HCG Dosage - Too High?

I have been diagnosed with low Testosterone.

I have been taking HCG in a cycle of 1000 IU two times a week. I inject myself subcutaneously (not intramuscular). An HCG cycle of 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off of the HCG. Is this too high/frequent?

My doctor doesn’t seem to be an expert and I’m nervous this is too high.

He also wants me to take 25 mg DHEA daily and 25 mg pregnenolone daily.

I’m pretty nervous and don’t want to screw up my body permanently.

Please help.

At least he’s not just giving you T twice a month and hoping you’ll go away. Maybe you’re secondary, and can put those nuggets to work?

Keep us informed how this is working, I’d like to see what your tests say after eight weeks.

[quote]chiguy1982 wrote:

I have been taking HCG in a cycle of 1000 IU two times a week. I inject myself subcutaneously (not intramuscular). An HCG cycle of 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off of the HCG. Is this too high/frequent?

Please help.[/quote]

Taken from THE CRISLER HCG PROTOCOL

It is important that no more than 500IU of HCG be administered on any given day. There is only just so much stimulation possible, and exceeding that not only is wasteful, doing so has important negative consequences. Higher doses overly stimulate testicular aromatase, which inappropriately raises estrogen levels, and brings on the detrimental effects of same. It also causes Leydig cell desentization to LH, and we are therefore inducing primary hypogonadism while perhaps treating secondary hypogonadism. 250IU QD is an effective, and safe, dose. After all, we are merely replacing that which is lost to inhibition.

[quote]GFA wrote:

[quote]chiguy1982 wrote:

Please help.[/quote]

Taken from THE CRISLER HCG PROTOCOL

It is important that no more than 500IU of HCG be administered on any given day. There is only just so much stimulation possible, and exceeding that not only is wasteful, doing so has important negative consequences. Higher doses overly stimulate testicular aromatase, which inappropriately raises estrogen levels, and brings on the detrimental effects of same. It also causes Leydig cell desentization to LH, and we are therefore inducing primary hypogonadism while perhaps treating secondary hypogonadism. 250IU QD is an effective, and safe, dose. After all, we are merely replacing that which is lost to inhibition.[/quote]

Thanks a lot, that was interesting and useful. Anyone else have any ideas?

Crisler’s HCG protocol is not relevant here as that is his protocol as an adjunct to TRT. OP is not on TRT, so same conclusions should not be reached.

OP: 1000 iu is a high dose. Not a good dose to take. 250 iu or so 2-3x per week is a replacement dose and considerably lowers the risk of desensitizing your leydig cells.

No need to cycle off it every few weeks (why would you do this in the first place?). Just take a normal dose and cruise with it.

Discuss all this with your dcotor.