T Nation

Hate Crime.

I wasn’t sure about starting this one, but it just caught my eye today while watching the news.

Muslim woman was beaten to death in her own home and the killer left a note saying, “This is my country, go back to yours.”

We’re all up in arms and are divided about the Trayvon Martin killing, but this one for sure I thought there would be no division. The issue though of course, is that the police are still hesitant to call this a hate crime. And no, this is not a “Fuck the police” thread. It’s just sad and I thought her story should be told since all our focus is on the Florida case.

9/11, Terrorism, Hijab… I’m not gonna say I can’t believe this still happens, but it’s still sad that it does.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
I wasn’t sure about starting this one, but it just caught my eye today while watching the news.

Muslim woman was beaten to death in her own home and the killer left a note saying, “This is my country, go back to yours.”

We’re all up in arms and are divided about the Trayvon Martin killing, but this one for sure I thought there would be no division. The issue though of course, is that the police are still hesitant to call this a hate crime. And no, this is not a “Fuck the police” thread. It’s just sad and I thought her story should be told since all our focus is on the Florida case.

9/11, Terrorism, Hijab… I’m not gonna say I can’t believe this still happens, but it’s still sad that it does.[/quote]

Words escape me at how awful that is.

Man that sucks. There are some sick, sick people out there.

If that isn’t pre meditated i don’t know what is.

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
I wasn’t sure about starting this one, but it just caught my eye today while watching the news.

Muslim woman was beaten to death in her own home and the killer left a note saying, “This is my country, go back to yours.”

We’re all up in arms and are divided about the Trayvon Martin killing, but this one for sure I thought there would be no division. The issue though of course, is that the police are still hesitant to call this a hate crime. And no, this is not a “Fuck the police” thread. It’s just sad and I thought her story should be told since all our focus is on the Florida case.

9/11, Terrorism, Hijab… I’m not gonna say I can’t believe this still happens, but it’s still sad that it does.[/quote]

Words escape me at how awful that is.[/quote]

Happens plenty, too… And worse than this (yeah, really).

Damn sad. Is this still America?

Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

Marz, as inappropriate as that was, I lol’d.

This is horrible. I hope they catch and fry the bastard who did this to that poor woman. I don’t understand some people’s attitudes toward immigrants. My girlfriend and I have both experienced this attitude (I am Russian originally and she is Indian), not to this extent though and it is very upsetting, especially considering that I am now a US citizen and she is close to being one. We have both been told many times that we “should go back to where we came from.”

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

Dude…

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

As terrible as it may seem… I wouldn’t doubt that theres people out there who would say she deserved it. How do I know? Because theres terrible human beings out there like this person who committed the crime in the first place.

But darn it I couldn’t help it I lol’d!

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
This is horrible. I hope they catch and fry the bastard who did this to that poor woman. I don’t understand some people’s attitudes toward immigrants. My girlfriend and I have both experienced this attitude (I am Russian originally and she is Indian), not to this extent though and it is very upsetting, especially considering that I am now a US citizen and she is close to being one. We have both been told many times that we “should go back to where we came from.” [/quote]

There exists a certain kind of people/way of thinking which is responsible for this… I don’t think there’s anything there to understand. They do not think like we do, and this is not limited to hatred for immigrants… No do I think is it really necessarily about the stated “offence” of being an immigrant, not living according to Sharia law, or taking their jobs or whatever the hell it is.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

Marz, as inappropriate as that was, I lol’d.
[/quote]

i aim to please.

But on a serious note, its fucked up that things like this happen.

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
As terrible as it may seem… I wouldn’t doubt that theres people out there who would say she deserved it. How do I know? Because theres terrible human beings out there like this person who committed the crime in the first place.

[/quote]

Of course there are. Just as there are people who think it’s perfectly right for a young boy or girl to blow themselves up in a marketplace full of other people in the name of whatever.

There is no way to reconcile with such people that I can think of.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
As terrible as it may seem… I wouldn’t doubt that theres people out there who would say she deserved it. How do I know? Because theres terrible human beings out there like this person who committed the crime in the first place.

[/quote]

Of course there are. Just as there are people who think it’s perfectly right for a young boy or girl to blow themselves up in a marketplace full of other people in the name of whatever.

There is no way to reconcile with such people that I can think of.

[/quote]

You are right, there are a lot of terrible people in this world. I just hope they catch the person who did this before someone else gets hurt or killed.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

Dude…

[/quote]

Damn, i felt like i was back at school then getting shouted out of a teacher.

She was from my neck of the woods, I was being heavily sarcastic based on the face that the police haven’t declared this a hate crime.

I mean wtf has to happen to be a hate crime? Seriously. I would like to know.

Shocking story.

It is sad this kinda shit is still happening in the land of the free.

And fuck the police AGAIN. Of course this is a hate crime. The killer left a xenophobic note next to the body. Who else do they think killed that woman? Her husband?

RIP Ms Alawadi.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Shocking story.

It is sad this kinda shit is still happening in the country of the free.

And fuck the police AGAIN. Of course this is a hate crime. The killer left a xenophobic note next to the body. Who else do they think killed that woman? Her husband?

RIP Ms Alawadi. [/quote]

I’d expect this kind of behaviour from British police, they are crazy soft. Again, what if it was a white woman and the note said ‘Die white bitch’.

Hell fucking yeah it would be a hate crime straight off the bat.

This story sucks on so many levels and if this is true ( the killing them for a nationality or belief) its sick.

But I hate the whole concept behind Hate crime laws. It’s like the crack laws of the 80’s/90’s.

If I sell cocaine powder to you to snort it’s not as bad as selling it in a crystal rock form more jail time.

Killing you because you cut me off in traffic is not as bad as killing you because I don’t like the book you use to acknowledge God?

Oh and one will get the Feds attention

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Maybe she was the aggressor? Did they find a bag of skittles there?[/quote]

Dude…

[/quote]

Damn, i felt like i was back at school then getting shouted out of a teacher.

She was from my neck of the woods, I was being heavily sarcastic based on the face that the police haven’t declared this a hate crime.

I mean wtf has to happen to be a hate crime? Seriously. I would like to know. [/quote]

My issue was with the skittles thing… Ok, I get it was a joke… But the skittles crap had nothing to do with the Trayvon Martin case either, it was meaningless propaganda to muddle the issue and it was the start of a lot more obfuscation and such from both sides.

As for the hate crime thing, who knows why they haven’t put it that way. Might be that the message is just there to mislead.

I don’t care whether it was due to hatred or not, I want the party responsible to run head-first into a very solid wall made out of elemental justice.

[quote]four60 wrote:
This story sucks on so many levels and if this is true ( the killing them for a nationality or belief) its sick.

But I hate the whole concept behind Hate crime laws. It’s like the crack laws of the 80’s/90’s.

If I sell cocaine powder to you to snort it’s not as bad as selling it in a crystal rock form more jail time.

Killing you because you cut me off in traffic is not as bad as killing you because I don’t like the book you use to acknowledge God?

Oh and one will get the Feds attention [/quote]

I agree with you on that.