Have I Done Something Wrong With This Cycle?

Hey T-men,

Second cycle just completed. First cycle was D-Bol at 40mg/day about 3 yrs ago with pretty sweet gains. This last cycle was 200mg of Deca and 100mg of Test Cyp every 4 days. I kept calories way up and protein up. After 6 wks I have gained only 3 pounds and marginal improvements in strength. I have no water rentention at all, which is wierd since i did have it when i was on D-Bols. I did notice that my temper is much much worse and have little zits poppin up on my chest and my pumps at the gym are pretty crazy. Still though, no improvements in weightgain or strength. Am i expecting too much here or have i been scammed?

[quote]cdnGunner wrote:
Hey T-men,

Second cycle just completed. First cycle was D-Bol at 40mg/day about 3 yrs ago with pretty sweet gains. This last cycle was 200mg of Deca and 100mg of Test Cyp every 4 days. I kept calories way up and protein up. After 6 wks I have gained only 3 pounds and marginal improvements in strength. I have no water rentention at all, which is wierd since i did have it when i was on D-Bols. I did notice that my temper is much much worse and have little zits poppin up on my chest and my pumps at the gym are pretty crazy. Still though, no improvements in weightgain or strength. Am i expecting too much here or have i been scammed?[/quote]

It is very hard to tell based on the information you have given. Did you lose body fat during the cycle? That may have increased your TOTAL weight by only 3 pounds, but it means you gained some good muscle mass (depending on the fat loss, of course).

Had you been using ancillaries like Clomid or Nolvadex?

As for the temper, I would be pissed if I only gained 3 pounds after being on the juice for 6 weeks too! (just kidding)

You didn’t do enough AAS - what a waste of time! You should have sought our help before hand!

450mg of AAS per week - and this is of course at your peak, which I assume you are at right now, still may not be enough to see much difference. Deca is not that anabolic, and your test you are taking will never be enough to see any results.

Your chemicals are WAY too low. With that 100mg of Test every 4 days, you did nothing but suppress your your natural T-levels. I would have doubled it, if not, TRIPLED it. Seriously. I’m not saying this like some juice-freak who goes gung-ho with his cycles. What I’m saying is, with 600mg of Deca per week, and 700mg of Test per week, your gains would have been incredible.

Try shooting your Test ED at 100mg next time… or, since you are using Cypionate, you can stay with the 4-day-injection schedule, but shoot up 400mg at a time. You did nothing wrong, you just used levels that were much too low to see any real significant gains.

Everything’s pretty much been touched upon…I’d just like to add that a lot of times we base the success of a cycle upon pure scale weight…This is ridiculous. To truly assess the results of a cycle, one needs to have their body comp. analyzed prior to cycle and post cycle…I do this every time…Well, actually I get my bf tested every 2 weeks:)

MK

So, 200mg/ml Deca (x7) and 200mg Test Cyp.( x10) This is not enough for one cycle for 200lbs of LBM ?

400 mg per week is on the low side. I would say 600 is where most people begin to see results. Typically I will use over a gram per week as results tend to increase with increases in dose. This is just a general answer however, as every steroid has a different effect per dose - i.e. I may only need 100mg per week of dbol to get results, but may need 600 mg of deca.

Also just so we’re not missing anything, “calories way up” would be how many per day? Double your lbm in protein per day too? If not the right amount of gear wouldn’t have done much either, if you’re doing a bulker.