Having a Rethink on Program, Can You Advise Coach?

Hi Coach, hope you and the others are well?

I just read your “kinda pissed off” thread and whilst I echo the sentiments of support given there, one of your posts got my attention…that being the one about changing training styles as you progress in age, specifically reducing Mtor activation.

Being 43 myself and much slower than I was even 3 or 4 years ago, I have come to the conclusion that I want to shed body-fat and tighten up the muscles. Not looking for muscle growth so much anymore, that is a young mans game that I will leave up to my son :slight_smile: My question to you is whether using your “look like a body builder, perform like an athlete” program would fit the bill for my goals? As far as I see it, this program focuses on performance and body recomp + relative strength more than on hypertrophy (taking into consideration time under tension, rep speed & style) And that is what I am after at my age…plus, it sounds very similar to what you alluded to doing yourself now in the post referenced above.

So I guess my question is, in your opinion, at this time, would the program that I am now following at least not speed up the aging process and improve my physical / work capacity somewhat?

Anyway, your kind consideration is appreciated and I look forward to your possible feedback.

For ease of reference, below is the link to the thread that I am referring to:

Stay well.

K

It’s a good program, but to reach your goal you’d have to do something like sprints or loaded carries along with it, maybe twice per week

1 Like

Great thanks for the reply Coach, good to know I am headed in the right direction…

Have a great day.

K