T Nation

Having Flexibility Problems. Need Advice

My hips are so tight it is impossible for me to keep my legs close together for something like squats or deadlifts without horrible form and pain. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Why are you trying to keep your legs close together with squats anyway?

Garland Pose. Get to where you can sit in it for 1-2 minutes, everyday, multiple times a day.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Why are you trying to keep your legs close together with squats anyway?[/quote]

that’s what I was thinking.

Also, it’s pretty unusual for people to not be able to get their legs together. Tight adductors is common, but abductors really very uncommon. It’s a weird problem to have.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Also, it’s pretty unusual for people to not be able to get their legs together. Tight adductors is common, but abductors really very uncommon. It’s a weird problem to have.[/quote]

this is so fuckin wrong. So incredibly wrong.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Why are you trying to keep your legs close together with squats anyway?[/quote]

Also, it’s pretty unusual for people to not be able to get their legs together. Tight adductors is common, but abductors really very uncommon. It’s a weird problem to have.[/quote]

People who sit down their whole lives (pretty much everyone) are tight everywhere. Abductors, adductors, flexors, extensors. All of it. I lift and work on my feet, but I’m still tight everywhere.