HCG Expiring after 30 Days?

I have been thinking about adding HCG to my TRT treatment, as I hear people say that it can make a big difference in how they feel. My doctor will not prescribe it for me so I was thinking of trying to find it on my own. I have read where some of it is only good for 30 days. If I were to do 250 IU twice a week, that is a 1000 a month. I have seen it in 10,000 IU quantity. Will it stop being effective for what I would be using it for? Any recommendations?

Once you dilute the hCG for injection, it’s probably only good for a month. Keep it refrigerated.

I think you have “how they feel” confused with “how THEY feel”. Your questions should be answered in the stickies. Ask here if there’s anything that is not clear.

[quote]Wilbur01 wrote:
If I were to do 250 IU twice a week, that is a 1000 a month. [/quote]

o rly? The months must be shorter up there in Minnesota

o rly? The months must be shorter up there in Minnesota[/quote]

I guess they must be. Or 5 months of TRT has made me more in a daze than before I started. I try to read as much as I can about the process, I have found a lot of good information on here. Itâ??s just not working so great for me. So it would be 2000IU a month last 30 days. So order 2 1000IU vials a month. I was just hoping to keep the cost down by getting a 10,000IU vial.

A lot of people use it longer than 30 days, but I probably wouldn’t keep it longer than 60…I guess you could experiment with bloodwork to determine its effectiveness.

It is very expensive drug though–that is why I havent started using it with my insurance dicking around on me. Personally, I do fine without it. But I was primary not secondary, and just have one testicle, so maybe I don’t need/can’t have as much testicular output regardless.

HCG has an undeniable and readily observed effect on me, from libido to vascularity. In other words, I know when it’s working. I was dutifully throwing away the remainder at the end of thirty days… until the price kept rising. For about a half a year now, I have injected twice weekly from one 10,000 I.U. vial over a seven week period with no change in observable benefits or side effects.

The label stuck on my hCG by my pharmacist, who reconstitutes it right before I pick it up, says to discard it after 30 days, but the manufacturer’s box says “Refrigerate after reconstitution and use within 60 days.” So I follow the manufacturer’s recommendation and buy it every two months rather than every month. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be inclined to stick with a physician who isn’t willing to consider all possible relevant aspects of treatment. It took a little searching for me to find a doctor who was willing to include hCG and/or an aromatase inhibitor (as appropriate) in TRT, and I did encounter more than one doctor en route who declared that hCG was only called for in young men who wanted to retain fertility (apparently in ignorance of the fact that properly functioning testes contribute to more than just fertility), but I was successful. I suggest that you do a bit more searching yourself to find a better-educated doctor. Good luck!

[quote]Plowman wrote:
HCG has an undeniable and readily observed effect on me, from libido to vascularity. In other words, I know when it’s working. I was dutifully throwing away the remainder at the end of thirty days… until the price kept rising. For about a half a year now, I have injected twice weekly from one 10,000 I.U. vial over a seven week period with no change in observable benefits or side effects. [/quote]

Good post here…I’d actually like to capture it for others to see…anyway you would mind to go through the stickeys (maybe the protocol stickey) and post this in there for the benefit of others in the future? This questions gets asked a lot and will probably be more prominent as the price of hcg goes up and the availability goes down.

I have read on a few forums about people using HCG past its expiration date and it still working for them. I have also read about people using a pregnancy test to determine if it is still good. Do insurance companies cover HCG for TRT? I know that they are all different, but trying to get an idea. I would really like to give it a try to see if it helps me feel any better.

My doctor is open to an AI, which at this point I am not sure if I should start with an E2 of 29 (10-42) and TT 351 (240-950). Maybe with more convincing she will go for HCG. She seems pretty open to new ideas, but I am not sure. Finding a good TRT doctor is really hard. I spent a long time looking for one here in Minneapolis, and my currant one is much better than my family doctor who started me on 100mg Depot Testosterone once a month.
Anyone know about feeling really sick the day after a injection of Depot Test?