Hat Questions

For this particular brand–7 5/8 fits me like a glove.
However, they are all out and I have my choice for the 4/8s or the 6/8s.

Is their ways to shrink or widen a hat? Which would be best-- do buy too small or too big?

Thanks.

[quote]THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:

Is their ways to shrink or widen a hat? Which would be best-- do buy too small or too big?

Thanks.[/quote]

Is this a serious question?

Can’t help as I rarely wear hats!!

Thanks.[/quote]

I’ve been wondering the same thing actually…

Depends on the material.

Wool–easy to shrink, just machine wash and dry. But it usually shrinks too much and is unpredictable, and you end up with a dense, ill-formed hat. Wool doesn’t usually stretch well.

Cotton–same way, shrinks in the dryer, and more uniformly. Will stretch if you get it wet.

Fleece/synthetic–doesn’t shrink or stretch.

Grow more hair or get a haircut, respectively?

I get the FlexFit or Z Fit elastic banded hats. Looks fitted from the exterior but gives you more wiggle room.

Thanks.[/quote]

Just go with the larger one, but make sure you change the rest of your wardrobe to match your new hip hop style.

Grab the bigger hat size. One thing I’ve done that has helped is after I wash a hat I’ll put the shoe rack dryer attachment and put my hat on a pot from the kitchen and run it for about 60 mins, it will be hot as hell(especially the metal tips if your hat has em) but it will shrink. Then again, I don’t do that too often because a freakin 8 fits my head like a glove plus I hate the flex fits, I always stick with the Velcro backs

i think you could pull this off…

ehh thanks rocker and sluicy.

I bought a new North Stars hat last night that was a little small. I got it soaking wet and wore it till it dried. Fits perfect now.

My skull is too fat.