Having Trouble Losing Some Weight

It seems like I might have hit a barrier at around 178lbs (I’m 6’1) that I am having trouble getting past. I try to get some sort of cardio exercise every day and eat clean but it doesn’t really seem to be working.

Exercise: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat - 90 Min Kung Fu Class (dripping sweat on the floor after 10 minutes)
Tues, Thurs - 60+ minutes of squash
Almost every day - golf for 3+ hours, sometimes cart, sometimes walking

Diet:
Breakfast - 2-3 whole eggs, chicken breast, bear naked granola, glass of 1% milk
Lunch - chicken caesar salad / turkey wrap / omelette (chicken or salmon with feta)
Dinner - Chicken breast with broccoli / Steak / chicken caesar salad
Snacks - Almonds, fruit, berries, Natty PB+J on wheat

Obviously this varies but I usually try to stick with 2500 calories or less. I’ve figured that I burn at least 500 more calories than this each day so I should be losing weight…

And I know I don’t eat enough vegetables…I have a tough time with vegetables…

Any idea how I might be able to get past this point? I realize my weight is fine for my size, I just want my fat : muscle ratio to change so I’m trying to lose some fat. I really like the exercises I am using because I enjoy them and push myself to the limit. Should I be supplementing them in some way? Altering my diet?

Thanks

[quote]masters2010 wrote:
Exercise: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat - 90 Min Kung Fu Class (dripping sweat on the floor after 10 minutes)
Tues, Thurs - 60+ minutes of squash
Almost every day - golf for 3+ hours, sometimes cart, sometimes walking

Any idea how I might be able to get past this point? I realize my weight is fine for my size, I just want my fat : muscle ratio to change so I’m trying to lose some fat. I really like the exercises I am using because I enjoy them and push myself to the limit. Should I be supplementing them in some way? Altering my diet?

Thanks[/quote]
Have you considered trying to change your fat:muscle ratio by adding muscle? Try adding 3 days of heavy lifting to your exercise for a few weeks. Check out the Rippietoe’s thread and the beginners stickies, and come back with questions.

I’m looking into starting CW’s total body workout. Where should I keep the reps if I’m looking for strength gains rather than hypertrophy?

Personally, 3-6 reps work real well for me. Lately I have been doing 3x5 and now 5x5.

If you’re really into strength, these are some excellent programs. Not that the one you found isn’t, but a lot of people I know on here have had great success.

Starting Strength

Strong Lifts 5x5

Bill Starr 5x5

WS4SB
http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

WS4VB

If anything they are all good reads.

WS4SB actually really appeals to me. I’ll start that tomorrow for a couple months, thanks.