T Nation

HCG Dosage to Restart Natural Test 2 Years After TRT?

I’m sorry if this has been discussed before but I can’t find a clear answer . I’m 33 and suffering from bad side effects of low t from prior steroid use… I only did one cycle in my 20s but it was enough to give me testicular atrophy and soreness of breast. I started to see a doctor and was put on test injections but I had a lot of side effects mostly eromitization. I was on t injections for about 2 years before stopping completely after being in a car accident and not able to pay for my visits. So here’s my question, I want to restart my own natural productions and if possible restore testicular size . I haven’t been on any testosterone for about 2 years. I have begun hcg injections but I’m being guided to 150iu every other day. For someone who has been shut down for as long as me is this enough hcg? And also what to do about estrogen conversion while on just hcg. I don’t have any labs right now but I know my body and I’m aware my t
Levels r pretty low… I lack energy and focus mostly… thank u for any help

Hcg will not restart you in the way you want. It will get you testes producing LH, which is certainly important. But you need a SERM to get your system back up and running. Tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex) is your safest bet. You will need blood work throughout the process. Get it done now, then a few weeks after you’ve completed the course of Nolva. That’s probably your best shot.

I agree with iron_yuppie in giving Nolvadex a try for a restart but I don’t think you will get any higher than whatever your natural production is now.
HCG does not get your testes producing LH. HCG acts like LH which is produced in the pituitary gland. It is the hormone that stimulates your balls into making T.
side fact: FSH is the hormone that stimulates sperm it is also producted in the pituitary gland.
hth