Have You Seen This Phenomenon with Your Clients?

Hello CT - Thank you first and foremost for reading this. I’m 32 years old and never experienced this when I was younger.

I’ve noticed that the days and weeks I train the hardest, I look soft and feel fatter than if I take a week off. After a week off I look leaner and tighter without any real change to my diet other than no peri workout nutrition (2 scoops Plazma).

Have you ever seen this with your clients? Do you think it could be due to increased cortisol levels or decreased insulin sensitivity via eccentric portion of my lifts?

If you have seen it were you able to identify the cause and if so we’re you able to correct/address it?

Thank you again for any dead or suggestions!

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Hello CT - Thank you first and foremost for reading this. I’m 32 years old and never experienced this when I was younger.

I’ve noticed that the days and weeks I train the hardest, I look soft and feel fatter than if I take a week off. After a week off I look leaner and tighter without any real change to my diet other than no peri workout nutrition (2 scoops Plazma).

Have you ever seen this with your clients? Do you think it could be due to increased cortisol levels or decreased insulin sensitivity via eccentric portion of my lifts?

If you have seen it were you able to identify the cause and if so we’re you able to correct/address it?

Thank you again for any dead or suggestions![/quote]

Yes you nailed it. It’s mostly cortisol that increases water rentention and decreases glycogen replenishment. Are you taking-in PRE workout carbs like PLAZMA or SURGE WORKOUT FUEL because these reduces the cortisol response to training.

Thanks for your response! I’m currently preloading with 1 scoop plazma 15 minutes pre-workout and then 1 more scoop drank throughout my workout. Should this be modified or perhaps more carbs throughout the day?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
Thanks for your response! I’m currently preloading with 1 scoop plazma 15 minutes pre-workout and then 1 more scoop drank throughout my workout. Should this be modified or perhaps more carbs throughout the day?[/quote]

Try having the 2 servings 20 minutes pre-workout to see if it changes the way your body looks throughout the day, don’t change anything else, try it for 2-3 workouts.

Thank you again! I’ll give that a shot tomorrow.