Having Trouble Waking Up

So, I told you guys the other day in a thread that I cannot get in the gym quite yet(university membership crud), so I am riding my bike 5 miles a day until I get into the gym. I usually slept right at 8 hours before I started bicycling. Now it seems like it is hard to wake up on that. Lately, I have been wanting to sleep 10-11+ hours.

Is that just my body trying to adapt the wrong way, or am I just being a lazy POS? I’ve got some Mg and Zn supplements that I could take which usually helped me before, but wasn’t sure if it was a good idea.

I eat VERY clean. I was wondering if maybe I wasn’t eating enough, and that was causing me to wanna sleep more.

Any questions or help would be great. Thanks guys and gals!

Well, something similar happened to me for a short while. It only happened when I was going to sleep at about 6-9PM. The later I went asleep (over 11PM) the less I slept. But I doubt it’s a bad thing to sleep 10hours.
If you exercise (especially weight training) then don’t expect your body to rest enough in 8 hours.

How drunk are you when you “go to sleep”? (read pass out)

[quote]Forever_Failure wrote:
Well, something similar happened to me for a short while. It only happened when I was going to sleep at about 6-9PM. The later I went asleep (over 11PM) the less I slept. But I doubt it’s a bad thing to sleep 10hours.
If you exercise (especially weight training) then don’t expect your body to rest enough in 8 hours.[/quote]

I don’t think the time I go to sleep has much to do with it in MY case. So 10 hours is okay if I am riding 5 miles? I do intervals where I ride as hard as I can through all 21 gears, then coast 100 ft and start over.

Chewie, Ima pretend like you didn’t say that.

10 hours is excellent if you can and need the rest do it.

Try and not use alarm your body will only sleep as much as it needs heck youll likely make better progress stay leaner get stronger, be more productive in waking hours

P

If you’re having problems hitting the snooze button, set a mouse trap on top the alarm. Problem solved.

I wouldn’t be too alarmed about sleeping longer until your body adjusts to extra effort and energy you’re putting into your work outs.