T Nation

HCG, Blood Work, New Doctor

(KSMAN) or anyone else…I been on TRT for about 8 yrs, and I have no real benefit to brag about. I finally fired my ENDO DR. and going to my local Mens Health clinic. right now my ENDO DR has me on 200mg every weeks ( he says because my hematocrit and hemoglobin levels are high…he had me not inject for 1 month and at last blood work they were high normal…but I am on nothing else, just test. I have read so many articles, stories and claims about adding HCG. most like to go along with the program so u dont know who to trust, but most swear by it, ive read its not the big deal…I am not having any more kids…so I am looking for honest solid proof that when someone was not on it,then started and it made a difference…I have no libido…only morning wood the next 1-3 days after inject and sometimes rerally have to force the erection… ( I do 100mg a week, not what he said to do) also, I have access to any blood work I want, which would u recommend,KSMAN NOT SURE IF THERE IS A STICKY FOR THAT? Thanks guys…

Im guessing that is to be found in here

Blood donations will take care of high hematocrit levels. It is a common problem easily dealt with. HCG is pretty good stuff. Small balls don’t always hurt but they can. But you do not need to worry about that if you do not want to. But most of us like the effects of HCG. But not all of us. Best to read the stickies.

Posting your blood test results would help a lot

small balls not a problem…but I would like to know some of the real world NO bs about results of using HCG…I have a general idea what to have tested, I can have anything I ask for tested any day I ask…so I want to post them then go from there now that I am with my states top DR for this…thank u for the reply…

I have never not used HCG. So I cant give you a comparison. But yes It seems to work as I have had zero negative effect from Testosterone. My testicles seem to be working normally and have not changed in size.

Maybe someone here can give you a before and after. Or you can just not use it and wait to see if you get side effects. Then start using it. I have read research that shows that your testicles recover quickly from being shut down when you start using HCG. In that study, if I remember right, 100% of the test subjects recovered within 90 days

basically my test was 198…I get it to about 400 or so and I feel no real difference other than gained weight lol people claim HCG is the holly grail…lol maybe I need it.because normally my blood work comes back normal…

Your labs ranges might be different, but with mine, 400 is far from optimal, I feel ok at 550, but not really strong until I am running over 800. High end normal is about 1100. HCG can raise your T levels a bit, but it looks like you are simply not getting a high enough dose of T. That is a rather low dose

My advice is to start giving regular blood donations to keep your hematocrit levels normal. Increase your testosterone injections substantially and add twice weekly 250mg injections of HCG

My new DR said he has no problem keeping me in the 800 range. Right now I am not allowed to donate blood,I forgot way but my Endo dr said something was to high to donate…

Anyone?? BUMP

You could get your dr to give you a script to donate blood, they’ll just throw it away after. Blood letting…

As for HCG, I’m going to a new doctor the first of next month. I’m going to see about getting on TRT (legally) and I’ll be asking for hCG and AI. Mostly because the mood enhancement, cognition, and memory benefits.

I’ll update as soon as I can. Sorry I’m not help right now.

If hematocrit [HTC] is too high, you cannot donate your abnormal blood.
HTC may improve with lower T.

So you only get TT=400 on 200mg/week?

This whole thread does not have much value if you cannot post E2 lab results.

Many report improved mood with hCG. But that does not matter, only way to find out how you respond to it is to try it. If it does not float your boat, you can simply stop after one vial.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin ever been tested?
CBC
hematocrit

• if body temps are low
  • TSH
  • fT3
  • fT4

How many times have you been KO’d

Self inject 50mg T twice a week, or higher as needed
Take anastrozole 1mg/100mg T at time of injection, 0.5mg for above dose
250iu hCG SC EOD
We have had conversations re anastrozole before?

Back to thyroid which has a large impact on energy, mood and libido. See last paragraph in this post.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I will post all blood work…I inject 100mg a week…DR wants me to do 200 every 3 weeks. Did u ask how many times I’ve been knocked out?

As mwhities said you can get a script to have the blood drawn then not used.

Definitely post you blood test results

I was under the impression that you were a fighter or MMA.

No problem, I don’t get asked that much lol between amateurs and pro I have had 105 fights, never stopped ,dropped, or knocked out, but I have had 3 concessions…1 from boxing (headbutt) and cut 4 times around my eyes, retired now. I get massive headaches now.

We are now aware of the implications of that.