T Nation

Have Partial Reps Found There Place?

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Wiskonstantin wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Anyone still using “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” in a sentence as if it has been proven that humans somehow gain “different” muscle through a specific rep range clearly do not have much of a scientific background.

Until one of you shows proof of this occurring in nature in humans, how about we quit making shit up?[/quote]

…well maybe you should point him in the right direction instead of jumping down his throat. Your seriously have an attitude problem X and I think you should sort it the fuck out.[/quote]

Yes, Mr. Has No Fucking Pictures or Proof of Training, please call out one of the most respected members of the T-Nation community.

Thank you.[/quote]

You really don’t get it do you. This is not an episode of Jerry Springer, there is no ‘calling out,’ mere observation. Some of X’s posts are simply down right rude and often stiffles discussion - this is a discussion forum right?

This seems to be a recent thing on X’s part because in his older posts there is alot less attitude. He’s obviously is a very intelligent guy with regards to weight lifting and I for one, when scrolling, used to stop and read his post because more often than not they were worth the read. It pisses me off when someone like X who has so much to offer to this community is all to willing to shoot someone down because they are not quite as knowledgable as he is. He really should drop attitude and return to the X that I learned so much from.

BTW I don’t need pictures to know that I lift weights, and I don’t need you to believe me that I lift weights either. I’m here to learn what I can and perhaps share some advice from my own training if the opportunity arises - which you can take or leave.[/quote]

Why do you think anyone gives a shit that you don’t like how I write? The way I write hasn’t changed in 9 years on this site which means most of what you just threw up on screen is complete bullshit.

If you don’t like my posts, ignore every single one of them.

Problem solved.

I don’t log in here to make you happy. Sorry.

Read the OP’s post history

He is starting threads about all the “hot trolling topics”.

I didn’t think he was a troll at first but at this point it is obvious that he is just trying to be annoying.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Read the OP’s post history

He is starting threads about all the “hot trolling topics”.

I didn’t think he was a troll at first but at this point it is obvious that he is just trying to be annoying. [/quote]

I’m pretty damn sure I know which board all the recent fucktard trolls are coming from too.

But don’t worry, they are all intellectually superior, that is how the justify acting like children.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Wiskonstantin wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Anyone still using “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” in a sentence as if it has been proven that humans somehow gain “different” muscle through a specific rep range clearly do not have much of a scientific background.

Until one of you shows proof of this occurring in nature in humans, how about we quit making shit up?[/quote]

…well maybe you should point him in the right direction instead of jumping down his throat. Your seriously have an attitude problem X and I think you should sort it the fuck out.[/quote]

Yes, Mr. Has No Fucking Pictures or Proof of Training, please call out one of the most respected members of the T-Nation community.

Thank you.[/quote]

You really don’t get it do you. This is not an episode of Jerry Springer, there is no ‘calling out,’ mere observation. Some of X’s posts are simply down right rude and often stiffles discussion - this is a discussion forum right?

This seems to be a recent thing on X’s part because in his older posts there is alot less attitude. He’s obviously is a very intelligent guy with regards to weight lifting and I for one, when scrolling, used to stop and read his post because more often than not they were worth the read. It pisses me off when someone like X who has so much to offer to this community is all to willing to shoot someone down because they are not quite as knowledgable as he is. He really should drop attitude and return to the X that I learned so much from.

BTW I don’t need pictures to know that I lift weights, and I don’t need you to believe me that I lift weights either. I’m here to learn what I can and perhaps share some advice from my own training if the opportunity arises - which you can take or leave.[/quote]

Why do you think anyone gives a shit that you don’t like how I write? The way I write hasn’t changed in 9 years on this site which means most of what you just threw up on screen is complete bullshit.

If you don’t like my posts, ignore every single one of them.

Problem solved.

I don’t log in here to make you happy. Sorry.[/quote]

Lol… see this is what I mean X, you can’t be civil - which is exactly why I find myself ignoring the bulk of your posts of late. In addition I never assumed anyone cared what I said, its the internet after all, but that does not mean we should be going around making other people feel like shit - alot of people here obviously respect your opinion therefore I feel you have a responsiblity of sorts.

But it has become apparant that you think you have something special. An ego that has perhaps been left unchecked for too long. Heck I might be wrong, maybe you were like this 9 years ago but thats not how I see it.

Sorry, but like you I say what I feel.

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Wiskonstantin wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Anyone still using “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” in a sentence as if it has been proven that humans somehow gain “different” muscle through a specific rep range clearly do not have much of a scientific background.

Until one of you shows proof of this occurring in nature in humans, how about we quit making shit up?[/quote]

…well maybe you should point him in the right direction instead of jumping down his throat. Your seriously have an attitude problem X and I think you should sort it the fuck out.[/quote]

Yes, Mr. Has No Fucking Pictures or Proof of Training, please call out one of the most respected members of the T-Nation community.

Thank you.[/quote]

You really don’t get it do you. This is not an episode of Jerry Springer, there is no ‘calling out,’ mere observation. Some of X’s posts are simply down right rude and often stiffles discussion - this is a discussion forum right?

This seems to be a recent thing on X’s part because in his older posts there is alot less attitude. He’s obviously is a very intelligent guy with regards to weight lifting and I for one, when scrolling, used to stop and read his post because more often than not they were worth the read. It pisses me off when someone like X who has so much to offer to this community is all to willing to shoot someone down because they are not quite as knowledgable as he is. He really should drop attitude and return to the X that I learned so much from.

BTW I don’t need pictures to know that I lift weights, and I don’t need you to believe me that I lift weights either. I’m here to learn what I can and perhaps share some advice from my own training if the opportunity arises - which you can take or leave.[/quote]

Why do you think anyone gives a shit that you don’t like how I write? The way I write hasn’t changed in 9 years on this site which means most of what you just threw up on screen is complete bullshit.

If you don’t like my posts, ignore every single one of them.

Problem solved.

I don’t log in here to make you happy. Sorry.[/quote]

Lol… see this is what I mean X, you can’t be civil - which is exactly why I find myself ignoring the bulk of your posts of late. In addition I never assumed anyone cared what I said, its the internet after all, but that does not mean we should be going around making other people feel like shit - alot of people here obviously respect your opinion therefore I feel you have a responsiblity of sorts.

But it has become apparant that you think you have something special. An ego that has perhaps been left unchecked for too long. Heck I might be wrong, maybe you were like this 9 years ago but thats not how I see it.

Sorry, but like you I say what I feel.

[/quote]

I know you’ve only joined recently but have you been here before that to know how many times this shit has been repeated already? Or do you find that sort of thing irrelevant to your point? It sounds like you believe ignorance is an excuse to ask unnecessary questions without repercussion.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Read the OP’s post history

He is starting threads about all the “hot trolling topics”.

I didn’t think he was a troll at first but at this point it is obvious that he is just trying to be annoying. [/quote]

…which begs the question of why we are getting posters crying due to “sand in vagina syndrome” because we don’t cuddle with the OP.

Some people’s children.

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Wiskonstantin wrote:

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Anyone still using “sarcoplasmic hypertrophy” in a sentence as if it has been proven that humans somehow gain “different” muscle through a specific rep range clearly do not have much of a scientific background.

Until one of you shows proof of this occurring in nature in humans, how about we quit making shit up?[/quote]

…well maybe you should point him in the right direction instead of jumping down his throat. Your seriously have an attitude problem X and I think you should sort it the fuck out.[/quote]

Yes, Mr. Has No Fucking Pictures or Proof of Training, please call out one of the most respected members of the T-Nation community.

Thank you.[/quote]

You really don’t get it do you. This is not an episode of Jerry Springer, there is no ‘calling out,’ mere observation. Some of X’s posts are simply down right rude and often stiffles discussion - this is a discussion forum right?

This seems to be a recent thing on X’s part because in his older posts there is alot less attitude. He’s obviously is a very intelligent guy with regards to weight lifting and I for one, when scrolling, used to stop and read his post because more often than not they were worth the read. It pisses me off when someone like X who has so much to offer to this community is all to willing to shoot someone down because they are not quite as knowledgable as he is. He really should drop attitude and return to the X that I learned so much from.

BTW I don’t need pictures to know that I lift weights, and I don’t need you to believe me that I lift weights either. I’m here to learn what I can and perhaps share some advice from my own training if the opportunity arises - which you can take or leave.[/quote]

Why do you think anyone gives a shit that you don’t like how I write? The way I write hasn’t changed in 9 years on this site which means most of what you just threw up on screen is complete bullshit.

If you don’t like my posts, ignore every single one of them.

Problem solved.

I don’t log in here to make you happy. Sorry.[/quote]

Lol… see this is what I mean X, you can’t be civil - which is exactly why I find myself ignoring the bulk of your posts of late. In addition I never assumed anyone cared what I said, its the internet after all, but that does not mean we should be going around making other people feel like shit - alot of people here obviously respect your opinion therefore I feel you have a responsiblity of sorts.

But it has become apparant that you think you have something special. An ego that has perhaps been left unchecked for too long. Heck I might be wrong, maybe you were like this 9 years ago but thats not how I see it.

Sorry, but like you I say what I feel.
[/quote]

NIguy’s picture.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I know you’ve only joined recently but have you been here before that to know how many times this shit has been repeated already? Or do you find that sort of thing irrelevant to your point? It sounds like you believe ignorance is an excuse to ask unnecessary questions without repercussion. [/quote]

Been using this site amongst others for the past few years nearly exclusively as a place to read articles/forum chat, 2006/7 is when I first started reading here, no earlier. I actually only joined in 2009 because I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to ask CT a question - I know no other place site which allows you to have ‘facetime’ with a respected trainer. Otherwise I would probably still be read only. There have been many recent posts, like the 2006 version of this thread, which have been discussed at length elsewhere and which I have read. Maximum natural bodyweight and Prof X a request are others for instance.

I do believe that ignorance should be excused provided it is not accompanied with arrogance, or an unwillingness to learn - very often I allow youth as a suitable excuse for dumb questions or indeed an inability to do their own research. In regards to repitition of the same points, I think it is a fact of life that the same questions are going to be asked again and again. Questions that are 50 years old are still being debated till this day, i.e. split routines vs full body, everyone has an opinion which is why the discussion forum exists. New people come to the forum all the time, and they have questions, ‘im 150lbs, which supplements should I use?’ What they need in this case is direction and I can think of no better person to give it than X, or indeed you! They should be made aware of the fact that with weight lifting hard work and dedication are more important than any supplement…I can understand how this can be especially irritating when it is advice that falls on deaf ears. That’s why people post threads like this, they want to hear what other people have to say in the here and now. So no, I don’t accept your point on that - otherwise the discussion forum might as well be closed down and relegated to a search function.

I get just as pissed off with this stuff too, very often I don’t have the energy to even begin trying to answer it… perhaps that is even worse than not replying at all. I don’t know.

[quote]HBSBound wrote:

Sorry, but like you I say what I feel.
[/quote]

NIguy’s picture.[/quote]

It’s because I said this isn’t it!!! Lol

[quote]NIguy wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
I know you’ve only joined recently but have you been here before that to know how many times this shit has been repeated already? Or do you find that sort of thing irrelevant to your point? It sounds like you believe ignorance is an excuse to ask unnecessary questions without repercussion. [/quote]

Been using this site amongst others for the past few years nearly exclusively as a place to read articles/forum chat, 2006/7 is when I first started reading here, no earlier. I actually only joined in 2009 because I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to ask CT a question - I know no other place site which allows you to have ‘facetime’ with a respected trainer.

Otherwise I would probably still be read only. There have been many recent posts, like the 2006 version of this thread, which have been discussed at length elsewhere and which I have read. Maximum natural bodyweight and Prof X a request are others for instance.

I do believe that ignorance should be excused provided it is not accompanied with arrogance, or an unwillingness to learn - very often I allow youth as a suitable excuse for dumb questions or indeed an inability to do their own research.

In regards to repitition of the same points, I think it is a fact of life that the same questions are going to be asked again and again. Questions that are 50 years old are still being debated till this day, i.e. split routines vs full body, everyone has an opinion which is why the discussion forum exists. New people come to the forum all the time, and they have questions, ‘im 150lbs, which supplements should I use?’

What they need in this case is direction and I can think of no better person to give it than X, or indeed you! They should be made aware of the fact that with weight lifting hard work and dedication are more important than any supplement…I can understand how this can be especially irritating when it is advice that falls on deaf ears.

That’s why people post threads like this, they want to hear what other people have to say in the here and now. So no, I don’t accept your point on that - otherwise the discussion forum might as well be closed down and relegated to a search function.

I get just as pissed off with this stuff too, very often I don’t have the energy to even begin trying to answer it… perhaps that is even worse than not replying at all. I don’t know.[/quote]

Well I don’t see ignorance as a valid excuse for anything. Ignorant people are encouraged to make a post along the lines of “can anyone point me in the right direction to read about blah blah”. But to just come along and start the ‘sarcoplasmic hypertrophy’ debate is just annoying and should be treated as such. I mean he could have at least bumped the old thread to at least pretend not to be a troll.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Read the OP’s post history

He is starting threads about all the “hot trolling topics”.

I didn’t think he was a troll at first but at this point it is obvious that he is just trying to be annoying. [/quote]

…which begs the question of why we are getting posters crying due to “sand in vagina syndrome” because we don’t cuddle with the OP.

Some people’s children.[/quote]

Is it me, or is there a lot of raised estrogen around here lately?

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Read the OP’s post history

He is starting threads about all the “hot trolling topics”.

I didn’t think he was a troll at first but at this point it is obvious that he is just trying to be annoying. [/quote]

…which begs the question of why we are getting posters crying due to “sand in vagina syndrome” because we don’t cuddle with the OP.

Some people’s children.[/quote]

Is it me, or is there a lot of raised estrogen around here lately?
[/quote]

It can’t be just you. These dudes will even defend trolls just so they can cry about whether a post makes their feelings hurt.