T Nation

HCG at Room Temp?

Stupid fckin question but I got no other choice:

will my HCG break down at room temp., and if so how fast? (once mixed)

anyone? I can’t seem to find the exact temp. or range of temp. it can be kept at anywhere on the forums or google or whatever else you can think of. Please, I know its a noob Q but Ive never fcked with this sh!t before.

any input will be appreciated

Ask this question in the over 35 forum, as there are fellas in there with TRT experience who can likely answer this. Standard shelf life is 60 days when refrigerated, but that is just a guideline, as it likely lasts a little longer. But, at room temp I am unsure, definitely less shelf life as it would degrade quicker.

fck I guess I gotta buy a mini fridge or something

I share a fridge with people who dont know i use.

I wrap the hcg in tinfoil and put it in a tupperware box and leave it in the bottom corner of the fridge. Nobody has ever looked!

Shouldn’t it last a little longer unconstitutued? You’ve already reconstituted all of it?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Shouldn’t it last a little longer unconstitutued? You’ve already reconstituted all of it?[/quote]
no its still powdsr. I’m asking these questions before I go dumping the soluble in it

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
I share a fridge with people who dont know i use.

I wrap the hcg in tinfoil and put it in a tupperware box and leave it in the bottom corner of the fridge. Nobody has ever looked![/quote]

oh they will look trust me, I guess I can look for a mini fridge this week n see if I can afford it. This is an expensive fckin sport I’ll tell u that

It will depend on what the temperature is, but a reasonable guess – based on the fact that it is common for chemical reactions to double their speed for every 10 degrees C added temperature – is that the life will be cut by a factor of 4 or perhaps a little greater.

If it’s the case that the refrigerated life is 60 days (that ought to be verified though from your package insert) then at room temperature the unrefrigerated life might be as much as 12 days, or perhaps somewhat less.

This is guesswork.

Also it should be considered that many times water is provided for reconstitution in the kit, and it is not bacteriostatic water. I wouldn’t trust HCG left in saline at room temperature for any extended length of time.

Does the Hcg have to be refrigerated before it is mixed?

So I was wondering: considering that most oil based AAS has some sort of solvent in it, could you use say, a couple cc’s of test prop, and reconstitute your HCG with that, and mix it back into your vial?

Refrigeration might be less of an issue in oil as opposed to water? I dunno how the chemistry behind HCG breaking down works…

Just thinkin outside the box a little, but I don’t know enough about chemistry to know if it would work…

[quote]Substance P wrote:
Does the Hcg have to be refrigerated before it is mixed?

[/quote]

No, the Bacteriostatic water reconstitutes the powder, before that point it is dry and will not degrade very quickly, should last a very long time as long as you keep it dark, cool and dry.

At room temp I would expect it to lose quite a bit of potency within a week if not less.

As far as fridges, they also have these like cooler fridges that are pretty cheap. Its been awhile since I had one, but I remember it being mostly a cooler with a little refrigeration thing on it. I guess it helps somewhat. It would be better than nothing. You also might look into beverage or wine coolers. You can get pretty tiny ones, they might be cheaper than minifridges.

You could also just stick it in the cooler of a mini ice massage. My portable ice massage cooler will hold a shit ton of it.