Having A GREAT Life?

I wish I could give you some tips, but my life is too chaotic these days. I haven’t accomplished what I originally was in the process of accomplishing once things turned for the worse earlier this year.

Good thing Dan John went over chaos in the seminar. :wink:

[quote]TQB wrote:

No you don’t! spiel is splt with an SH not an S. Yiddish is using the Hebrew alfabet, not Latin. Those are two different letters.

[/quote]

Not to dwell on it, because it’s not relevent to this thread… but I guess it’s me who sits corrected. Although I don’t have a particularly good command of the English language myself, I tend to notice words that appear to be spelled wrong or misused in a sentence. “Schpiel” just looked like a funny word, so I checked it on dictionary.com. Obviously, dictionary.com is not the be-all and end-all of spelling, especially when it comes to Yiddish.

Dictionary.com does, however, have the spelling for “schadenfreude”, which happens to be one of my favourite words.

My bad.

|/ 3Toes

Jill, I did want to try to contribute to this thread in a constructive way. Most of what I have to say has been said already, but I’d like to give you my take on it. I won’t go point by point on your goals.

About 15 yrs ago, when I quit drinking, I thought the world would open up and I’d just be ecstatically happy from that day on. Well, of course I soon found out it doesn’t work like that, and basically I was now just sober. And for the record, the world often looks alot shittier when you’re sober all the time. :wink:

I think that this was probably about the time that I discovered that life is a journey. Sure, I didn’t discover any kind of eternal bliss, just by quitting drinking. But I would have never met my wife, or had my son or… all the other good things that have happened to me since, had I continued on the path I was on. In fact, I can almost guarantee you I’d be dead by now, if I had.

So my point is this. You are in reach of a goal ( health / fitness etc ) and are looking towards your next goals. My advice would be don’t set too many goals at once, and don’t force yourself to deal with too many issues at once. It sounds like your life is in pretty good order, and I wouldn’t go trying to rearrange it all in a big hurry.

Take the time to enjoy where you are, and take pride in what you have accomplished. Allow some of the things that you want to happen, to just happen.

Of course you want to continue to improve all aspects of your life. Just don’t take it all too seriously.

But I’m just a sloth. :slight_smile:

|/ 3Toes

I’ll tell you what…first, please read my “From Dad to Grad” on my site. Go to the free book section

It was a labor of love and I truly mean what I told Kelly. The advice is honestly as good as I can do.

By the way, Iron John is more of an Iron John than me…and a good friend.

Jilly, from my heart: the only important part of change is the desire to change. You have already amazed us with your physical transformation…you are well on your way to the rest of your vision.

I keep a lot of stuff on the “shelf” here, but I have been honored…truly…to have been called out here.

Give me a day or so to get back to you: Homework…read my little book.

Thank you! to everyone who responded. I have a lot to “digest” and think about. There is a lot of really good stuff in these responses and I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Dan John’s “To Grad, From Dad” piece is really good - if you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend it.