Has Society Become too Pussified?

lol

Right on cue, a Fight Club reference enters the thread. Granted, I was betting on it being something about us living in ‘a society of men raised by women’ or whatever the hell the quote is, but still.

[quote]AverageGuy wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
240lbs40vert wrote:
i mean just look at us. we always look for the easy way out of everything. social networking sites such as facebook have allow us to bitch moan and complain about everything. we are too scared to do simple stuff like talking to women at times…

just wondering if anyone here shares my views, or think of other ways we have become pussified

66% or more of the US is obese. The requirement for which they raise every day, to avoid damaging people’s self esteem.*

no, fuck no, we’re BEASTS!! strong! intelligent! honest! no, we’re not pussies.

*my self esteem comes from me. maybe im weird.

Is it really 66%?[/quote]

i am pretty certain 66% of the united states’ population is overweight, and roughly 35% is considered obese based on total bodyfat %, not bmi

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
66% or more of the US is obese. The requirement for which they raise every day, to avoid damaging people’s self esteem.*

Most of the people on this site would probably fall into the obese category of the BMI test that the governments use so I would take that number with a grain of salt.

There are WAY more people who are obese rather than muscular, so that number does have weight to it.

The BMI counts anyone 215 lbs and over at my height (5"11’) in the obese category. Not everyone who’s 215+ lbs at 5"11 looks good but they aren’t what I would call obese.

The amount of fat out of shape people is inreasing, but 66% is too high.[/quote]

You’re in Canada. I said the US. Yes, it’s very easy to believe that 2/3 of the people here are obese. Go to walmart. Go anywhere.

And who the fuck said anything about a BMI? I’m overweight on a BMI reading as well.

Jesus fucking christ if you cant come up with a somewhat logical response to my post, i request that you stop making shit up (the bmi reference) and twisting it around (canada vs us).

[quote]imhungry wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
240lbs40vert wrote:

just wondering if anyone here shares my views

Nope.

Let people become the fattest, stupidest, most socially awkward bunch of decadent miscreants the world has ever seen.

Then when they are completely useless and helpless people of actual value or skill can take them for everything they have and they won’t be able to lift a finger to stop you.

[/psychotic plan to rule the world]

What you call “psychotic”, I call “Genius”.[/quote]

This idea is what the whole book “Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand is about. It’s heavy reading (1000+ pages and not a childish vocabulary), but pretty interesting. It focuses on how society starts relying only on those who can produce, which punishing them at the same time.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
CBear84 wrote:

Most of the people on this site would probably fall into the obese category of the BMI test that the governments use so I would take that number with a grain of salt.

There are WAY more people who are obese rather than muscular, so that number does have weight to it.

The BMI counts anyone 215 lbs and over at my height (5"11’) in the obese category. Not everyone who’s 215+ lbs at 5"11 looks good but they aren’t what I would call obese.

The amount of fat out of shape people is inreasing, but 66% is too high.

You’re in Canada. I said the US. Yes, it’s very easy to believe that 2/3 of the people here are obese. Go to walmart. Go anywhere.

And who the fuck said anything about a BMI? I’m overweight on a BMI reading as well.

Jesus fucking christ if you cant come up with a somewhat logical response to my post, i request that you stop making shit up (the bmi reference) and twisting it around (canada vs us). [/quote]

So what test do they use to measure the gen pop in the US if it isn’t the BMI? Where did your 66% come from? My problem isn’t with your claim that there is an alarming amount of overweight people in the states, just that the BMI is a poor test.

When the fuck did I say anything about Canada vs. the US your angriness?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
It focuses on how society starts relying only on those who can produce, which punishing them at the same time. [/quote]

Eh fuck it. I came from dirt poor, and work pretty fucking hard for what I have.

I don’t look at it as a punishment. I think most people in the upper percentile understand they stand out from the crowd, accept it, and are proud of it at the same time.

Shit if the weight of the world rested on my shoulders and depended upon my success I would be proud and happy to work harder for other people. You guys may be fucked, but I would be willing to try.

DEFINATLY. Let’s change it.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
240lbs40vert wrote:

just wondering if anyone here shares my views

Nope.

Let people become the fattest, stupidest, most socially awkward bunch of decadent miscreants the world has ever seen.

Then when they are completely useless and helpless people of actual value or skill can take them for everything they have and they won’t be able to lift a finger to stop you.

[/psychotic plan to rule the world]

What you call “psychotic”, I call “Genius”.[/quote]

yeah, i want in on this plan.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
CBear84 wrote:

The amount of fat out of shape people is inreasing, but 66% is too high.[/quote]

You’re right…66 % does sound high. This indicates 2 out of 3 people are obese which is alot. On a given day i see just as many skinny people as i do fat people… and i stay in the south, where even water is fried…

The BMI isn’t a reliable indication thats why there is an exception. They do take into account waist size for the sake of bodybuilders and individuals with large amounts of muscle mass. A waist size at least 45 inches is considered overweight and a waist size at least 60 inches is considered obese.

[quote]240lbs40vert wrote:
i mean just look at us. we always look for the easy way out of everything. social networking sites such as facebook have allow us to bitch moan and complain about everything. we are too scared to do simple stuff like talking to women at times…

just wondering if anyone here shares my views, or think of other ways we have become pussified[/quote]

Our leaders don’t want lean hungry warriors in the population. They want soft cushy people who wouldn’t dream of telling some ghetto punk to pull up his pants or some prancing fairy to go back behind the dumpsters where they belong. They want herds of meek cattle streaming into McDonalds.

Strong opinions on anything (except about how ‘we mustn’t judge’) are out. They want a nation of human-mice.

[quote]Otep wrote:
No. It’s just that the guys that sit behind desks visit web forums, whereas the guys working construction, running their own business, or working for the DoD generally don’t take the time to do so (with exceptions of GrowingBoy, Renton, and Alpha, respectively)[/quote]

Well, it is becoming pussified. It’s a side effect of our success as a civilization. Sure there are sectors that you mention that aren’t infected, but the vast majority live lives that are divorced from hard physical labor. People who say that it’s just old men griping about how all the youngin’s are pussies just don’t realize how much life has changed in the west in the last 80 years.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
eic wrote:
Taking the easy way does not a pussy make. Everything from water to animals favors the path of least resistance. But yes we are over pussified as a society. This is because being stereotypically masculine is taboo, whereas being stereotypically feminine is encouraged. It is a one-way ratchet. I’m not worried, though: An army of women and effeminate men is nothing real men fear.

Maybe they should start fearing it. That same army makes all of the laws and regulations. It sets the standards for society as a whole making it harder and harder every year for guys who do act more masculine than the average mouse sitting behind a desk in a cubicle to simply keep functioning.

[/quote]
I hate to think what would happen to this if there were some kind of natural catastrophe like sunspots knocking out the power grid for a few months. The people in this country have such a high sense of entitlement, and are so repulsed by any kind of sacrifice and adversity that they would accept any kind of dictatorship that would promise to keep them in pampers. Those of us who actually tried to be self reliant would be the bad guy, hunted down like dogs for the sin of showing people that they aren’t as helpless as they seem to want to believe.

[quote]240lbs40vert wrote:

just wondering if anyone here shares my views, or think of other ways we have become pussified[/quote]

Yeah it has gotten progressively worse I feel also. It also has become more easily apparent with more media involvement and the advancement of inter networking via facebook,twitter,myspace.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Otep wrote:
No. It’s just that the guys that sit behind desks visit web forums, whereas the guys working construction, running their own business, or working for the DoD generally don’t take the time to do so (with exceptions of GrowingBoy, Renton, and Alpha, respectively)

Well, it is becoming pussified. It’s a side effect of our success as a civilization. Sure there are sectors that you mention that aren’t infected, but the vast majority live lives that are divorced from hard physical labor. People who say that it’s just old men griping about how all the youngin’s are pussies just don’t realize how much life has changed in the west in the last 80 years.[/quote]

It isn’t just about hard physical labor either. Now in society, you will get hammered back into place if you go around acting like a guy…ie. aggressive, or dominating in situations that involve many other women. I doubt most of the guys growing up right now wearing skinny jeans and basically trying to avoid any sign of outward masculinity will have much of a problem here though. They will have been molded all of their lives to believe trying to be more feminine is “in” and trendy…or worse yet that there are no gender lines anymore and guys are basically just women with penises.

This thread probably would have died if CBear didn’t post.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Otep wrote:

Well, it is becoming pussified. It’s a side effect of our success as a civilization. Sure there are sectors that you mention that aren’t infected, but the vast majority live lives that are divorced from hard physical labor. People who say that it’s just old men griping about how all the youngin’s are pussies just don’t realize how much life has changed in the west in the last 80 years.[/quote]

I agree but would you go 80 years back in time just so you won’t be in a pussified society anymore? A pussified society may be a good thing in some aspect. I have a part time hard labor job and I hate it with all my heart. I would never accept doing this all my life, it is just a fucking dead end and it is not worth it.

I think what needs to be changed is the consommation ideology but I dont think I will talk about this on a supplement selling website.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
240lbs40vert wrote:

just wondering if anyone here shares my views, or think of other ways we have become pussified

no, fuck no, we’re BEASTS!! strong! intelligent! honest! no, we’re not pussies. [/quote]

Two-thirds of the population may be overweight, although only a third are considered obese.

Just thought I’d drop some knowledge on you cbear :wink: [quote]

*my self esteem comes from me. maybe im weird. [/quote]

The idea of masculinity is being challenged largely as a result of popular media where masculinity is portrayed as a mask for insecurity, a harsh mask that promotes violence and lacks empathy. But as you can tell from the additude on this forum many people don’t actually think this way.

I don’t know about you guys, but the most masculine people in my life have commanded respect and made the world around them a better place as leaders and strong voices of reason.

Masculinty will never die IMO, because real men (and real women) will always thrive and adapt in any situation. This is just another challenge we must face in our daily lives, if we’re truly justified in our daily actions that will shine through even if we’re not being politically correct or catering to everyones feelings.

[quote]I doubt most of the guys growing up right now wearing skinny jeans and basically trying to avoid any sign of outward masculinity will have much of a problem here though. They will have been molded all of their lives to believe trying to be more feminine is “in” and trendy…or worse yet that there are no gender lines anymore and guys are basically just women with penises.
[/quote]

That thread was disturbing… Those kids are still a minority in schools though, atleast where I have been. Maybe in larger cities it’s more prevalent.

Edit: They kind of seem like modern hippies to me.

Skinny jeans are just a trend…they all come and go…I think people should wear what they want…what difference does it make if you wear the baggiest jeans in the world to the skinniest??

Ive thrown down in hardcore pits and mosh pits with some pretty built dudes in skinny jeans…they don’t hit like girls…youd be suprised! I do think theres a point where it goes too far and dudes are trying to look like girls thereby imasculating themselves.

As far as overall fitness we have become pussified…too many people are obese in America…and they just make excuses for their situation. Excuses turn into more execuses…actions make excuses history

Find 4 boys in this picture.

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tokio_hotel1.jpg