Have Women Ruined the Workplace?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

I get complaints from both sexes equally.
[/quote]

What type of stuff to guys tend to whine about?

Typing this before having read everything. At a university I (gratefully) am no longer at stated in new employee training that if a student feels they have been sexually harassed then the instructor will be reprimanded/fired. They told of a case where the student misinterpreted a comment and was offended. Such a remark was so out of character that his coworkers were shocked. When he was approached they said he was visibly upset that the student thought he said what she thought he said and felt horrible. Then he was fired. So all the proof pointed towards the student misinterpretating the comment, no one else thought the guy would have said that, he was concerned for the student’s well-being when told yet they fired him anyway for sexual harassment which pretty much will keep him out of another academic job.

I asked in the audience of well over 100 grad student instructors what we could do to protect ourselves from possible false claims and the HD head said “really nothing, just never be alone with a student.”

Funny thing is I had two incidences of sexual harassment from female faculty, once with witnesses.

EDIT: probably my fault for whistling

First we gave them the right to vote… What the fuck did we expect would happen? The first thing they did after gaining influence was ram Prohibition down our throats (and causing widespread growth of organized crime as a result - brilliant fucking move ladies).

Women who try to work construction trip me out the most. FOR THE MOST PART, and there are exceptions, they cant do the same job that a man can. Yet they expect the same pay and benefits. They get guys fired for creating a “hostile work environment” cuz someone told a dirty joke and wonder why when they sit down for break, everyone gets up and moves away from them. Silly girls… What the fuck do they THINK would happen?

For the record there have been a few female construction workers that I’ve met that are competent, but they are the exception and not the rule. The rest are just milking the system, filling a “quota”, and taking the job of a more qualified man trying to feed his family.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

I get complaints from both sexes equally.
[/quote]

What type of stuff to guys tend to whine about?[/quote]

Lot’s of guys just like to bitch…not necessarily harassment complaints, but just bitching.

I have one kick ass gal that works for our company…she likes to talk about sports/sex/drinking ect. the rest of our ladies are strict mormons who like to complain if they hear “damn” in the office.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
…men who abused women through coercion are probably the egg who hatched the chicken so to speak. [/quote]

Totally Agree!

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
…men who abused women through coercion are probably the egg who hatched the chicken so to speak. [/quote]

Totally Agree!

[/quote]
Made casual office sex difficult for all of us!

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]
Made casual office sex difficult for all of us![/quote]

I’m embarassed all too often my my gender. I think that at times the particular industry has a part in it. Most of the men I work around are “intellectuals”. They tend to default to the big boobs - dumb blond point of view when they meet me the first time. I kinda like crushing the life out of male egos with a stilleto… :wink:

It truly absurd when schools have “sexual harassment”. Really? Those are just kids being kids.

“It can be a malicious rumor whispered in the hallway, a lewd photo arriving by cell phone, hands groping where they shouldn’t. Added up, it’s an epidemic â?? student-on-student sexual harassment that is pervasive in America’s middle schools and high schools.”

Read more: Survey: Sexual harassment pervasive in grades 7-12 | Fox News

[quote]twinexperience wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

I’m embarassed all too often my my gender. I think that at times the particular industry has a part in it. Most of the men I work around are “intellectuals”. They tend to default to the big boobs - dumb blond point of view when they meet me the first time. I kinda like crushing the life out of male egos with a stilleto… :wink: [/quote]
And I like ass fucking the Princess right out of a woman’s attitude. Not kidding. But only if she’s having fun too.

Not sure what industry you are in but I’m familiar with oilfield and civil engineers and yes, the women in those absolutely male dominated industries carry a gender chip bigger than Dallas.

Most men worked their way in to their roles on rigs though, doing labor women just can’t, so when a woman signs on with a degree, she isn’t always respected initially as she didn’t “pay her dues” so to speak.

But a few strategic blowjobs later… :wink:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

I’m embarassed all too often my my gender. I think that at times the particular industry has a part in it. Most of the men I work around are “intellectuals”. They tend to default to the big boobs - dumb blond point of view when they meet me the first time. I kinda like crushing the life out of male egos with a stilleto… :wink: [/quote]
And I like ass fucking the Princess right out of a woman’s attitude. Not kidding. But only if she’s having fun too.

Not sure what industry you are in but I’m familiar with oilfield and civil engineers and yes, the women in those absolutely male dominated industries carry a gender chip bigger than Dallas.

Most men worked their way in to their roles on rigs though, doing labor women just can’t, so when a woman signs on with a degree, she isn’t always respected initially as she didn’t “pay her dues” so to speak.

But a few strategic blowjobs later… ;)[/quote]

LOL - Like I said - I’m embarrassed often…
I’m an engineer in the auto industry so probably not much comparison. Most of what I do these days is teaching so I doubt I have any comparable experience to similar types of roles. I do however get told I have a chip on my shoulder from time to time. My response is usually, when you finish your doctorate, we’ll discuss my attitude. =)

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

I’m an engineer in the auto industry so probably not much comparison. Most of what I do these days is teaching so I doubt I have any comparable experience to similar types of roles. I do however get told I have a chip on my shoulder from time to time. My response is usually, when you finish your doctorate, we’ll discuss my attitude. =)

[/quote]
Yeah, probably different. These guys would throw you off the platform 100 miles from land and call it an accident.

They’d get paid more for having penises than you would for having a doctorate too, I’m honestly not sure why women aspire to work in oil, unless of course they have penis envy for real. I mean HR or accounting maybe but not operations.

*I don’t personally work in oil or condone the mentality for any sensitive Betty reading, I’m not talking about you. Only making general comments based on observations. Chill.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, probably different. These guys would throw you off the platform 100 miles from land and call it an accident.

They’d get paid more for having penises than you would for having a doctorate too, I’m honestly not sure why women aspire to work in oil, unless of course they have penis envy for real. I mean HR or accounting maybe but not operations.

*I don’t personally work in oil or condone the mentality for any sensitive Betty reading, I’m not talking about you. Only making general comments based on observations. Chill.[/quote]

Disclaimer noted… :wink: I don’t take any of it personally, but I do get a kick out of the guys that take the “No gurlz allowed in our tree fort” mentality. When they realize they aren’t really smarter, more successful, more attractive, or have a nicer car / house ( or insert any typical male success yard stick here) than me, they resort to “Oh yeah, well I’m bigger and can beat you up”. It’s kinda perdictable, but cute still. Now typically I don’t really say these things out loud, especially living in the deep, deep south. I bat my pretty eyes and say, “My, my Rhett, you are just sooo smart. Whatever did I do before I met a man like you?” <my Gone With the Wind drawl doesn’t translate well to the typed word>

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]

*I don’t personally work in oil or condone the mentality for any sensitive Betty reading, I’m not talking about you. Only making general comments based on observations. Chill.[/quote]

Disclaimer noted… :wink: I don’t take any of it personally, but I do get a kick out of the guys that take the “No gurlz allowed in our tree fort” mentality. When they realize they aren’t really smarter, more successful, more attractive, or have a nicer car / house ( or insert any typical male success yard stick here) than me, they resort to “Oh yeah, well I’m bigger and can beat you up”. It’s kinda perdictable, but cute still. Now typically I don’t really say these things out loud, especially living in the deep, deep south. I bat my pretty eyes and say, “My, my Rhett, you are just sooo smart. Whatever did I do before I met a man like you?” <my Gone With the Wind drawl doesn’t translate well to the typed word>[/quote]

Do you have a tree house?

<— Thought so…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Disclaimer noted… :wink: I don’t take any of it personally, but I do get a kick out of the guys that take the “No gurlz allowed in our tree fort” mentality. When they realize they aren’t really smarter, more successful, more attractive, or have a nicer car / house ( or insert any typical male success yard stick here) than me, they resort to “Oh yeah, well I’m bigger and can beat you up”. It’s kinda perdictable, but cute still. Now typically I don’t really say these things out loud, especially living in the deep, deep south. I bat my pretty eyes and say, “My, my Rhett, you are just sooo smart. Whatever did I do before I met a man like you?” <my Gone With the Wind drawl doesn’t translate well to the typed word>[/quote]

Do you have a tree house?

<— Thought so…[/quote]

Tree forts fucking rock…

<— Awesome, has have nothing to add.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a general disclaimer. Not necessarily for you, hence the spacing and asterisk.

I don’t know why men feel threatened by women. At the end of the day, we do have the penises after all. All else equal, that is something extra that just can’t be granted through legislation.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a general disclaimer. Not necessarily for you, hence the spacing and asterisk.

I don’t know why men feel threatened by women. [/quote]

My thoughts exactly… =) I’d love to have a penis. I mean a real one… :wink:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Totally Agree!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t know why men feel threatened by women. [/quote]

My thoughts exactly… =) I’d love to have a penis. I mean a real one… :wink: [/quote]
Haha, all I know is that if you were in my office I’d pull your hair and ream your ass. If that’s a ruined work place I’ve been fooled.