Has The Steroid Forum Benefited You? ATTN: Gregus

This is for Gregus and his assertion that the majority of the posters here are elitist pricks who are not interested in helping the little guy get big.

All I want to know is this: Have the regulars or vets of this forum helped you in a manner you felt was helpful, generous and concerned? I am not going to go so far as to say “friendly,” because sometimes we can be rather stern here, but I think that’s important, given the nature of the world we are dealing with.

If you disagree, I want you to feel free to share that, as well. If we really are just a bunch of big meanies like everyone seems to think we are, then I want to know and I want to know why. That reputation certainly does seem to stick with us, but it always comes from someone outside the board, and I am always confounded by it, because this place always seems, to me, to be among the most civil and sane of all the T-Nation boards. It’s one of the only ones that still retains that “original Testosterone flavor,” if you ask me.

Anyway, you don’t have to write a dissertation like I’m doing here. Just a sentence or two, or even just a couple of words like: “dicks,” or “not dicks,” would suffice.

I really hope to hear from the lurkers on this one. Lurkers?

Thanks guys.

Reading the forum, some guys mentioned this thing I never heard of before called “TRT” so I looked it up…

A year later, I feel, TRT saved my life. Good enough? I learned about it here.

That said, at least 51% of the info shared here is totally wrong, if not entirely stupid.

Steroid ‘knowledge’ exchanged online is mostly laughable if not dangerous. This site is the least stupid on the net.

I’m sure you’ve (and many others here) had the same experiece as I have. Many people PM me with questions. Conversations I have via PM are overwhelmingly more productive than the advice I give to the “but I heard X drug did Y at bullshit.com” guys. Even if the person doesn’t agree with what I say or chooses to go a different route the communication never degenerates to the shit seen in the forum.

There’s something about the anonimity that makes people feel less accountable for their words posted in public.

/hijack

edit

I still hold the same standards via PM as I do in the forum, so please no PMs with completely retarded questions.

Lurker? That’s me!
I had let off some lurker steam on some other thread a few days back, but here are some rational thoughts:
I realize that the vets here like yourself, Bonezz(sp?) and whoever else see what you guys do and say on the forums as necessary sometimes, but it can be overboard.

One thing you guys have to realize is that everyone behind the keyboard is some dude lookin to enhance his body, as we all are. Everybody here started in the same spot: not knowing anything about steroids. And while it may more “respectful”, “wise”, “intelligent”, whatever, to read every sticky and to cruise the forums for weeks looking for knowledge before posting (and sometimes it can be different info from different sites anyway), not everybody will do it, or even close to it.

I don’t think it is someone’s place to bash on somebody for being “too small”, “too young” whatever…Refer him to the sticky, or dont even respond if you don’t want to help. No sense in bashing him, he will just go to a less knowledgeable forum and probably be in a worse situation; now how is that helping him? If he had asked you in person through a friend or something, you probably would have been more helpful and less condescending, and if not, I would be willing to bet I can count the number of friends you have on one hand.

We all want the same thing in the end from the use of steroids, respect and admiration.
Just from cruising the forums and trying to learn as much as I can I realize that out of many steroid forums I have been on in the past 2 weeks, this is by far the least friendly…but, the most knowledgeable.

I understand it’s a great place to get critiqued on your cycles, but there WILL be people that post shitty info hoping to get feedback. He has to learn somehow…hell, i wouldn’t know much of what I do if I hadn’t read many threads where guys had been bashed for saying something “stupid” on this forum.
All I’m saying is lighten up a bit…if you really don’t want to help people(and that includes n00bs or “trolls”), then pretend to atleast, or don’t help at all.
Posters’ tendencies I’ve noticed over the past couple of weeks.
Bones- bashes people sometimes…but can be helpful too
saps- helpful
rrjc- annoying, just follows the vets…don’t know if what he is saying is true or if he is just looking for attention
cortes- prob same as bones
Wyldflower(sp?)- from what I’ve gathered… what a jackass
BBB- helpful
DetroitLionsBaby- pretty helpful

BTW- I don’t care if I didn’t spell something correctly or use perfect grammar; its just a damn forum.

Maybe I am dating myself here, but I remember when Cortes joined back in 2005. I was under a different screen name, but am still the same guy.

Me personaly, this forum has been helpful.

I think some of the people (regulars, vets) could perhaps be more tactful. Rather this stems from high androgen levels, bein in PCT, or just the anonymity/detachment of being on the net we need to be slightly more serious. The only way to keep/return this board to its former glory is to maintain/grow our core, and yes, we can be dicks when it is appropriate, give sarcastic comments when appropriate, but behave in a manner which strengthens our relentless pursuit of muscle and performance, not give us a reputation as arrogant prick elitists too full of ourselves or steroids to be based in reality.

P.S. Wyldflower is a jackass, yet he is a brother in iron, so even if I want to tip one side of his barbell whilst squatting, he sadly is here

[quote]js888 wrote:
Just from cruising the forums and trying to learn as much as I can I realize that out of many steroid forums I have been on in the past 2 weeks, this is by far the least friendly…but, the most knowledgeable.
[/quote]

Just quoted for emphasis. If you were about to undergo surgery and had to choose a doctor based upon the above criteria, what kind of doctor would you choose?

And, still, just because we are not holding hands and singing We Are The World does not mean we are not helping guys.

I did my first cycle without consulting this forum first and I wish I had. I would have welcomed a good bashing. It was a mistake NOT to come here first and I regret it.

I find this forum more useful than talking to the guru or dealer at the gym (or even reading a single book or article) because you have the opportunity to absorb information from many different sources simultaneously with personalized answers that help you make your own choice. Some of this is an exact science, but a lot of it is not, partly because the clinical data is not there yet and also because each person responds differently to stimuli.

Yes, there is a lot of bashing and posturing but I don’t take it personally. And I should also mention that when somebody comes on here and is desperate for help and time is of the essence or the problem is serious or life-threatening, even if they put themselves into that position because they didn’t “read the stickies”, they aren’t bashed - they are helped.

It can be an unfriendly forum but I see it as a means to an end. If I’m going in for heart surgery, I want the best doctor and personally I don’t give a crap about bedside manner.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:
[/quote]

Just quoted for emphasis. If you were about to undergo surgery and had to choose a doctor based upon the above criteria, what kind of doctor would you choose?

And, still, just because we are not holding hands and singing We Are The World does not mean we are not helping guys.
[/quote]

Funny that you also made the doctor analogy…

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously the doctor that is more knowledgeable. I am still cruising your forums for a reason, but I’m saying you turn some people in the wrong direction by bashing them (they prob go to other forums). And from what I’ve seen in many “noob” threads, there is a lot more bashing than helping.
I was just reading some of the stickies…And even some of your posts (and Bones) just a year or more ago were not condescending or demeaning. If you compare these posts to recent posts you guys have made, you’ll see the difference.

[quote]ScienceGuy wrote:
Reading the forum, some guys mentioned this thing I never heard of before called “TRT” so I looked it up…

A year later, I feel, TRT saved my life. Good enough? I learned about it here.

That said, at least 51% of the info shared here is totally wrong, if not entirely stupid.

Steroid ‘knowledge’ exchanged online is mostly laughable if not dangerous. This site is the least stupid on the net.[/quote]

Well we could always use a few good men…

[quote]js888 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously the doctor that is more knowledgeable. I am still cruising your forums for a reason, but I’m saying you turn some people in the wrong direction by bashing them (they prob go to other forums). And from what I’ve seen in many “noob” threads, there is a lot more bashing than helping.
I was just reading some of the stickies…And even some of your posts (and Bones) just a year or more ago were not condescending or demeaning. If you compare these posts to recent posts you guys have made, you’ll see the difference.[/quote]

I can pick out as many of my very own posts right now that have not a single “bash” in them. See my post to eliasmavs99 as one quick and easy example that I pulled from just this week.

The posts that get “bashed” are of a certain kind, and they get that treatment for a good reason, and believe me, it is nothing but tough love. And if you don’t love it, tough :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was just reading some of the stickies…And even some of your posts (and Bones) just a year or more ago were not condescending or demeaning. If you compare these posts to recent posts you guys have made, you’ll see the difference.[/quote]

I can pick out as many of my very own posts right now that have not a single “bash” in them. See my post to eliasmavs99 as one quick and easy example that I pulled from just this week.

The posts that get “bashed” are of a certain kind, and they get that treatment for a good reason, and believe me, it is nothing but tough love. And if you don’t love it, tough ;)[/quote]

Why did you ask for opinions or thoughts if you are just going to defend whatever negative things come your way? I thought this was a “constructive criticism” type thread.

I certainly feel that there is “rookie hazing” on this forum, but at the same time,once you demonstrate that you have done some research of your own and ask good questions (ones that maybe aren’t in the stickies), I think this board is very welcoming.

I think it should continue to operate this way because it keeps the forum from being filled with bullshit. I usually check in here every couple days, I really only post if I want cycle advice because I really don’t know much, but I’m always down to read and learn from the great info here.

So dicks? Nah, I feel it’s more like “tough love”.

[quote]js888 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]js888 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

The posts that get “bashed” are of a certain kind, and they get that treatment for a good reason, and believe me, it is nothing but tough love. And if you don’t love it, tough ;)[/quote]

Why did you ask for opinions or thoughts if you are just going to defend whatever negative things come your way? I thought this was a “constructive criticism” type thread.[/quote]

Because this thread wouldn’t be any fun otherwise.

Jeez, good thing we don’t follow your rules for this forum. It’d be like a comedy program in Communist Poland.

Hahahaha, my rules? Didn’t know I had stated any.
But I’m sure it can’t already get any less fun than the way you’re running this thread.

You called on people for input, so I gave it. Sounds like you don’t take criticism from people well, explains a lot. You said earlier that your comments can be “nothing but tough love. And if you don’t love it, tough”, I’ll just ask you to take your own advice on this one, bud.

I find it helpful, the slin thread was def useful for me as I will be mucho prepared for when I dabble down that path. The bashing can be hilarious too, I enjoy a good old tard bashing, Im surprised theres not more trolls here than there are. Guess I’ll have to make a new acct and post about how awesome Novedex XT is and how awesomely huge you can get on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]js888 wrote:
Hahahaha, my rules? Didn’t know I had stated any.
But I’m sure it can’t already get any less fun than the way you’re running this thread.

You called on people for input, so I gave it. Sounds like you don’t take criticism from people well, explains a lot. You said earlier that your comments can be “nothing but tough love. And if you don’t love it, tough”, I’ll just ask you to take your own advice on this one, bud.[/quote]
Go back to lurking. I prefer you that way.

I’ve been lurking the steroid section religiously for about a year and a half and T-Nation as a whole for more than 3 years. During that time, I’ve done countless searches and I usually read through all the responses. I would say overall all the vets are helpful, it’s just the way they go about providing their help.

For instance a 150 lbs guy posts about his plan to do a cycle. One vet may respond ‘go fuckin eat’ where as another might say ‘save your money and buy beef, whole milk, and eggs’ and another would explain that this person needs to get their diet locked down before a cycle and provide the reasons why. As you can see, the same helpful information is being provided, so the amount of elaborating in the response determines whether the vet is considered a ‘dick’ or ‘helpful’ in the eyes of the O.P.

Either way, I don’t believe the vets need to change their style for anyone because at the end of the day, I’ve never really seen an open-minded O.P. who has researched his topic well get flamed, even my BONEZ lol, anyone else just asking for it…

Another lurker here.

Been reading this forum and others for the past couple of years. I personally have gained ALOT of insight from the better posters here. I realize that the internet is full of people who are clueless as much as it is full of people who have accurate information to share. I also think that people in general don’t like to be held accountable for what they say/do, and even more so on the internet. This is where alot of the “whiny” ignorant posts come from in my opinion.

If I were to propose a cycle or had a specific question I would be hoping to receive honest and accurate feedback and not just an “attaboy go get swole”. Who cares if Bonez or Cortes tells you how it is and not what you want to hear or are expecting to hear? I think their candid manner of responding is quite reasonable.

Those of you who know what you are talking about and take the time to share, it is much appreciated.

I know the difference between an AI and a SERM. I know why HCG is better used on cycle than afterwards. I also FINALLY got it through my head that eating alot is the real key. The list goes on. The guys at my gym are clueless. If I had to get my info from them I would be doing a Deca only cycle for 8 weeks with no PCT cos “it don’t really shut you down too bad”.

I do think this is one of the best forums as far as quality of information goes.

No matter your opinions of how nice the people offering their time and knowledgable advice should be, the fact is, this is one of the best forums for information regarding PED use. (not directed at anyone in particular)

Steroids are a serious subject and sometimes people need to be berated when they are about to do things that could effect their health for the rest of their lives. If you don’t have your health…

I am thankful for the forum and it’s conscientious contributors.