Hated Presents: A Loner..

Irony is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what a speaker or a writer says and what he or she means, or is generally understood.

In modern usage it can also refer to particularly striking examples of incongruities observed in everyday life between what was intended or said and what actually happened…

More the second than the first…Starting a log in a publicly viewed place but the title and the attitude of the author is one of solitude. I’ve often talked about what I’m going to do in the last year. This is a bit different…i’m only going to write about what I’ve done…like right now I’m listening to Agnostic Front “Live at CBGB”…why is this important? It isn’t or might not be to you, but let me explain.

In the last year and change I’ve gained 50 lbs, and raging foot problem. I was a competitive bike racer, before that a runner, and before that a fat ass. Now I’m a fat ass…I’ve been lifting this whole time so right now I’m just beefy…really beefy…dimples below my ass beefy…squatting 355 beefy…I think about 20 lbs ago I tried to run it off, but instead got plantar fasciitis.

I’ve had it before but i was always a little lighter, and didn’t spend 10 hours a day on my feet. With the added weight it made it hard to walk the 40 min. to the gym, work out, walk home, and finally work all day running around at my job. I’ve gotten some orthotics and I’m about a month in, and so far I’m still getting some achiness and tightness…

So off and on lifting, eating whatever ( and i mean whatever) has put me in this state. I’m very sick and tired of looking this way. Also I’m winded easily, and I can’t stand that. So I’ve been reading this site for awhile. I’ve decided on a few things.

One: Fat Fast diet for 2 weeks. Then a regular keto style diet for 2 weeks. Then anabolic style diet with the carb up once a week for 2 months.

Two: No cheat meals. My cheats have turned into full blown diet overruns. I crave all things bad about food. My carb ups a month from now will be healthy food. Sushi, sprouted grain bread, rice , and the like. Nothing fried, nothing that anyone would count as a dessert.

Three: I’m going to do the 10 x 3 for fat loss for a month. Then I’ll think about what program to do next.

It’s simple, suffer.
Hated

The attached pic is what i used to look like, and that is at 180 lbs.

5/20/2008
Bought the supplies. ON Whey/Casein. Two different tubs so I can use them at different times. I bought a multi…Flax Oil…Tryptophan…and some stuff to keep me regular as well as a bit of a cleanse. I will also be taking Zinc and Magnesium in large doses. I plan on take REZ-V for 21 days then switching to Alpha Male because i got a few tips from Chris Shugart on his log.

3 shakes so far today, but i hope to fit another one in tonite to get my total up to 200 grams of protein. I add flax to each and sometimes throw in some extra coconut oil for flavor. My total calories so far
1)465 total, 52 grams of protein, 195 fat cal.
2)600 total, 50 grams of protein, 380 fat cal.
3)605 total, 48 grams of protein, 365 fat cal.
4)Tb of pb: 100 total, 4 grams of protein, 4 fat cal.

Total 1705 total, 154 grams of protein, 944 fat cal.

Workout: Weight x reps (sets)
Deadlifts: 185 x 3 (1), 205 x 3 (9)
Pull ups: Bodyweight x 3 (10)
Barbell Front Squat: 185 x 3 (10)
Decline Bench: 185 x 3 (10)
Calf raises: 60 x 10 (3)

45 seconds rest between sets. I threw in the calf raises to help strengthen my foot. It’s a 40 min walk to the gym, and 40 min back. On the way there I tried to walk fast but my foot started to bother me, but on the way home after the workout and stretching my calves, walking a little slower it didn’t bother me.

To bed…

edit: i weigh 230 and am 5’8"…here is a photo…

Hmm…okay…photo…NOW!

This is a pic of where I would like to be. I was 23 or so and playing with my band…I was running about 45 miles a week and lifting 2 times a week…I was also vegan…I was also shredded.

Well back to work today. So it was a long ass day, and i’m definitely sick now. Day 2 of this diet and i already broke it. I just wanted some real food. I had a salad and some lamb. no carbs…i can do no carbs but shakes all the time…i don’t know…if i throw in a meal every couple of days…i just feel like crap right now…i’m going to mega dose some zinc and mag, and go to bed. will re-evaluate tomorrow.

I took the day off. I feel pretty bad so I’m going to sleep and have my shakes. According to 10 x 3 I don’t think I have to work out till tomorrow but I did miss the HIIT training. Ugh.

WAR.

So I had some shakes. I also had some hot wings. Not exactly diet food, huh. I’m not going to beat myself up. I’m just going to do better tomorrow.

This is why I can’t stray at all. When I do stray just a little. I wind up making mistakes regularly.

okay. starting over again. i have some Biotest shit on the way and i will start over again. hopefully it comes soon. i worked out my legs then rode the bike outside for an hour and a half.

dead 185 x 3 (10)
front squat 165 x 3 (10)
standing hamstring curls 60 x 8 (4)
leg ext. 90 x 8 (3)
30-45 sec rest between sets.

i rode an hour at a good pace then piddled around for another half hour or so.

had a shake before i left. had a shake when i got back.

So today i started the V-Diet. The workout today was…
Alternating Shoulder press:45 x 4(3)
Lunges: 145 x 4(3)
DB Row: 70 x 4(3)

Overhead DB Tri Ext:25 x 4(3)
Standing Hammer Curl: 40 x 4(3)
Front Squat: 160 x 4(3)

These shakes are pretty freakin’ good. Surge was a lot sweeter than i thought it would be. I got the raspberry flavor.

I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile.

Good on you for logging your progress! Look forward to seeing where this takes you. However, why the harsh dieting? IMHO, you don’t look like you need the V-Diet.

Good luck man. I am no expert but if drinking just shakes is too hard for you try to go on a low carb diet for a few weeks.

hey man…good luck with that Plantar B.S.

I had it (got it ) too. limped around every damn morning ; screwed around with NSAIDS ; finally tried the orthodics…and BAM , three days later it started getting better . it’s about 99% better now.

so you a wing guy ? man , theres a place here that cooks up THE MOST AWESOME wings on this planet . wings are my post-squat/deadlift treat…but I wouldnt dare eat them the day before leg-day , if you know what I mean

Today I will make it. Day 2. I’m very hungry. I can’t wait to go to the gym in the morning. I’m still trying to get over this Plantar so I can’t walk as much, but i am on my feet for 10 hours walking the sales floor. That’s gotta count for something. NO JUSTIFICATION.

I mainly want to stick to the diet. I think I had waaay to many Fiber tabs today. I have to cut that down because it will add too many additional calories.

I’m ignoring my girlfriend circling me like a vulture waiting for me to to break. Our new life in New York has been eating and watching movies, and right now I just want to hang at home, listen to metal and not slip up.

MORE WAR.

[quote]G87 wrote:
Good on you for logging your progress! Look forward to seeing where this takes you. However, why the harsh dieting? IMHO, you don’t look like you need the V-Diet. [/quote]

Thanks for your opinion, but I’m suffering from some foot problems and they are becoming unbearable. Gaining 50 lbs in a year or so is a bad look either way. 5’7" 230 lbs is not a healthy weight and i’m carrying alot of bf. I enjoyed being 180 (the pic at the top), and was alot happier. That’s all.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
hey man…good luck with that Plantar B.S.

I had it (got it ) too. limped around every damn morning ; screwed around with NSAIDS ; finally tried the orthodics…and BAM , three days later it started getting better . it’s about 99% better now.

so you a wing guy ? man , theres a place here that cooks up THE MOST AWESOME wings on this planet . wings are my post-squat/deadlift treat…but I wouldnt dare eat them the day before leg-day , if you know what I mean[/quote]

NOOOOOO! don’t tempt me with wing talk!!! JK. Got to stay away from the wings so I can get rid of the foot problem.

MORE WAR.

I went for the walk I said I wasn’t going to go on. 30 min. pretty easy, but my foot started to bother me. THIS SUCKS. I’m sure that whatever amount of weight I’ll lose will take some strain off of my foot and achilles.

For some reason I can’t sleep. That’s why I’m typing this. I feel super warm, and my mind is racing. I take tryptophan and zinc at night.

ugh.

Another day almost done. Shakes are down. I still can’t decide whether or not I want to follow the stricter plan. Tonite I’m going to make my last shake with half.

My girlfriend is heating up the pizza from last nite. UGGGGHHHH

i feel terrible today.

I did my workout though.

Pullups 3 x bodyweight (6)
Deadlifts 3 x 199(6)
Pushups 8 x bodyweight(6)
KB Swings 8(each arm) x 50(6)

30 sec rest between exercises…if that. Can’t do dips at my work, because we only have a small Olympic style setup so that’s why I did pushups and kb swings because they prolly work on as many muscles as the dips.

I did my walk during lunch on a treadmill. 35 min @ 3.5 mph pace…foot felt okay, but i can’t really crank up the pace or the incline because both are a strain.

I feel very bloated, and haven’t had a good “bm” in a while, that doesn’t mean black metal. I haven’t been putting flax meal, so i got that today and I’m waiting for my fish oil, so i haven’t been gettin’ mega doses of that either.

I don’t feel like I’m losing weight, but that’s not going to stop me. Constantly looking for short-term results hasn’t gotten me anywhere so I look forward and keep on.

MORE WAR.

So i feel much better, now. I had some “black metal” hit the porcelain.

I also placed a new order with Biotest. More Metabolic Drive, Surge, and getting the HOT-RO, and BCAA’s and ZMA.

Still on REZ-V. Multi.

Still waiting for Fish Oil, and CLA.

I’m going to bed, soon. I have to ice my foot, and then soak it in hot water.

fuck dieting

get bloated