvadex as per usual or Clomid? I haven't used Clomid due to the higher reported sides and mood swings, but it works differently than the Nolvadex in the way of kicking the HTPA back into gear. The reason I am debating changing from Nolva to Clomid is because of my long recovery as per usual. However, I will be running HCG this time around, so I should expect to recover much faster as the leydigs will be ready to go, just waiting on the HTPA to kick back in. The regular Nolva dose would be 40/40/20/20, and for Clomid, how many people kick start day 1 with 300mg, then run 50/25/25/25/ or 50/50/25/25/? Total PCT with all extras will be Nolva or Clomid, Forma Stanzol, Milk thistle, Vit C, ZMA, Tribulus, Creatine Mono, Calcium Magnesium.

I apologize for the jumble, I just couldn't think of a better order to put this all in. As for the HCG, the only reason I wanted to keep it until week 4 is because of the long ester on Test E. I am a little paranoid that having full testicular function and running HCG will cause desensitization more so than if I have active Test E for 2 weeks and start HCG while there is minor shut down. There is so much controversy on how to run HCG; is it until 2 weeks prior to the AAS clearing the system or 3 days before? Any help is appreciated guys. I never run a cycle until I have all my ducks in a row.

The greater summary of all of this is, what is the best time to run HCG and Anavar and which may be more suited for me to get function and libido back; Nolva or Clomid?

Thanks in advance! If I'm missing any info, let me know I'll post back ASAP.

the half-life of test-e is only 4.5 days..... for some reason somebody said that it's 10 days, and we all believed that for years. and it makes sense that it's not that long, as most guys use test-e 2-3 times a week. i'll try to dig up the link, but it's out there in actual medical literature...

as far as tamoxifen vs clomiphene.... you be the judge:

Disparate effect of Clomiphene and tamoxifen on pituitary gonadotropin release in vitro

E. Y. Adashi, A. J. Hsueh, T. H. Bambino and S. S. Yen

The direct effects of Clomiphene citrate (Clomid), tamoxifen, and estradiol (E2) on the gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-stimulated release of luteinizing hormone (lh - leutenizing hormone - ) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - ) were studied in cultured anterior pituitary cells obtained from adult ovariectomized rats. Treatment of pituitary cells with Clomid or enclomid (10(-8) M) in vitro for 2 days resulted in a marked sensitization of the gonadotroph to GnRH as reflected by a 6.5-fold decrease in the ED50 of GnRH in terms of lh - leutenizing hormone - release from 2.2 x 10(-9) M in untreated cells to 3.6 x 10(-10) M. Treatment with E2 or Clomid also increased the sensitivity of the gonadotroph to GnRH in terms of FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - release by 4.3- and 3.3-fold respectively. Tamoxifen, a related antiestrogen, comparable to Clomid in terms of its ability to compete with E2 for pituitary estrogen receptors, was without effect on the GnRH-stimulated lh - leutenizing hormone - release at a concentration of 10(-7) M. Furthermore, tamoxifen, unlike Clomid, caused an apparent but not statistically significant inhibition of the sensitizing effect of E2 on the GnRH-stimulated release of lh - leutenizing hormone - . Our findings suggest that Clomid and its Enclomid isomer, unlike tamoxifen, exert a direct estrogenic rather than an antiestrogenic effect on cultured pituitary cells by enhancing the GnRH-stimulated release of gonadotropin.

In Summary: These tests involved infusing patients with 100mcg of GnRH and measuring the output of pituitary lh - leutenizing hormone - in response. The focus of this test is to see how sensitive the pituitary is to Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone. The more sensitive the pituitary, the more lh - leutenizing hormone - will be released. The tests showed that after ten days of treatment with Nolvadex , pituitary sensitivity to GnRH increased slightly compared to pre-treated values. This is contrast to 10 days of treatment with 150mg Clomid, which was shown to consistently DECREASE pituitary sensitivity to GnRH (more lh - leutenizing hormone - was released before treatment). As the study with Nolvadex progresses to 6 weeks, pituitary sensitivity to GnRH was significantly higher than pre-treated or 10-day levels. At this point the same 20mg dosage was also raising testosterone and lh - leutenizing hormone - levels to an average of 183% and 172% of base values, respectively, which again is measurably higher than what was noted 10 days into therapy. Within 10 days of treatment Clomid is already exerting an effect that is causing the pituitary to become slightly desensitized to GnRH, while prolonged use of Nolvadex serves only to increase pituitary sensitivity to this hormone. That is not to say Clomid won't increase testosterone if taken for the same 6 week time period. Quite the opposite is true. But we are, however, noticing an advantage in Nolvadex.

bump