HBO - The Pacific

I’ll be curious to see if they bring into the story line about the island where all the inhabitants hurled themselves off the cliffs instead if being captured by the “baby eating monsters”. I’ve seen the real footage. The Japanese propaganda machine did number on them folks.

The Tarawa scenes will be pretty graphic I bet.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
I’ll be curious to see if they bring into the story line about the island where all the inhabitants hurled themselves off the cliffs instead if being captured by the “baby eating monsters”. I’ve seen the real footage. The Japanese propaganda machine did number on them folks.

The Tarawa scenes will be pretty graphic I bet. [/quote]

I just watched the Tarawa segment on the History Channel’s “World at War” series last week. That’s the series that uses nothing but original film footage, no reenactments. It was graphic.[/quote]

The flamethrower certainly came into it’s own on that campaign. Four MOH’s were awarded for that battle alone.

Yeah, just finished Part 10. I enjoyed it, not as good as Band of Brothers and the characters weren’t as memorable, but still a damn good series.

Good series…I wouldnt call it great though. I think the character development lacked a little to be honest…sometimes had a hard time keeping track of who was who. But maybe that might be because i am a rutard