HBO's True Detective

I’m quite honestly surprised this thread doesn’t exist. Does anyone else watch this? It’s a great show with some seriously quality acting.

Not to mention some of the BEST tits I’ve ever seen on TV were in episode 2.
Link: http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/21/alexandra-daddario-true-detective-naked-scene-video/
NSFW

I’ve been watching it. It’s already Top 4 on IMDB best shows off all time and it’s six episodes in…

I’ve enjoyed it a lot because they spend equal time with character development and the investigation. There is so much detail that it’s difficult to follow at times with how they present everything.

I like where the show is going. Next week should be excellent because the audience is finally on track with the proper time.

I was about to make this thread myself. I was scared to click as I haven’t seen Sundays episode yet. I have loved it so far and I have to agree with you on the court clerk chick (Kate from White Collar or the chick from the last Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Damn… Even my wife said that ha. I am totally engrossed in it though and I cant really figure out where it is headed but they have left themselves open to a myriad of possibilities. Should be good.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I’m quite honestly surprised this thread doesn’t exist. Does anyone else watch this? It’s a great show with some seriously quality acting.

Not to mention some of the BEST tits I’ve ever seen on TV were in episode 2.
Link: http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/21/alexandra-daddario-true-detective-naked-scene-video/
NSFW[/quote]
I’m also dumbfound nobody has created this thread too. Anyway, I think it is some God-tier television and it hasen’t even ended but some are hailing as the new “The Wire” or “Breaking Bad”. I also like how Woody pulls the most amazing ass(es) in that show.

Yes, very good acting. Also, Alexandra Daddario is amazing. And the chick from Banshee (another amazing show, if you haven’t seen it yet, watch it) was also in the most recent episode.

Agree with all on this.I was sucked In from the first episode.

Great show.

Thanks for NSFW edit mods! Totally could have screwed some people with that oversight!

My girlfriend and I have been watching it separately and we both had to recount how awesome Daddio’s knockers are/were.

Word on the street is this will play out American Horror Story style and next season will be a completely different cast and story? Obviously the plot would have to change but a cast change is sad as I think they have been amazing.

TV series are definitely starting to become better options for actors now and I imagine as budgets start to increase it will become even more prevalent.

Spoiler ALERT
How about that scene with Rust and Hunt’s wife? That was some powerful and manipulative shit! Thoroughly enjoyed the scene were Rust told the lady she should probably kill herself if given the opportunity.

/Spoiler ALERT

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Thanks for NSFW edit mods! Totally could have screwed some people with that oversight!

My girlfriend and I have been watching it separately and we both had to recount how awesome Daddio’s knockers are/were.

Word on the street is this will play out American Horror Story style and next season will be a completely different cast and story? Obviously the plot would have to change but a cast change is sad as I think they have been amazing.

TV series are definitely starting to become better options for actors now and I imagine as budgets start to increase it will become even more prevalent.

Spoiler ALERT
How about that scene with Rust and Hunt’s wife? That was some powerful and manipulative shit! Thoroughly enjoyed the scene were Rust told the lady she should probably kill herself if given the opportunity.

/Spoiler ALERT[/quote]

Rust can talk anybody into anything. It’s insane.

Great show! Maybe, even better directing. The one camera only shoot w/Cohle & Ginger in the hood was fucking fantastic. You definitely have to go back & watch episodes again. Guaranteed you missed something.

As for the Banshee chick, she is just wicked sexy head to toe.

Watching Detective Cohle smoke a cigarette is painful lol. Fantastic show.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
Watching Detective Cohle smoke a cigarette is painful lol. Fantastic show. [/quote]
His long drags are crazy. It almost makes me want to take up smoking.

Alexandra Daddario has one of the best breasts natural or fake ever. I only tuned in to the show because of that scene but the show got me hooked.

Loved the scene of Woody and the 2 kids in the holding cell.

Best show on TV currently, freaking awesome. Glad that McC is moved away from shirt off surfer dude movies, he’s actually a good actor. Still trying to figure out if i like woody’s character or not.

This show has been amazing so far. I can’t tell if all the King in a Yellow references are going to lead to a supernatural element or whether the show (at least this season) is going to focus on political issues (like Tuttle and the Wellspring program).

Great music, mood, tone and and scenery. Great cast with great acting and directing. I love the story and I can’t wait to see where it leads in the final two episodes, though I’ll be saddened when it’s over.

There is talk of another season which will likely happen as the viewership has been steadily climbing, although the talk is that every )season will have a different setting, story and actors so goodbye to this one and we shall see how it ends in two weeks :slight_smile:

[quote]fnf wrote:
one of the best breasts[/quote]

They both looked pretty good to me.

I caught it late and had to watch the first 3 episodes on demand. But what a show… taking a twist now with the interrogation narrative over and done with. And now they’re back in present-day. The next shows should be hairy to say the least.

The show will continue with 2 new detectives and a new case for 8 episodes every season, but S1 will be hard to top.

Rob

So I was thinking last night about the girl in the psych ward. She said he had ‘scars on his face.’ In episode 2 or 3 they had a pic of a man that they were calling the green eared spaghetti monster. So I’m thinkin’ spaghetti equals scars… scars equal spaghetti. As for the green ears… Cohle was speaking to the maintenance man in front of the school & he was wearing green protective ear phones…

Take it for what it’s worth…

[quote]print wrote:
So I was thinking last night about the girl in the psych ward. She said he had ‘scars on his face.’ In episode 2 or 3 they had a pic of a man that they were calling the green eared spaghetti monster. So I’m thinkin’ spaghetti equals scars… scars equal spaghetti. As for the green ears… Cohle was speaking to the maintenance man in front of the school & he was wearing green protective ear phones…

Take it for what it’s worth…[/quote]

Yea- I’ve had a friend or 2 tell me their hunch is that the guy mowing the lawn is the big baddie. I don’t know how I would feel about that as he was so brief and had almost no lasting impression on me.

Either way, it’s going to be good!